• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is multiculturalism a failed experiment?

Choose one of the following

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I have an irrational fear of the likes of Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. I just don't want to live in their world of hate and xenophobia and trying to take this country back to the 1930s (or in JRM's case the 1730s).

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I do not mind if they do not think like I do provided their stated intention is not to force me to think like they do.
Right. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, you never answered my question: how long?

Exactly how long do you think multiculturalism needs before your “not an irrational fear or phobia” of people “forcing you to think like they do” will come to pass?

... Because we’re pushing 60 years of official multiculturalism in Canada and your Orwellian nightmare hasn’t happened here yet.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have an irrational fear of the likes of Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. I just don't want to live in their world of hate and xenophobia and trying to take this country back to the 1930s (or in JRM's case the 1730s).
With all due respect ...I really don't understand this attitude of victimism.
Given that, by winning WW2, Britain and the other powers have rewritten history (history is always rewritten by winners) and by doing so, the Brits called our ethno-nationalism "evil" in the history books.
Whereas that ideology is still considered sane and just by many people here.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
With all due respect ...I really don't understand this attitude of victimism.
Given that, by winning WW2, Britain and the other powers could rewrite history (history is always rewritten by winners) and by doing so, the Brits called our ethno-nationalism "evil" in the history books.
Whereas that ideology is still considered sane and just by many people here.
By “ethnic-nationalism,” I take it you mean “racist xenophobia.” Yes, that’s still a thing, unfortunately.

Multiculturalism is a great way to combat it, though: it’s much harder to maintain racist or xenophobic attitudes when you can put a human face on the groups you’re prejudiced against: Muslims are going to trample our rights? Muslims like Tarik and Miriam from where I volunteer? Or my neighbour Abdullah who helped me boost my car the time I left my headlights on? Are you nuts?”

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
By “ethnic-nationalism,” I take it you mean “racist xenophobia.” Yes, that’s still a thing, unfortunately.
It has become a hot topic, lately, since Hungary has changed its constitution, by stating that the ethnic composition of the Hungarian people cannot be altered.
And the EU reacted negatively.