• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is no religion better than religion?

Should we abandon religion?

• I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. The Second Vatican Council is also correctly known as the Council of Apostasy because it was a false council that ushered in a new religion (the Vatican II Sect) which purports to be the Catholic Church, but is not. The Vatican II Sect and its antipopes is the prophesied end-times Counter Church. This is well documented as the facts prove beyond all doubt in the following video.

The Catholic Church is the one true Church founded by Jesus Christ upon St. Peter (Mt. 16:18-20; Jn. 21:15-17). This is proven by history, Scripture and tradition.

This is very interesting to hear. I am not a Catholic and have never been a Catholic. I wasn't aware of the extent of the division within the Catholic Church. What you say makes sense in regards Vatican II in that its a major change in direction for the Catholic Church. There is clearly no church that represents 'true' Christianity anymore.

What is your understanding of prophecies concerning the return of Christ?

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yet the JWs remove doctrines that the other mainstream churches would consider essential to that package. Doctrines such as the Divinity of Christ, the Trinity, the existence of an immortal soul, life after death and even hell itself. These doctrines have been there from early on in Christianity's history. So if the are correct, Christianity has been corrupted from early on in their history. So every denomination of Christianity has a package of essential doctrines they consider the be the truth, allegedly based on the bible.

And none of those doctrines were taken from the Bible. Scripture does not support a trinity because Jesus never once claimed to be God. There is no "God the Son" either.....there is a "son of God" however. There is no trinity in Judaism and no trinity in Islam.....why would Christianity adopt a doctrine that no other Abrahamic faith accepts?

There is no immortal soul either...that one was adopted from Greek Platonism. But even Judaism took that one on....and it appears that Islam did too. Going back to Genesis, God said nothing about an afterlife to Adam. He was simply told that he would go back to where he was before...back to the dust of the earth from which he was made.

Once we are here, it is very difficult to imagine us not being here....but where were any of us before our parents conceived us? We simply didn't exist. Why is it so hard to imagine going back to the same place?

God has promised that Jesus will be the one to resurrect the dead. He will call them from their graves because all of humanity still sleeps there. (John 5:28-29) He told his disciples that his friend Lazarus was "sleeping" when in fact he had died. ( John 11:11-14)

If there is no immortal soul, then there is no reason to invent places for them to go. Hell in the Bible is no more scary than the common grave. Immortality of the soul renders the teaching of the resurrection as redundant. Resurrection is a return to life not calling an invisible person back to a body.

A "soul" in the Bible is a living breathing creature....it never means a disembodied spirit. It is completely mortal. (Ezekiel 18:4)

But then one sect's essential truths and doctrines differ from all the other sects. So no Church has the true teachings anymore. Every church has some truth but also false doctrines. The biggest lie in Christianity is for one group to claim the truth and all the others are wrong. Christians denominations fight and condemn each other. A faith that once taught love is bitterly divided. Ironically the ones that cause the most division are the ones most insistent that they are right and everyone else is wrong

"The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Whoever does not practice righteousness does not originate with God, nor does the one who does not love his brother." (1 John 3:10)

Any Christian who would take up a weapon and kill his brother of another nation because his government told him to is proving that he does not love his brother....and is hence, a child of the devil.

How many "Christians" serve in the military, training to kill human beings?....and think that a chaplain present among them makes them think that what they are doing is OK with God? If Jesus told us to 'love our enemies' and we take up a weapon to do them harm....what does he think of us? Is that about doctrine....? Or is that about justifying something that is a direct violation of what Jesus taught?

As false doctrines have been part of Christianity from the early days so too has the oppression of women, the practice of slavery and the exploitation of the vulnerable.

Cultural norms of the day cannot be compared to our time. Like I said, exploitation is still taking place in the world....who is going to fix that?

The doctrine of the a literal existence of Satan is just one more false doctrine IMHO. Its human nature to blame others or an imaginary being for their failings. If we understand basic psychology and the roots of human nature we can easily explain these negative human traits. We don't need Satan to make sense of it. What we do need is genuine spirituality that brings out the best in people. The stars of heaven that Christ spoke of have truly fallen. The sun of God's spiritual guidance has truly been dimmed.

It stands to reason that there has to be a logical explanation for why the human race is living a life that is almost devoid of real or lasting happiness a great deal of the time. In recent years it seems that the problems we are all experiencing are Job-like in their frequency and intensity. It seems as if we never get a break without some other disaster happening to those we love or people we know....one thing after another! The troubles of life, keeping a marriage together....earning a living....job security....paying the bills.....health issues.....addictions.....parenting issues....just keep adding to the list. We all know that this is NOT the life we were meant to live.

