• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is my dog weird?

Yerda

Veteran Member
He seems to like eating a lot of veggies. My partner and I eat salads most days with our meals and as time has gone on he seems to be more interested in trying the food we eat.

He loves carrots, cucumber, red pepper (that's the not spicy variety - I think you call them bell peppers), tomatoes, sweet potato, sweetcorn. We've started chopping these kind of things up for "treats" because we need to be careful with his weight. Getting close to the point where my dog could sit down to a salad.

I've known dogs to eat a bit of carrot sometimes but generally they seem to reject veggies. Any one else have experience with dogs that like veg?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
All dogs are weird in different ways; my dog is reliably awkward.
I've known dogs to eat a bit of carrot sometimes but generally they seem to reject veggies. Any one else have experience with dogs that like veg?
My dog likes apples, nectarines, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, raspberries, chips, & lots of cooked veg, etc... Doesn't like mushrooms, lettuce, etc.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
He seems to like eating a lot of veggies. My partner and I eat salads most days with our meals and as time has gone on he seems to be more interested in trying the food we eat.

He loves carrots, cucumber, red pepper (that's the not spicy variety - I think you call them bell peppers), tomatoes, sweet potato, sweetcorn. We've started chopping these kind of things up for "treats" because we need to be careful with his weight. Getting close to the point where my dog could sit down to a salad.

Well they're omnivores (not obligate carnivores) but be careful with some "human" foods that are poisonous to dogs - onions, sultanas, currants, grapes...

Gargovic Malkav

My parent's dogs would only eat veggies when the other dog was around.
The idea that food meant for themselves might be eaten by the other one was anathema to them, even if they hated eating it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
He loves carrots, cucumber, red pepper (that's the not spicy variety - I think you call them bell peppers), tomatoes, sweet potato, sweetcorn.

Yes, ours likes those.

My dog likes apples, nectarines, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, raspberries, chips, & lots of cooked veg, etc..

Yes, ours likes those as well. Her half-sister, same mother different litters, is a LOT more picky when it comes to fruit and veg.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
My boy likes mangos the most. He also will eat blackberries, corn. But as far as human foods go, he is a sucker for fish, and shrimp. He loves "fishy" things.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

I don't know about dogs but cats like veggies so long as it's with meat. Left over carrots, broccoli, spinach etc, I'll often mix half and half with their tinned meat.

In the last few years some manufacturers have caught on to this, i think more as an added vitamin thing and cheaper manufacturing cost. They all really love beef and carrots and trout with spinach.

We used to have a border collie who was around 90% vegetarian. She always picked out the veg and left the meet.

Edit And she buried yellow dog biscuits. Not sure if she didn't like yellow or was trying to grow a yellow biscuit tree

pearl

What breed is he? My daughter had a Wheaten Terrier, loved carrots, that was a snack for him, sliced and one at a time like cookies. My dog I think is Italian, loves anything mixed with tomato sauce but not fresh tomatoes.

Yerda

Veteran Member
My boy likes mangos the most. He also will eat blackberries, corn. But as far as human foods go, he is a sucker for fish, and shrimp. He loves "fishy" things.
Our boy loves fish.

What breed is he? My daughter had a Wheaten Terrier, loved carrots, that was a snack for him, sliced and one at a time like cookies. My dog I think is Italian, loves anything mixed with tomato sauce but not fresh tomatoes.
He's a Westie.

I just googled Wheaton Terrier and oh man. :sparklingheart:

pearl

upload_2022-9-17_13-3-17.jpeg

The smaller dog is the Wheaton, the other is our golden/collie mix. They were best buddies.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Naked pills are of course rejected unless they are flavored or buried in a goodie at least in our house.

We have a cat on antibiotics at the moment, the tabs have to be crushed and mixed with her food