• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is neopaganism at odd with science?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a trained naturalist working in education, and I'm a very environment-centered practicing pagan.

Hey! We should make a club! :D

"Naturalist" probably isn't the right designator, technically, but basically got a graduate degree in sciences pertaining to knowing the land and its denizens. Religion was a big reason I pursued that advanced science degree and the career track I did... though the track didn't go quite where I expected. Working with and around other folks in conservation, I find most of them are Pagan in spirit. They know and appreciate the Weave and all. When your gods are land, sea, and sky... well... using the sciences (among other things of course) to know your gods just makes sense.

Theweirdtophat

Science is, as i understand it, a study of the physical word. Now, neopaganism is a broad and vague term, which does not suggest any obvious structure - there are many new pagan religions. But if a religion sees the universe as a divine creation, then is science not a study of the divine? Just food for thought

If science studies the physical world and religion is about understanding the spiritual world, than getting a grasp of both gives you a better understanding of the universe.