We have the freedom to vote for who we want in power and to have our voice heard. The media has freedom to investigate the corruption.

I'm sad that you believe that. You really think that your voice is heard? You really believe that the media serves the interests of truth? Wow....I didn't think anyone still believed that anymore.

The end to the era of Judaism with its associated temple and holy city Jerusalem effectively ended with the start of Christ's ministry. It was simply a formality that Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed in 70AD as Jesus spoke. The Christian era as known since the Christ's first proclamation effectively ended in the nineteenth century when the last nations had the gospel preached to them. The complete disarray of its vital institutions and the bewilderment and division of its followers testifies for all to see.

You obviously see things very differently to me. The end of the Jewish system was pictorial of the end of the present system of things because Jesus linked them. (Matthew 24:3)

There was another end of a failed system in Noah's day that Jesus mentioned....he said his return would be "like the days of Noah". (Matthew 24:37-39)

I wonder if you need to learn some history. It was largely the Catholic church the spread the gospel of Christ throughout the world along with some Protestant Churches contributing later on.

I believe that Christendom's church leaders mirrored the religious leaders of Judaism in Jesus' day.

He said of them...."Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the Kingdom of the heavens before men; for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in.
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, you make him a subject for Ge·henʹna twice as much so as yourselves."
(Matthew 23:13-15)

If the message they took to the world was cultivating "weeds" instead of "wheat", then I'm afraid that they sowed the wrong seeds and did not benefit the cause of Christianity at all. They just spread the devil's lies. Sorry, I give them no credit.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe that Christendom's church leaders mirrored the religious leaders of Judaism in Jesus' day.

He said of them...."Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the Kingdom of the heavens before men; for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in.
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, you make him a subject for Ge·henʹna twice as much so as yourselves."
(Matthew 23:13-15)

If the message they took to the world was cultivating "weeds" instead of "wheat", then I'm afraid that they sowed the wrong seeds and did not benefit the cause of Christianity at all. They just spread the devil's lies. Sorry, I give them no credit.

This is extremely judgemental and condemning of your Christian brothers and sisters. Not at all like the love Jesus asked us to have for each other.

The apostle Peter was a church leader. Was he like the Pharisees? How about Paul or the other apostles? So when did Christian leaders become corrupt? Isn't your church corrupt and spreading weeds and the devil's lies if we applied the standards of Catholicism or evangelical Christians to the JWs?

What is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

A Catholic Critique of Jehovah's Witnesses

Its just the same bitterness and hate that one Christian has for another, and the same "I'm right, your wrong" position taken.

You say the JWs are right, @Anna Therese says the Catholics are right, and I'm sure we have a few evangelical Christians saying the same thing too.

Yet if it hadn't been for those same Catholics and Protestants you condemn, Christianity wouldn't have spread to the USA where the JWs was founded. Christianity wouldn't have been introduced in either of our countries. So lets love one another and see the good rather than the bad. (Matthew 7:1-4). An eye for an eye simply makes the whole world blind.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This is extremely judgemental and condemning of your Christian brothers and sisters. Not at all like the love Jesus asked us to have for each other.

I do not consider them to be my "Christian brothers and sisters" any more than Christ considered the Pharisees to be his spiritual brethren. Christendom does not even worship the same God. I see them the same way Jesus saw the "lost sheep" in his day. They needed rescuing.

Jesus came to release those "lost sheep" from the grip of the Jewish religious system, which by then was so far off the rails that God did not consider them redeemable. He sent Jesus to teach the ones that the religious Leaders treated like dirt. (am ha-arets)

The good news of the Kingdom is preached to all because even some of the priests in Jesus day saw the light. God can move hearts but he won't change them.

The apostle Peter was a church leader. Was he like the Pharisees? How about Paul or the other apostles? So when did Christian leaders become corrupt? Isn't your church corrupt and spreading weeds and the devil's lies if we applied the standards of Catholicism or evangelical Christians to the JWs?

Is it a surprise that the leaders of Christendom condemn us as heretics? We disagree with everything they teach and they don't like it because they cannot defend their beliefs scripturally. We challenge their beliefs at their very foundations.

Didn't the religious leaders do the same to Jesus...why do you think he said....“Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake. 12 Rejoice and be overjoyed, since your reward is great in the heavens, for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to you." (Matthew 5:11)

We really don't care what others think or say about us...none of it is true anyway.

You think Jesus was concerned about the lies the Pharisees were telling about him?

