• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Luciferianism the LHP side of Deism?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I sort of found out something weird. I wrote something on paper years ago about the ideological and philosophical similarities to Deism and Luciferianism. On the back of the paper it had Deism under a category "RHP" and Luciferianism under the "LHP" category. I wrote an outline of axioms I never completed but the primary thesis was that Deism and Luciferianism are flip sides in accordance to RHP/LHP categorizations.
Deism and Luciferianism both value the same things such as knowledge, enlightenment and moderate naturalism. They incorporate these things as core tenets and use them in identical manners. Much like Deists and their idea of God's "Gift of Reason", Luciferianians have identical views about Lucifer's ability to illuminate and give knowledge to those who seek.
Would it be safe to say that Luciferianism is indeed the LHP counterpart to Deism?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
So it would be like being a Baptist and a Anglican. The two are far two similar frankly to be a division in the two besides being sects.
I wouldn't say that, just that they are not mutually exclusive.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
They aren't mutually exclusive. Deism can be right or left, Luciferians tend to be too smart to use such silly terms. But deism can go with almost any religion and Luciferianism can go with almost any view on God's existence.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
They aren't mutually exclusive. Deism can be right or left, Luciferians tend to be too smart to use such silly terms. But deism can go with almost any religion and Luciferianism can go with almost any view on God's existence.

This has been a bit of an issue for me. When I learned about Luciferianism years ago I was already knee deep in Deism and my biggest issue has been trying to cut a line down the middle of them. Deists pride themselves in Christian like morality and their reason based piety. I cannot help but think there must be a dividing line in reasoning between Luciferians and Deists

Premium Member
This has been a bit of an issue for me. When I learned about Luciferianism years ago I was already knee deep in Deism and my biggest issue has been trying to cut a line down the middle of them. Deists pride themselves in Christian like morality and their reason based piety. I cannot help but think there must be a dividing line in reasoning between Luciferians and Deists

The deists I've known have been moral relativists without exception. With no god around to place or enforce laws then Christian morality fails in it's entirety.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Both are enlightenment philosophies and both have a massive interest in individuals and use epistemology in a religious sense.

I see how it could connected now that you've explained it.

Luciferianism, like Satanism, can include any form of theism or non-theism there is. That's part of the beauty of it. So sure, you could be a Luciferian Deist (or Deist Luciferian).

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I see how it could connected now that you've explained it.

Luciferianism, like Satanism, can include any form of theism or non-theism there is. That's part of the beauty of it. So sure, you could be a Luciferian Deist (or Deist Luciferian).

I find Deism to be so irreverent to Luciferianism because Luciferianism by default has everything that Deism has. Deism is the belief in a god and the usage of reason, that's it. Luciferians already do this if they are of the theistic branch so using the term "Deist Luciferian" is rather useless. It is like saying "I am an African American Black man".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I find Deism to be so irreverent to Luciferianism because Luciferianism by default has everything that Deism has. Deism is the belief in a god and the usage of reason, that's it. Luciferians already do this if they are of the theistic branch so using the term "Deist Luciferian" is rather useless. It is like saying "I am an African American Black man".

I agree with that.

Personally, I view Deism as outdated and unnecessary, just as I view all universal creator deity concepts as being outdated and unnecessary.

Premium Member
"Luciferianism" is more basic than any stance on god. It doesn't come unto play until you begin talking about how logical and sane a god-concept is.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I agree with that.

Personally, I view Deism as outdated and unnecessary, just as I view all universal creator deity concepts as being outdated and unnecessary.

Deism has went through so many revivals until people realized that demiurges are no longer valid. It died a noble death though considering its contribution but Deism is just not capable of relying on the same claims such as the Teleological Argument to necessitate the existence of a god.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Deism has went through so many revivals until people realized that demiurges are no longer valid. It died a noble death though considering its contribution but Deism is just not capable of relying on the same claims such as the Teleological Argument to necessitate the existence of a god.

I think Deism was an important step in the development of a more humanistic idea of god and religion. Plus, it was a less outrageous choice for progressive types because being an atheist would've been much more controversial. But it's no longer needed in today's world.

Premium Member

Deism can use the first cause argument, which may be the only sound argument of the main ones.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I think Deism was an important step in the development of a more humanistic idea of god and religion. Plus, it was a less outrageous choice for progressive types because being an atheist would've been much more controversial. But it's no longer needed in today's world.

For me though I like using Deistic arguments to attack both religion and atheism. A very sound philosophy when you can refute both spectrum of this whole metaphysical issue. Deism although irrelevant as a substitute for religion(which I found out quickly) is very useful as a philosophy.
Having been a Deist int he past I still am one because I still use Deistic arguments and philosophy to give weight to my own ideas.
If you actually try being a Deist alone though you will find that it is a very unsatisfying belief because of it's metaphysical materialism. Seems like a contradiction but in Deistic philosophy it is not

Premium Member
For me though I like using Deistic arguments to attack both religion and atheism. A very sound philosophy when you can refute both spectrum of this whole metaphysical issue. Deism although irrelevant as a substitute for religion(which I found out quickly) is very useful as a philosophy.
Having been a Deist int he past I still am one because I still use Deistic arguments and philosophy to give weight to my own ideas.
If you actually try being a Deist alone though you will find that it is a very unsatisfying belief because of it's metaphysical materialism. Seems like a contradiction but in Deistic philosophy it is not

So you use it as an example in an argument pretty much?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
So you use it as an example in an argument pretty much?

I use it as a methodological approach to criticizing religious claims. Such as analyzing the legitimacy of a religion based upon science or some sort of empirical reasoning. Deism is a very neutral and fair philosophy with dealing with such topics. I use Deism to approach almost anything, even when I was a Muslim I was a fan of mu'tazila'iyyah(Islamic Deism) and applied it. Same goes for my brush with Paganism and Satanism.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Until you realize some one could be a white south African American. I'm an atheist, doors is an atheist. So...