• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Modalism just ‘Inverse Trinitarianism’?

Muffled

Jesus in me
‘The word made flesh’ is exactly what it says:
God spoke [a word: ‘Let there be light’] and that word came to fruition in the creation of the universe - a big bang - an explosion of light.

God spoke a word that he would send a saviour… in the fullness of time that word came to fruition: A saviour was born and sent on a mission of salvation.

Every word spoken from the mouth of God only returns to him after it has fulfilled the purpose to which it was uttered…

How many ‘words’ are there that God spoke?
Have they not, so far, all come in the flesh as of word pertaining to the present times?
I believe John is saying that God is the Word and that means God became flesh. Of course that is impossible so what John really means is that God inhabited the body of Jesus.

Muffled

Jesus in me
ok you believe the Scriptures .... Good. so how did God become Flesh? remember by the scriptures.

101G
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy— the Son of God.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe John is saying that God is the Word and that means God became flesh. Of course that is impossible so what John really means is that God inhabited the body of Jesus.
God WAS IN Jesus by means of the SPIRIT OF GOD.

But that doesn’t turn Jesus into GOD - else what do you say about the mass of people who also received the Spirit of God at Pentecost?

Soapy

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy— the Son of God.
When the spirit of God overshadowed the Virgin, Mary, a child was conceived inside her. This child when born was born and CAME TO BE CALLED, ‘The Son of God’.

So the title of ‘Son of God’ came to be applied AFTER the child was born and recognised by his deeds… the anointment at the river Jordan where GOD announced him as such:
  • ‘This is my Son in whom I am well pleased’
What exactly do ‘GOD’ and ‘Son of God’ mean to you?

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
God WAS IN Jesus by means of the SPIRIT OF GOD.

But that doesn’t turn Jesus into GOD
- else what do you say about the mass of people who also received the Spirit of God at Pentecost?
I believe you are correct. God remains God in Jesus and does not turn Jesus into God. However since God is in Jesus then what you hear and what you see Him do is God in action.

I believe I say that they have the Paraclete which means God is in them as Lord over their own spirit.

Muffled

Jesus in me
When the spirit of God overshadowed the Virgin, Mary, a child was conceived inside her. This child when born was born and CAME TO BE CALLED, ‘The Son of God’.

So the title of ‘Son of God’ came to be applied AFTER the child was born and recognised by his deeds… the anointment at the river Jordan where GOD announced him as such:
  • ‘This is my Son in whom I am well pleased’
What exactly do ‘GOD’ and ‘Son of God’ mean to you?
I believe God means AYAH to me.

I believe Son of God in this instance means that the Spirit of God is in the man child that was born of Mary.

Soapy

I believe God means AYAH to me.

I believe Son of God in this instance means that the Spirit of God is in the man child that was born of Mary.
Yes! The SPIRIT of the Father, which means the Spirit of GOD…(too often written as ‘The Holy Spirit’) was put on the man, Jesus, at his baptism event at the river Jordan:
  • John the Baptist: ‘And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, “The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the holy Spirit.’’ (John 1:33)
  • God: ‘Behold my Servant, MY CHOSEN ONE in whom I delight. I will put MY SPIRIT on him and he will do my bidding.’ (Isaiah 42:1)
  • ‘You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.” (Acts 10:37-38)
  • The Messiah in Prophesy: “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,” (Isaiah 61:1)
  • The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD” (Isaiah 11:2)
Who is the man who would become the Messiah:
  • “A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.” (Isaiah 11:1)
A man in the line of Abraham -
A man in the line of Jesse -
A man in the line of David!
A MAN!!

Last edited:

Soapy

No no no… I can tell from what you say that you are grabbing at reasons not to believe the truth.

Even ‘God inhabiting the body of Jesus’ is stressing a truth: In one instance you are saying “God became man” (GOD BECAME JESUS!!!!) and the next instance you are saying that “God came inhabited the body of Jesus” (GOD inhabited the body of a man).

It is exactly this kind of confused, multifaceted trinity ideology that allows for squirming away from truthful scriptures.

No no no!!! There are TWO uses of the term ‘GOD’ in John 1:1… One use is as the TITLE of the ALMIGHTY ONE, the other is as the MEANING of word, a SUPERLATIVE ADJECTIVE, which is all or any of:
  • Greatest of all - ‘Almighty’
  • Sovereign
  • The Mightiest
  • Most Monumental
  • Overwhelming
  • Irresistible
  • Absolute
  • Most Gloriest
Fill in the dottied space with any from the above list:
  • ‘The word [of GOD the Father] was …!
And tie that in with “God said, ‘Let there be light!’”. “And there was light!’ - the CREATION OF THE PHYSICAL WORLD… from where God chose one galaxy in all galaxies and one solar system out of all solar system in that, and one planet from all planets in that, as his chosen one, the planet he delighted in, in which he created an image in physicality of himself to rule over all that he created:
  • The Spirit (Himself) ruling over the invisible Spirit World, and the physical (His image) ruling over the visible physical world
God did not create a man in his own image to rule over the spirit world. He, God, is from everlasting to everlasting, ETERNALLY, the ruler over the Spirit world.

Now tell me that that utterance of God (the Spirit ruler) was not ‘GOD’ (superlative adjective), a monumental word, majestic and almighty?
  • ‘The word of God was GOD’!
How would you read: ‘The God (1) of the Israelites was GOD (2) above all other pagan Gods (3)’?

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes! The SPIRIT of the Father, which means the Spirit of GOD…(too often written as ‘The Holy Spirit’) was put on the man, Jesus, at his baptism event at the river Jordan:
  • John the Baptist: ‘And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, “The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the holy Spirit.’’ (John 1:33)
  • God: ‘Behold my Servant, MY CHOSEN ONE in whom I delight. I will put MY SPIRIT on him and he will do my bidding.’ (Isaiah 42:1)
  • ‘You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.” (Acts 10:37-38)
  • The Messiah in Prophesy: “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,” (Isaiah 61:1)
  • The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD” (Isaiah 11:2)
Who is the man who would become the Messiah:
  • “A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.” (Isaiah 11:1)
A man in the line of Abraham -
A man in the line of Jesse -
A man in the line of David!
A MAN!!
I believe in that case He would not have been the only begotten Son of God. He would have been the quickened Son of God instead.