There is something the apostle Paul wrote that I find rather interesting.....he said...."If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through." (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

Why is that scripture important? Because it means that we don't have to convert the world. All we have to do is present the message....those who are "blinded" by satan will never see the light of Christ's message no matter how much we present the truth to them. We don't have to hate people or prove that we are right, because the "goats" will just "but" anyway. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

Its just the same bitterness and hate that one Christian has for another, and the same "I'm right, your wrong" position taken.

You really think that's what motivates us? You think that is what motivated the early Christians to separate from the Jewish system? Why did the early Christians preach to their fellow Jews? Why do you think the Jews were ticked off? Jews were telling other Jews that their leaders were misleading them....that went down like a lead balloon!.....just like our message.

You say the JWs are right, @Anna Therese says the Catholics are right, and I'm sure we have a few evangelical Christians saying the same thing too.

We all have our choices to make. Since we believe that there are only "sheep" and "goats" in the world when Jesus renders his judgment, we alone have placed ourselves in either one camp or the other. God didn't put us there....we did. So who can complain to God that they were in the wrong camp?...on the wrong road....a weed instead of wheat? (Matthew 7:21-23)

Yet if it hadn't been for those same Catholics and Protestants you condemn, Christianity wouldn't have spread to the USA where the JWs was founded. Christianity wouldn't have been introduced in either of our countries. So lets love one another and see the good rather than the bad. (Matthew 7:1-4). An eye for an eye simply makes the whole world blind.

God just let the weeds grow and they did what weeds always do.....they took over the 'garden'....If it was all supposed to be one big happy spiritual family with each one approving and commending the others who followed a different faith, what would that mean? It would mean that God chose Israel as his exclusive nation for nothing.....it would mean that Jesus chose his disciples out of a corrupt religious system for no good reason. He could have just let them all mingle together as one big happy family......but he didn't. He said he came to "cause division" not just from one religious belief to another but division even as far as one family member to another.....and he did so for a good reason....separation is necessary. (Matthew 25:31-33)

Loving one another, doesn't mean letting people walk merrily down the road to their death.

To illustrate...what if I was a good Christian living high on a ridge and a savage storm had just washed the bridge out around a blind corner from my house?
Would I just sit on my porch, reading my Bible and watching the cars go by and smiling because I love them so much.....or would I be down on the road waving my arms about like a mad thing trying to warn them that they were headed for disaster...? If they didn't believe me and they plunged into the ravine, there is nothing I can do to stop them......their blood is on their own head....but I have done my job. (Ezekiel 3:17-21) I have at least tried my best.

I love people enough to teach them what Jesus taught.....I might step on their toes or even hurt their feelings, but if I was going to rescue you from a runaway truck, the last thing I would think about is if I might hurt your feelings.....I would break your limbs to save your life.

You have us all wrong.....:(

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Every denomination of Christianity has a package of essential doctrines they consider to be the truth, allegedly based on the bible. But one sect's essential truths and doctrines differ from all the other sects. So no Church has the true teachings anymore. Every church has some truth but also false doctrines. The biggest lie in Christianity is for one group to claim the complete truth and all the others are wrong. Christians denominations fight and condemn each other. A faith that once taught love is bitterly divided. Ironically the ones that cause the most division are the ones most insistent they are right and everyone else is wrong.
Every religion has a package of doctrines they consider to be the truth, allegedly based on their scriptures. But one religion's religious truths and doctrines differ from all the other religions. So no religion has the true teachings. Every religion has some truth but also false doctrines. The biggest lie in religions is for one religion to claim the complete truth and all the others are wrong. Religious folk fight and condemn each other. A faith that once taught love is bitterly divided. Ironically the ones that cause the most division are the ones most insistent they are right and everyone else is wrong.

So Christians are just one example of the religious way of thinking. Religious truths and doctrines are irrelevant, it is social and spiritual practices that really matter in life.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Every religion has a package of doctrines they consider to be the truth, allegedly based on their scriptures. But one religion's religious truths and doctrines differ from all the other religions. So no religion has the true teachings. Every religion has some truth but also false doctrines. The biggest lie in religions is for one religion to claim the complete truth and all the others are wrong. Religious folk fight and condemn each other. A faith that once taught love is bitterly divided. Ironically the ones that cause the most division are the ones most insistent they are right and everyone else is wrong.

So Christians are just one example of the religious way of thinking. Religious truths and doctrines are irrelevant, it is social and spiritual practices that really matter in life.

Its better by far to have good social and spiritual practices, than a set of "I'm right and your wrong" religious doctrines. That is the whole point of this thread.

Bob the Unbeliever

True, but we prefer the word trust. As in we trust in what God has shown us..

This is old hat, but how do you know this is God, and not some random dude who was good at writing?
So it's not just random personal belief..

Actually? It kinda is-- since you cannot show your "holy" book is somehow superior to someone else's "holy" book.... !
Like I could believe in unicorns as my personal saviors. That one day a unicorn will come and take me flying into the sky to live in candy land forever..

Indeed. And? The believe in Unicorns has 100% the same level of believability and evidence as anything else ...!

Which is to say: None at all.
But when you factor in the working of God..

Which god, and who says it's "the working of god" -- all I see are people.
That is God showing people things personally; then "faith" makes sense because it's not blind but it is "trust" instead.

Personal anecdotes do not Evidence Make.

This is why in Science and Scientific Experiments? Great pains have to be made, to eliminate all personal experiences.

Indeed: When subjected to scientific rigor? ALL-- repeat ALL examples of "God showing people things personally" end up not being accurate at all.

So either god is deliberately and with malice, concealing these
"showing things", or else? They are not from a Unified God in the first place.

Is the god you believe in deliberately obfuscating things? Why?

Faith is not a virtue-- because with faith-- even you admit, you can believe in Invisible Unicorns.

So WHY deliberately conceal ALL factual proofs of god existing?

Notebook: Free Will has Zip-All to do with it-- the angels in heaven clearly have Free Will (as described-- if they didn't, they could never have fallen).

And they do NOT have faith-- they have DIRECT PROOF. So free will is a NULL argument.

Bob the Unbeliever

Yes. As you keep saying that. The only thing is, about that, is that all of this science talk on these forums has rubbed off on me, so I'm eager to see your published work to that effect. It must be monumental, all that evidence and peer review, and recreation, investigation etc..

You got that bass-ackwards as is your habit. Disingenuous of you, I know, but what can one do with Willful Ignorance?

IF any religion HAD PROOF? THEY WOULD BRING IT FORTH IN PUBLIC.

With MUCH fan-fair and what-not.

The FACT THIS NEVER-EVER-EVER HAPPENS? Well... there you go.

My statement STANDS: For 100% lack of ANY such proof.

This is very interesting to hear. I am not a Catholic and have never been a Catholic. I wasn't aware of the extent of the division within the Catholic Church. What you say makes sense in regards Vatican II in that its a major change in direction for the Catholic Church. There is clearly no church that represents 'true' Christianity anymore.

Matthew 16:18-19- “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

In the book of Matthew, Chapter 28: 20, Our Lord said: "...behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world." God, the Creator of the world, revealed His Will and His plan for mankind through His Church and promised to always be the Church, adding that the Gates of Hell would never prevail against it. So, by those words of Jesus Christ, we know that the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church can never be divided, can never cease to exist (although, in these last days reduced to a faithful remnant), and can never teach error.

The Vatican II sect is a new religion that is completely opposed to the Catholic faith. Catholic dogma (truths revealed from Heaven) can never change, yet the Vatican II sect in attempting to change the dogmas of the Church, actually separated itself from the Church, since it is Catholic dogma that anyone who teaches or embraces heresy, apostasy, or schism is ipso facto automatically excommunicated.

People need to realize what really happened to the Catholic Church after Vatican II. It's important to point out that what has happened is the fulfillment of Biblical and Catholic prophecy as the following quotes from www.vaticancatholic.com show.

The Great Apostasy and a counterfeit Church predicted in Catholic prophecy

The New Testament and Catholic prophecy paint a picture of the last days as a massive spiritual deception aimed to deceive those who intend to practice the true faith (the Catholic Faith), and which leaves the Earth with almost no one maintaining the true faith.

Our Lady of La Salette, Sept. 19, 1846: “Rome will lose the Faith and become the seat of the Anti-Christ… the Church will be in eclipse.”

Luke 18:8- “But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on Earth?”

https://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/section1.pdf

In the Gospel, Our Lord Jesus Christ not only informs us that in the last days the true faith would hardly be found on the Earth, but that “in the holy place” itself there will be “the abomination of desolation” (Mt. 24:15), and a deception so profound that, if it were possible, even the elect would be deceived (Mt. 24:24). St. Paul says that the man of sin will sit “in the temple of God” (2 Thess. 2:4). The Apocalypse describes in detail the Whore of Babylon, a false bride (i.e. a Counter Church) which arises in the last days in the city of seven hills (Rome) and which spreads spiritual fornication all over the Earth. The fact that the last days are characterized by a spiritual deception intending to ensnare Catholics proves, rather than disproves, the authenticity of the Catholic Church.

