• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is lucid dreaming bad?

Frank Goad

I opened up the king james bible and got this:

Jeremiah 29:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

If you notice God is mad that the people in this passage are telling the prophets and diviners to dream up dreams for them.Does this sound like lucid dreaming to you?Or am i just reading to much into the passage?I think the only good lucid dreaming comes from praying to God for it.Before i read this i thought it could be induced with or without God.But now that i have read this i change my mind.

PruePhillip

8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

If you notice God is mad that the people in this passage are telling the prophets and diviners to dream up dreams for them.Does this sound like lucid dreaming to you?Or am i just reading to much into the passage?I think the only good lucid dreaming comes from praying to God for it.Before i read this i thought it could be induced with or without God.But now that i have read this i change my mind.

Think you are reading too much into it. There are dreams, and there are dreams.
We dream every night - but we all have personal dreams of prosperity. And there's
the "filthy dreamers" I think Paul mentioned - those who want to change the world
in some way he felt was immoral or dangerous.

I dont think this passage is refering to lucid dreams or even self inducing lucid dreams.

I think its refering to liers in Gods name. They say God gave them a message or a dream, but God did not. There liers. They use God to sway the people for political means.

Jumi

Seems to be talking about prophecies, not dreaming. In my experience lucid dreams aren't anything like prophecies. Lot's of people seem to think they're prophets when they read the Revelation and deceive others too into thinking that they know something about the future or current events. Just guessing, but it seems to be written to warn about those, not about people who have dreams that don't have any prophecies to sell.