• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is New Year sign of Crusader's Imperialism?

Servant_of_the_One1

So many different people with their own calenders celebrate the new year.

Does this proof that the crusaders fully conquered the world thus the submitted nations celebrate the calender of those ruling them?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Who's forcing you or anyone to celebrate the 1 January new year? I live in England and I don't. In fact, I've always found it remarkably stupid to start the new year in the middle of Winter. I find the old idea of starting it in Spring/March way more sensible. New life, new start and such. This was observed in England until about the Early Modern Period.

Does this proof that the crusaders fully conquered the world thus the submitted nations celebrate the calender of those ruling them?

We could have been using the Islamic calendar, but unfortunately you guys stopped being good at Imperialism several centuries ago.

It's good that you don't seem bitter about that at all. A lesser person might still be mentally stuck in the 13th C.

Happy New Year :):confettiball::partypooper::partypooper::confettiball:

Servant_of_the_One1

We could have been using the Islamic calendar, but unfortunately you guys stopped being good at Imperialism several centuries ago.

It's good that you don't seem bitter about that at all. A lesser person might still be mentally stuck in the 14th C.

Happy New Year :):confettiball::partypooper::partypooper::confettiball:

Its good that u admit it.

I knew it was part of crusader's imperialism.

I knew it was part of crusader's imperialism.

I believe it can be traced back to Bohemond of Antioch who had a dream of waking up on the 1st of January and watching CNN showing a 5 minute montage of fireworks displays from all over the world as the clock struck 12.

Pope Urban II was the first one to think of marking the event with street parties too.

Last edited:

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often

What part of the world do you live in? (e.g. Middle east? United States? Europe?)

GoodbyeDave

The OP is clearly a well balanced Muslim: he has a chip on each shoulder!

Living in England, I've never made a big deal of the New Year: it feels too Scottish: drunken Glaswegians singing Old Lang Syne! Is that because we've never been on the receiving end of a Crusade? — only jihads.

Parchment

No, it's just another year:
tumblr_ny9h5gKEot1tkk9g8o1_500.jpg

And Vlad (Putin) wants to put a stop to this thus making him the Devil incarnate! Knight Templar indeed....