• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is one religion better than the other.. and if so....

Kelly of the Phoenix

Where does the story say immortality ?
Adam was never offered immortality ( <-be death proof ), but offered ' everlasting life ' on Earth.
Hang on ... you're saying that the absence of death is not the same thing as everlasting life? Huh?

"Hang on, Judge: I am suing because I was offered an hour and a half, and all I got was 90 lousy minutes!"

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Me personally probably not.. But I happen to know quite a few people who were willing to and some actually did it...
Some of them were religious, some of them were not!
It seems like you suggest that all people who ever gave their life to save someone else are theists or religious ???

To save the souls of those who hate them?
Yes, that is almost the very definition of religious.
Once they're dead, how can you tell that they did not have a religious epiphany just before they died.
Can't see the point in an atheist giving up his only life for any reason at all.
Perhaps people are often more religious that they care to admit,
seeing as though many who claim religion, are not such at all.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Sure, That's why only western cultures love sex??????
Have you seen other cultures?
Sexuality is a matter of personal preference...

Lived in Africa most of my life actually.
Lived in a Muslim community for a while too.
But the point I was making was that western males are subconsciously submissive to women
as a means to try and win sex. Other cultures dominate for the same ends, yes.
But its a basic pleasure that people of many cultures idol-worship, and bring themselves into slavery with
one way or another. Just saying that if one abstracts oneself above the psychological conditioning
of western culture, then one liberates oneself. As you point out, most people are obsessed with it.
There's just so much more to life that people miss out on due to constantly trying to subconsciously
crawl back up their mother's leg.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Do you think that God is really in favor of one religion? If so, Which one and why?
I believe that God is in favor of Christianity, in favor of those that trust in the blood of His one and only Son who died for our sins to redeem us to eternal life with Him.
If you think that one religion is indeed the "right" one, do you believe that following the wrong religion is a "Sin" or on the lighter case, Not the way to salvation.
Any 'religion' that does not put Jesus Christ in the forefront of their beliefs, I believe will not get you to salvation. Without using a Bible verse as you requested, I will say that I read somewhere that there is no other name given where we can be saved other than Jesus Christ.
I Raise this question because it seems that no matter who i debate, their religion is always seems to be the truth and the valid way to win God's favor.
In Christianity, the Truth will set you free.
So is it better to be a thief that keeps the Sabbath or A decent honest person who sees Sunday as a holy day?
A thief that keeps the Sabbath won't get in Heaven anyway, but a forgiven thief will. Sunday worship is definitely an issue. I believe that God carved those commandments into the stone tablets for a reason, and I was raised in a home that attended church on Sundays. Many and most Christians do and I believe that our Gracious and Forgiving God has His people in many of those Sunday churches and they will all come to the knowledge of the truth eventually. As Christians we strive to be more than decent honest people. I read again in this one book that states that we should be Holy just as our Father in Heaven is Holy.

ronandcarol

Segev Moran

Once they're dead, how can you tell that they did not have a religious epiphany just before they died.
Can't see the point in an atheist giving up his only life for any reason at all.
Serve the the army for a few years...
You'll see how you learn to value the life of your friends and the life of the one's are your so called enemies.
I Could just the same ask how do you know that a person giving his life on the last second felt "Geez.. what the frag have i done" ;)?

Segev Moran

Also, I Assume you don't have kids...
If I can save the life of my kid in the cost of mine, there is no question what so ever.
Its got nothing to do with religion.

Segev Moran

Lived in Africa most of my life actually.
Lived in a Muslim community for a while too.
But the point I was making was that western males are subconsciously submissive to women
I Would love to see the surveys you base this assumption on.
There's just so much more to life that people miss out on due to constantly trying to subconsciously
crawl back up their mother's leg.
I Agree... yet Sexuality is one of the best things we have.. (At least in my POV)
I Don't know what type of sex you experienced (And don't really want to know actually), But Sexuality is something that is only bad when you fight it or abuse it.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Serve the the army for a few years...
You'll see how you learn to value the life of your friends and the life of the one's are your so called enemies.
I Could just the same ask how do you know that a person giving his life on the last second felt "Geez.. what the frag have i done" ;)?

But in the army you get paid.
So you are actually only doing it for yourself.
Try and be a freedom fighter without any known allies,
where you lose financial opportunities and are hated by those you save.

Segev Moran

Depends on their karma.
Why do you think they all have to go to the same place?
Good prawns are likely lobsters in their next life.
A good horse may end up a dog.
A bad person may end up a dog.
Also, Based on what you say, A Horse might be Good or Bad..
Or a Prawn if using your example.
Can you give an example of a Bad horse?

Jedster

I had a friend who claimed that by watching horses race for years he 'knew' each one and how it would perform.
To demonstrate this, he did an acculumalor (to win)over 10 races.
This means that the winnings on the first race pass onto the second race and the second to the third, etc until 10.
So we put two shillings each (10 pence English. 0.47 shekel).
The first 9 horses won their races, the 10th horse was winning when it tripped and came in second.
Had the horse won we would have won about £2000.

Now THAT was a bad horse!!!:horseface: