• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Man Immortal

reddogs

When Christ comes at the Second Coming, then the saints will be resurrected out of their graves and along with the living saints taken to heaven,

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 King James Version (KJV)

"13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

Many preach or teach that the moment a person dies they go straight to heaven or turn into spirit beings and continue as some form or another. So what does the Scripture mean when it says the dead go to the grave and stay there till the resurrection. If they are already in heaven, why do they need to be resurrected by Christ at his Second Coming?

The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence. Psalms 115: 17

Is man immortal? Am I immortal? Are 'You' immortal? Is 'today' immortal? Will man, I, 'You', 'today' be gone one day?

So while alive, what can, or if approaching it philosophically and ad practicum, man, I, 'You', or 'today' do for those who will be here 'tomorrow', besides for only myself?

The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence. Psalms 115: 17

"The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence."