• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is one religion better than the other.. and if so....

Segev Moran

One example springs to mind, is that when one lives for the eternal re-incarnated life, one starts to see
how those who only live for this life seem preoccupied with defining their lives in material terms.
Whether it be through having many offspring, accumulating wealth, or physical pleasure, or social status.
Excuse me man, but this is a load of Cr@p!
You are dismissing millions of people that dedicate their lives to others without even a small shred of belief in God!
I Met many Atheists that live like "Saints" and many Theist that live like what you said and the other way around!
Religion people don't accumulate wealth? LOL, especially the heads of the religious facilities right?

My greatest earthly pleasure is in advancing understanding of astrophysics, knowing that it is highly unlikely
that I will in this lifetime see humanity take to the stars. And that does not hinder the pursuit of truth.
How does your astrophysics fit with the Big bang concept?
And how does the Big bang Fit with your beliefs?

I know that perhaps a hundred or maybe two hundred years from now my efforts will have an affect,
and I will still enjoy them.
Lol.. I Don't know whats going to happen tomorrow (I Can hope though ;))..
How fun for you that we Know whats going to happen in 200 years :)
Can you throw me a hint about my future?

Segev Moran

Its actually quite a base experience, in comparison to God.
People tell themselves they are enjoying it, especially beyond their 20's.
But its like the soldier conquering others.
Its just their ego saying: 'I conquered you'.
Its no more pleasurable than eating a sandwich actually.
I Really fill sorry for you if that's what you fill when you have sex :(
Don't know about you, But if you present me a Sandwich or a Human sandwich (;)), Its a no brainier for me... Something tells me that for most people BTW...
(And it actually depends how hungry I am lol)

Kelly of the Phoenix

No, Adam was Never offered immortality.
*sigh* Tree. Of. Life.
Genesis 3:
21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
I mean, it's right there.

Beginning with calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, that will be the start of eternal physical life on Earth.
Does eternity just last 1000 years? If Jesus is eternal, why does he refuse to work eternally? Does he just work part time or something?

Since the death of the apostles an apostasy began in the Christian world
I would argue it began during Jesus' ministry. He would call them out on not knowing what he was talking about.

What should look more or most favorable is what Jesus taught in his New commandment to have self-sacrificing love for others as he did
If he did it for God's glory, that makes it about making God look good, not because he loved us.

So, the majority of 'professed Christians' today are so-called Christians in name only
That's where we can agree, though I reckon we'll disagree on who the "so-calleds" are.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Besides those who live for the eternal re-incarnated life, there are those who live for the eternal resurrected life - see 1 Corinthians 15:12-14; 1 Corinthians 15:15-17.
Beginning with calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, that will be the start of eternal physical life on Earth. That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

Except for those of Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6, there will be a resurrection - Romans 6:7,23.
The majority of mankind will have the same opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall. Those who had an interest in astrophysics will still have that same interest.

Those of us who are still alive living on Earth after the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - and have an interest in astrophysics can continue to have that interest to pursue during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth because enemy death will be No more on Earth.
- 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

Perhaps the resurrected and the re-incarnated are actually the same?

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
I Would risk death just the same like you without believing there is anything after my life is over..
What's your point?
If Someone will put a gun to my family's head, I'll give up my life without even thinking about it just the same an ANY other person!
There are religious people that will do, There are Atheist that will do, Just like there are religious people that won't and atheist people that won't.

Unless you go to hell of course ;) (Or whatever notion of hell and misery one believes)

But would you volunteer for a solo suicide mission to save a bunch of degenerate cynical people who would like to see you dead and destroyed for all eternity?
And would you do this when you have the option to pack your bags and go and live a lucrative life elsewhere?

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
(And it actually depends how hungry I am lol)

Precisely my point.
It all depends on how much of a novelty it is.
Like most psychological desire both manifest due to subconscious longing acquired during the lean times.

Western adolescence is constructed by teaching men they are inferior,
thus they constantly need their egos affirmed by the sexuality of women.

They're like dogs that need to be 'patted on the head' or else they are 'bad dogs'.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Excuse me man, but this is a load of Cr@p!
You are dismissing millions of people that dedicate their lives to others without even a small shred of belief in God!
I Met many Atheists that live like "Saints" and many Theist that live like what you said and the other way around!
Religion people don't accumulate wealth? LOL, especially the heads of the religious facilities right?
I agree. All that glitters is not gold.
Many people call themselves atheists whilst living spiritually rich lives,
while many call themselves religious as a means to acquire material goods.
That is why Jesus have us the parable of the Good Samaritan/

How does your astrophysics fit with the Big bang concept?
And how does the Big bang Fit with your beliefs?
The universe had a beginning, and is so perfectly designed it must have had a designer.
So the universe is at least 13 billion years old,
but I have filled the holes in the 'big bang',
and remodeled it as 'THE BIG UNWIND'

See this link for details
http://www.flight-light-and-spin.com/big-unwind.htm

Lol.. I Don't know whats going to happen tomorrow (I Can hope though ;))..
How fun for you that we Know whats going to happen in 200 years :)
Can you throw me a hint about my future?

That which you sow in this life,
you shall reap in the next life.

anonymous9887

bible reader
@Segev Moran

I see you are an atheist.
I understand that as it's the easy way to not believe and explore religion and search for spiritual truth.
There are at least 33,000 denominations of Christians all reading the SAME BOOK.
Go figure.
Every one of those believing that particular denomination has the Bible nailed down just right.
They don't have it nailed down just right.
Most Christians don't study the Bible but sit in church listening to some person tell them what
is in the Bible and what it means.
Personal study, prayer, meditation, is key to spiritual understanding.
Is one religion "better" than another?
Well I hesitate to use the word better but I posit that there are a few that understand the Bible
much better than others.
Having a spiritual leader preach church dogma is like have another person eat your meals
for you. You will spiritually starve and not even know it.
Personal study, prayer, meditation, is key to spiritual understanding.
This is why I am a member of no denomination of anything.
Perhaps one day I'll find a hat that fits.
Sitting in a church does not make one a Christian any more than sitting in a chicken coop
makes one a chicken.
Were you A jehovah's witness? I have been really contemplating on whether or not to become one. Any tips?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hi All,

I Was wondering what you think about the various religions and religion streams in the world.

Do you think that God is really in favor of one religion? If so, Which one and why?..............................

Hi....... :p
Yeah........ mine's the best.... yeah .... definitely!
You didn't want any references to holy books or anything...... that's OK because I haven't got any.
You show that you are an atheist but that's OK as well, because my God doesn't give a damn what you believe, or think, or feel, or say, or even what you do, because my God's Universal Prefect is Mother Nature, and however you try you will have to face her one day, but until then she will give you the joys, delights and favours which you receive and she will charge you with the occasional pains, travails and fears which you suffer. Your intellect cannot allow you to deny her, and your physique cannot beat her.... in fact the only thing you can do is question her gender.

That's what being a Deist can do for Deists...... :p

Segev Moran

But would you volunteer for a solo suicide mission to save a bunch of degenerate cynical people who would like to see you dead and destroyed for all eternity?
And would you do this when you have the option to pack your bags and go and live a lucrative life elsewhere?
Me personally probably not.. But I happen to know quite a few people who were willing to and some actually did it...
Some of them were religious, some of them were not!
It seems like you suggest that all people who ever gave their life to save someone else are theists or religious ???

Segev Moran

Precisely my point.
It all depends on how much of a novelty it is.
Like most psychological desire both manifest due to subconscious longing acquired during the lean times.

Western adolescence is constructed by teaching men they are inferior,
thus they constantly need their egos affirmed by the sexuality of women.

They're like dogs that need to be 'patted on the head' or else they are 'bad dogs'.
Sure, That's why only western cultures love sex??????
Have you seen other cultures?
Sexuality is a matter of personal preference...

Segev Moran

I agree. All that glitters is not gold.
Many people call themselves atheists whilst living spiritually rich lives,
while many call themselves religious as a means to acquire material goods.
That is why Jesus have us the parable of the Good Samaritan/

The universe had a beginning, and is so perfectly designed it must have had a designer.
So the universe is at least 13 billion years old,
but I have filled the holes in the 'big bang',
and remodeled it as 'THE BIG UNWIND'

See this link for details
http://www.flight-light-and-spin.com/big-unwind.htm

That which you sow in this life,
you shall reap in the next life.
What about animals?
Do they have an after life?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
*sigh* Tree. Of. Life.
Genesis 3:
I mean, it's right there.
Does eternity just last 1000 years? If Jesus is eternal, why does he refuse to work eternally? Does he just work part time or something?
I would argue it began during Jesus' ministry. He would call them out on not knowing what he was talking about.
If he did it for God's glory, that makes it about making God look good, not because he loved us.
That's where we can agree, though I reckon we'll disagree on who the "so-calleds" are.

First of all ' immortality ' comes with No restrictions.
Adam had the restriction that he could only live forever if he did Not break God's law.
So, Adam was never offered immortality but offered everlasting life 'if' obedient.

At the end of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth ends, then Jesus hands back God's kingdom rulership to God - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
At that time mankind will have reached the original healthy human perfection that Adam had before his downfall.
So, it is Not that Jesus will stop working, but his job as King of God's kingdom for a thousand years will be completed toward us. New scrolls ( books ) will be opened for us - Revelation 20:12

Jesus' 1st-century followers knew why they were called out - Luke 10

Eternity can be for both the mortal and immortal. We mortals (we being dependant on eating, drinking, breathing ) will be able to live forever on Earth as long as Not breaking God's Law.
The immortal are self contained. They are death proof. No need to eat, breathe, etc.

Yes, Jesus wants God to look good because Satan wants God to look bad.
Jesus has his own glory - Matthew 25:31-33.
If Jesus did Not love us he would Not have died for us - Matthew 20:28
We can't resurrect oneself or another so we need someone who can resurrect us.
Out of love Jesus can and will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18

Muffled

Jesus in me
I Agree that people see things as they are, My problem is when they see things the way they aren't and claiming that this is the way they are...

When you say God's word you refer to the scriptures?

It is a lucky thing indeed.

That kinda confuses me.
So god created everything...
saw it was Good as it decided that it is good..
Then It created humans.. and saw it was Good...
Then It gave the Humans the free will..but this was no good..

The outcome of this No Good decision God made, generated a bad outcome, so god stated over...
Yet again, Free will, messed up everything...
This time God knew it was Bad yet decided to leave it as is and more than that, decided to never "Reset" its creation again (Noah?)
From that time on... even though God knows things are Not good, it doesn't intervene because it decided to go with free will.
God however, although deciding to allow free will with all the consequences, decides to secretly manipulate things to make sure that its first decision to let the free will rule humans doesn't cause the existence of its creation to end...
As God realized its decisions led to a Bad state of humanity, it sends its own son, J, to try and Fix everything in the form of a sacrifice... this sacrifice will redeem humans for following Gods decision to allow free will...
Unfortunately, God didn't think about the fact that J's word will not travel through the entire planet and also asked J to speak in riddles and metaphors so that its creation, the humans, will not have an immediate understanding of God, rather will learn it through suffering, pain, struggle and misery that is caused due to the way God created the universe.

Sounds very reasonable ;)
[/QUOTE]

I believe your reasoning does not sound valid to a logician like me.

I believe He does not say that. Ill will is bad; good will is good.

I believe the premise is false
so the conclusion is false.

I believe Noah is not the last reset.

Kelly of the Phoenix

First of all ' immortality ' comes with No restrictions.
Adam had the restriction that he could only live forever if he did Not break God's law.
So, Adam was never offered immortality but offered everlasting life 'if' obedient.
Forgive me. I'm just too dense. I see a book. The book has a story in it about a tree that confers immortality. God even says as much. You say this was always the plan and the tree is rather irrelevant because death came from sin, which ignores motivation being key to "sinning" and that THERE IS A MAGIC TREE THAT CONFERS EVERLASTING LIFE IN THE STORY. Ahem.
At the end of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth ends, then Jesus hands back God's kingdom rulership to God - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
But ... Trinitarians feel They are the same? Is this like when you get mad at brand names and go to a generic, only to discover the brand name actually manufactures the generic too?

So, it is Not that Jesus will stop working, but his job as King of God's kingdom for a thousand years will be completed toward us. New scrolls ( books ) will be opened for us - Revelation 20:12
I just have a hard time believing that Paradise will be "all that and a bag of chips" because we already saw how TWO "paradises" worked out: Heaven had a full on rebellion where a full third of the staff got fired and the Garden of Eden couldn't hold onto ITS staff for, like, two minutes.

Segev Moran

I believe the premise is false
so the conclusion is false.

I believe Noah is not the last reset.[/QUOTE]
That wasn't my reasoning..
That me presenting something so unreasonable that I find it very weird that people actually find it reasonable.

Segev Moran

Can you present me the login in a God?
So the bible doesn't present God's words?
I believe the premise is false so the conclusion is false.

I believe Noah is not the last reset.
So God didn't promise to not destruct humanity and the earth again? Oh.. He meant that maybe only by water.. ;)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Can you present me the login in a God?
So the bible doesn't present God's words?
So God didn't promise to not destruct humanity and the earth again? Oh.. He meant that maybe only by water.. ;)

In Genesis 9:11-17 there is what has been termed as the ' Rainbow Covenant ' or contract.
God will Not destroy again by water. The rainbow is a token of God's promise for us.
It will be destruction for the wicked by the ' words ' from Jesus' mouth - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation19:14-16
The figurative humble ' sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 - will survive the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14. They can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth, right into the start of Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.
God formed Earth to always be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18. God gifted Earth to mankind - Psalms 115:16
The humble meek will inherit the Earth once the wicked are destroyed - Psalms 92:7

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Forgive me. I'm just too dense. I see a book. The book has a story in it about a tree that confers immortality. God even says as much. You say this was always the plan and the tree is rather irrelevant because death came from sin, which ignores motivation being key to "sinning" and that THERE IS A MAGIC TREE THAT CONFERS EVERLASTING LIFE IN THE STORY. Ahem.
But ... Trinitarians feel They are the same? Is this like when you get mad at brand names and go to a generic, only to discover the brand name actually manufactures the generic too?
I just have a hard time believing that Paradise will be "all that and a bag of chips" because we already saw how TWO "paradises" worked out: Heaven had a full on rebellion where a full third of the staff got fired and the Garden of Eden couldn't hold onto ITS staff for, like, two minutes.

Where does the story say immortality ?
Adam was never offered immortality ( <-be death proof ), but offered ' everlasting life ' on Earth.
If Adam was immortal then Adam would still be alive on Earth today. Adam was Not death proof.
Adam forfeited everlasting life ( live forever ) on Earth by breaking God's Law.

Please notice at Revelation 22:2 that mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life '
It is for the healing of earth's nations. So, mankind will once again have the opportunity to live forever on Earth ( everlasting life on Earth ) as originally offered to Adam ' before ' his downfall.
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing ( perfect health ) and to gain everlasting life on a paradisical Earth forever starting with the figurative humble 'sheep'-like people of Matthew 25:31-33,37 at the soon coming ' time of separation' on Earth. The wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7