Apocalypse
(This article gives the stunning evidence that the Vatican II sect, a counterfeit Church which opposes the true Catholic Church in the last days, is the Whore of Babylon prophesied in Apocalypse chapters 17 and 18)

Earthling

David Henson
You got that bass-ackwards as is your habit. Disingenuous of you, I know, but what can one do with Willful Ignorance?

IF any religion HAD PROOF? THEY WOULD BRING IT FORTH IN PUBLIC.

With MUCH fan-fair and what-not.

The FACT THIS NEVER-EVER-EVER HAPPENS? Well... there you go.

My statement STANDS: For 100% lack of ANY such proof.

No, we were talking about you and your unsubstantiated claim.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

She's talking about sedevacantism, which is a radical form of traditional Catholicism. It's sort of the Catholic equivalent of hellfire and brimstone Protestant fundamentalism. There's not very many of them and they don't even all agree with each other.

Sedevacantism - Wikipedia

Earthling

David Henson
Nope. YOURS is the claim, bub--- YOU are the one who claims there IS some actual, real-world FACT that supports a god.

Show us this ... ahem... "fact".

Until then? My statement remains accurate: zero facts in support of god-claims.

It's kind of like that expression, if you see only with your eyes you miss a great deal. So, in a way, I see it in your words. How long were you a believer?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

What do you think evidence actually is? But a fact...

Do you need to go back to dictionary.com?

See above: Evidence IS FACT. I'm so sorry, but your lack of education in science does not mean science is wrong.

It's obvious you have never, even a little, studied actual evolutionary theory, or the FACTS of evolution.

I do. It's sad that you don't have a clue what I am talking about....

Nonsense. I bet you think vaccinations are "poison" too?

And that Homeopathy (otherwise known as purified water) is real too?

Yeah. So?

LMAO! A mix of pseudo-science, nonsense and a wee bit of factoid to wash it all down.... !

Cholorine is so NOT a gradual poison-- it will kill you QUICK? Or it has zero measurable effect. There is no in-between with this stuff. Again, you demonstrate near total ignorance of ... reality.

LMAO! You are talking about POLITICIANS who are drunk with power....

Religion is the root-cause of war, homophobia, hate of anyone "different", racial genocide, etc.

Religion poisons everything.

What word? More lies from you?

I have no religion, not how YOU mean the word.

Sorry.

LMAO! Oh. My. that is the funniest sh-0-- I've seen all day long! And I've been on protЯump sites!

That's what your religion says-- *poof* there's the earth. *poof* there's all the plants. *poof* there's the SUN a day or so later...

*poof*
*poof*
*poof*
*poof*

That's your bible's claim. That is MAGIC *poofing*.

Science never makes such a claim; science does not support MAGIC POOFING.

That's religion.
Isn't the Big Bang a "poof"? But then there's a lot of little poofs to get things to evolve into higher more complex things. So isn't that still poofing?

Bob the Unbeliever

Can't answer an honest question, can you?

If you *HAD* asked one, I can. Your comment was 100% out of context, and therefore? Utterly without meaning. Your silly rants are not the only thing I'm doing here.

But it seems in your ego, you think it is. LOL! Classic Goddite: Giant Ego, in that the whole world revolves around you and what you say or do... literally.

Bob the Unbeliever

Isn't the Big Bang a "poof"? .

No. Not even a little bit of magic is involved. You show the world you have no clue what the Big Bang Theory actually says. Which is sad, considering the Internet and that all the major Universities have a web presence, and you could LEARN what the theory states, instead of ... what you said above...

Kinda sad, actually....
But then there's a lot of little poofs to get things to evolve into higher more complex things. So isn't that still poofing?

Again? You are Wrong. You are so Wrong it's sad to watch.

Magic is for Theists. Science doesn't need magic-- because we have ... FACTS.

Like this:
1) 15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
2) Lines of evidence: The science of evolution
3) http://io9.gizmodo.com/8-scientific-discoveries-that-prove-evolution-is-real-1729902558
4) Human Evolution Evidence
5) http://www.astrobio.net/origin-and-evolution-of-life/multicellular-life-evolve/
6) http://www.talkorigins.org/
7) http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/
8) http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reasons-why-evolution-is-true/
9) http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
10) http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/…/topicbrowse2.php…
11) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent
12) http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0308_060308_evolution.html
13) http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/home.php
14) http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01