• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is multiculturalism a failed experiment?

Choose one of the following

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
@Notanumber - I'll go a step further:

How exactly have you avoided not knowing any Muslims?

I mean, I can't help but interact with Muslims on a regular basis: they're in the groups I volunteer with, there are Muslims in (and teaching) the night school classes I've taken, I interact with Muslims at work all the time... and on and on.

How did you manage to be so cut off from British society that you don't know any Muslims?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You do not need to know Muslims to know Islam.
So, no?

Don't you think it would help to know a Muslim or two, before deciding what it is you think they want?
I know and work with many people who identify as Muslim. None of them have ever expressed the kinds of things you're asserting about them here.

Notanumber

A Free Man
That's your claim.

Not just my claim -

HOW ISLAM WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD (Quran 9:33, 8:39 & 61:9)

Islam And The Goal Of World Domination

In order to understand Islam properly, one must understand the way that Islam understands itself. Islam views itself as the only true religion - indeed the only religion worthy to be practiced. As such Islam has as one of its goals, total world domination. Islam’s driving goal is to literally eradicate what it sees as the false and misplaced worship of all other religions. Until the day that everyone says, “none has the right to be worshipped other than Allah,” Islam will continue its fight against unbelievers and unbelieving nations. We have already thoroughly examined Islam’s vision of global domination through its eschatology, but the concept is not just a future idea that Muslims are waiting idly by for the Mahdi and the Islamic Jesus to accomplish for them. The texts and scholars of Islam teach that global domination is to be striven for by all Muslims at all times. The striving for Islam’s furtherance and its eventual total world domination is called jihad. Indeed jihad (striving) is a basic requirement of all Muslims everywhere. It is an absolutely obligatory component of Islam.

Now, Muslim apologists and propagandists will be quick to argue here, that jihad is not about fighting for world domination. Some will make such misleading remarks as “jihad is merely about overcoming adversity.” Or they will point out that the “greater jihad” is a struggle against one’s self. While this inner struggle is a legitimate aspect of jihad, do not be deceived: The jihad that is obligatory for all Muslims to fight against one’s inner weaknesses in no way lessens the centrality of the demand of Islam upon all Muslims to wage jihad against the unbelieving world until Islam is supreme. This may include other forms of warfare such as in the intellectual or the political arenas, but wherever a Muslim engages in this fight, it is viewed as just that, a fight for the eventual global domination and universal supremacy of Islam.

Chapter Fifteen

Notanumber

A Free Man
So, no?

Don't you think it would help to know a Muslim or two, before deciding what it is you think they want?
I know and work with many people who identify as Muslim. None of them have ever expressed the kinds of things you're asserting about them here.

Why not invite your Muslim friends to watch this video and gauge their reaction.

Shad

Veteran Member
Yeah, you do.

No you do not. Hence why there are whole courses on religions in universities. Do you need to know any antiquity era polytheistic Greeks to know about their dead religion? Nope as they are all dead yet there are whole courses on the religion.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No you do not. Hence why there are whole courses on religions in universities. Do you need to know any antiquity era polytheistic Greeks to know about their dead religion? Nope as they are all dead yet there are whole courses on the religion.
Except that @Notanumber was making claims about what the people who make up Islam today - i.e. living Muslims - are planning to do.

In that situation, the beliefs and opinions of the people themselves are what matter... certainly not a bigoted, slanted reinterpretation of the Qur'an or even the actual views of some mullah out on the fringe.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Except that @Notanumber was making claims about what the people who make up Islam today - i.e. living Muslims - are planning to do.

In that situation, the beliefs and opinions of the people themselves are what matter... certainly not a bigoted, slanted reinterpretation of the Qur'an or even the actual views of some mullah out on the fringe.

Notanumber does not need to make any claims. All the evidence is readily available.

Shad

Veteran Member
Except that @Notanumber was making claims about what the people who make up Islam today - i.e. living Muslims - are planning to do. In that situation, the beliefs and opinions of the people themselves are what matter... certainly not a bigoted, slanted reinterpretation of the Qur'an or even the actual views of some mullah out on the fringe.

It was a generalization fallacy.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I'd rather not insult them by asking them to comment on YouTube propaganda.

I suggest you go out and meet some Muslims that live in your community.

How did I know that that would be your response?

Are your Muslim friends all males?

If so, how do they treat their women?

If some of your Muslim friends are women, can they speak as freely as this woman can (even though she has to hide her identity)?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
How did I know that that would be your response?

Are your Muslim friends all males?

If so, how do they treat their women?

If some of your Muslim friends are women, can they speak as freely as this woman can (even though she has to hide her identity)?

Umm, because I know Muslims. Women and men. Yes, the women speak as freely as I do. What you are pushing is not what they tell me they want.

You don't actually know any, so you're kinda talking out of your behind and relying on internet propaganda.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Have you ever considered the possibility that your Muslim friends could be Muslim in name only?

They are more likely to be apostates that are afraid to openly declare it.