• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Mr Biden Trying to Lose the Election?

exchemist

Veteran Member
A privileged chosen few who elected him.
We the People rejected him.
I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me at all. The USA is a democracy, even if, like them all, it is an imperfect one. Trump was able to win the electoral college. There is no way to do that by the votes of "a privileged few". Trump had widespread popular support and won 49% of the votes. What do you mean, then?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Look at her lifetime record. Seems pretty progressive to me. Perhaps you weren't aware that Kamala is a progressive? I think that's it.

ProgressivePunch: Senate Members by score / All issues
View attachment 41955
That tells us exactly nothing of importance. Like her abysmal and crap record. She's was nothing better than terrible as AG of California, she hasn't sided with LW views, and shes really an American Moderate, which is RW by typical notions and standards. Shes just as right and conservative as Biden.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me at all. The USA is a democracy, even if, like them all, it is an imperfect one. Trump was able to win the electoral college. There is no way to do that by the votes of "a privileged few". Trump had widespread popular support and won 49% of the votes. What do you mean, then?
The US isn't a democracy. The EC isnt the People. The People do not vote on president. It's the privileged few--and entirely unelected--that make up the EC who did vote for Trump. Their votes did not reflect the will of the People, who did reject Trump.

exchemist

Veteran Member
That tells us exactly nothing of importance. Like her abysmal and crap record. She's was nothing better than terrible as AG of California, she hasn't sided with LW views, and shes really an American Moderate, which is RW by typical notions and standards. Shes just as right and conservative as Biden.
Sounds ideal to me. She won't frighten the horses, the way someone easily painted as radical, like Warren, could have done.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The US isn't a democracy. The EC isnt the People. The People do not vote on president. It's the privileged few--and entirely unelected--that make up the EC who did vote for Trump. Their votes did not reflect the will of the People, who did reject Trump.
Come off it. Trump got 49% of the vote.

That means he had very widespread appeal, compared to Clinton at least. So he must have appealed to the centre.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sounds ideal to me. She won't frighten the horses, the way someone easily painted as radical, like Warren, could have done.
In the current climate regarding the police and injustices the police have made against us, particularly black people, her being selected is a slap in the face to those fighting for those causes because she is not on our side when it comes to police reform. That wouldn't scare people away. But supporting the legal system as-is as she did is going to discourage votes.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

You do realize that the EC has elected every president since Washington? Right? Haven't heard you complaining up to now.

exchemist

Veteran Member
In the current climate regarding the police and injustices the police have made against us, particularly black people, her being selected is a slap in the face to those fighting for those causes because she is not on our side when it comes to police reform. That wouldn't scare people away. But supporting the legal system as-is as she did is going to discourage votes.
Who is "our side", here?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Those of us on the Left fighting for police reform. Kamala is not our ally in that fight.
There is the possibility that she'll see political advantage
in taking up the cause. So whether she believes in it or
not, it might turn out well. I'm not encouraged though.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Thanks. I'm a little cautious about Vox since I've been burned by them in the past, but that particular article jives with what I've read elsewhere. On a personal level, I find much to admire about Ms. Harris, as well as somethings I do not admire. My point, however, is that she seems a net liability candidate when it comes to appealing to certain groups, and that perhaps Mr. Biden could have done better -- especially had he found a more progressive partner.

It seems to me that there are so many ways to do analysis on this topic:

- analyze based on progressiveness
- analyze based on gender and / or ethnicity
- analyze based on experience
- analyze based on voting records

And so on. Who know how voters are gonna vote, but couldn't a case be made that Harris is likely to encourage women voters an minorities to vote rather than the more cerebral approach of comparing progressiveness?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Those of us on the Left fighting for police reform. Kamala is not our ally in that fight.
But I'm interested in what can win the election, not a specific left wing cause that may not appeal much to the floating voter. Do you really think police reform will prove to be a big vote-winner?