• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is lifeless Venus destroying Darwin?

Clara Tea

The Scientist reports the conclusion: there is no definite proof, that Phosphine is on Venus, thus, more research must be done.

To which I reply:
If there is reasonable doubt, that Russel's teapot, Tesla car, Phosphine, dead cats or dogs are on Venus, then it is not necessary to do more research. Please stop the research in these directions! Believe your common sense, lady! I do not want to pay them my tax money! They are chasing ghosts and their own imagination. Space is a vast thing. I see no reason to move in this particular direction: to find Russel's teapot on Venus. One has the need to set more realistic goals and more practical programs. Is lifeless Venus destroying Evolutionism?

Landing on a planet is far more difficult than landing on the moon. Not only are they farther, they also don't align with earth very often. So, if you land on Mars, it will be close to 2 years later that you may leave. So, one slip up could cost lives. Very little science will be learned by sending a human. The robotic probes and rovers were sufficient and cheap.

gnostic

The Lost One
Landing on a planet is far more difficult than landing on the moon. Not only are they farther, they also don't align with earth very often. So, if you land on Mars, it will be close to 2 years later that you may leave. So, one slip up could cost lives. Very little science will be learned by sending a human. The robotic probes and rovers were sufficient and cheap.

True.

The only possible solution is that you have a base for long term living, with energy that are self-sustaining, growing your own food, and been able to convert carbon dioxide air into breathable air. And don’t forget water.

We don’t have the technology to bring all the necessary things for survival longer than a year, let alone permanently on Mars or any other planets.

Currently living on the moon, mars or other, are only in the realm of science fiction, especially those knuckle heads who think it would be possible for humans to terraform a planet or moon.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Currently living on the moon, mars or other, are only in the realm of science fiction,

I disagree. I think we have all the necessary technology to do this today.
It might cost trillions, but we do have the necessary tech to do it.

especially those knuckle heads who think it would be possible for humans to terraform a planet or moon.

Obviously if we were to do it today, we'ld have to create some kind of "dome" where we could live. Going outside without a space-suit would be a no-go.

Terraforming is likely still science fiction, in terms of having the necessary tech.
However, it's less fictional then you think, I think.

There's many ways to do it. The biggest problem though, is that all imaginable ways to do this would take faaaaar to long. Likely millions of years. And that's assuming we have the tech to implement those ideas, which we don't for the most part.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I disagree. I think we have all the necessary technology to do this today.
It might cost trillions, but we do have the necessary tech to do it.

Obviously if we were to do it today, we'ld have to create some kind of "dome" where we could live. Going outside without a space-suit would be a no-go.

Terraforming is likely still science fiction, in terms of having the necessary tech.
However, it's less fictional then you think, I think.

There's many ways to do it. The biggest problem though, is that all imaginable ways to do this would take faaaaar to long. Likely millions of years. And that's assuming we have the tech to implement those ideas, which we don't for the most part.
So technically, it is at this moment only issue of money before humans could make a dome on the Moon or Mars? have humans come that far already? :) Honestly i did not know

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So technically, it is at this moment only issue of money before humans could make a dome on the Moon or Mars? have humans come that far already? :) Honestly i did not know

Well... maybe not. We (= the collective of humans) have the money. What lacks is the will / motivation to spend it on a Mars colony.

Although Elon Musk is quite serious about it.

SpaceX plans: How Elon Musk see life on Mars (cnbc.com)

Within a couple years, the first rocket ships carrying cargo to build such a doom will be leaving for Mars.
It's going to happen. Although I think he's going to need help. SpaceX alone is not going to cut it.
But he's pushing through. It's going to happen. I guess Musk assumes that if SpaceX takes the lead / jump to make it happen, that it will be easier to convince others to follow.

tas8831

Well... maybe not. We (= the collective of humans) have the money. What lacks is the will / motivation to spend it on a Mars colony.

Although Elon Musk is quite serious about it.

SpaceX plans: How Elon Musk see life on Mars (cnbc.com)

Within a couple years, the first rocket ships carrying cargo to build such a doom will be leaving for Mars.
It's going to happen. Although I think he's going to need help. SpaceX alone is not going to cut it.
But he's pushing through. It's going to happen. I guess Musk assumes that if SpaceX takes the lead / jump to make it happen, that it will be easier to convince others to follow.
Well...
Musk also said Covid would go away on its own like last year. ;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah, he is kind of a Covid-hoaxer. And a bit of a charlatan. Which is a shame, because SpaceX is cool.

edit: worse than I thought:

"Am getting wildly different results from different labs, but most likely I have a moderate case of covid. My symptoms are that of a minor cold, which is no surprise, since a coronavirus is a type of cold."

Dumba$$...
There are aspects of Musk's work that I admire. But then there is the endless self promotion and insane overestimation of what he can accomplish for ridiculously low amounts of money. Have you checked out his supposed invention the "hyper-loop"? I too had Covid-19. I was tested before I had it on a semi-regular basis and then, from work most likely, I came down with it. I had had the flu shot already that year and at first I thought that I merely had a bad case of the flu. When I was over it and went back to work I informed them that I had been ill. I waited outside in the cold while the sample "percolated". I could see the nasty red line on the surface myself. (I need to find out how those work). Sent home for two more weeks. Since there are cases of people coming down with this a second time I do plan on getting vaccinated as soon as I can. I likely dodged a bullet the first time around.

Suave

Simulated character
True.

The only possible solution is that you have a base for long term living, with energy that are self-sustaining, growing your own food, and been able to convert carbon dioxide air into breathable air. And don’t forget water.

We don’t have the technology to bring all the necessary things for survival longer than a year, let alone permanently on Mars or any other planets.

Currently living on the moon, mars or other, are only in the realm of science fiction, especially those knuckle heads who think it would be possible for humans to terraform a planet or moon.

According to British scientist Paul Birch, bombarding Venus with hydrogen and reacting it with carbon dioxide could produce elemental carbon (graphite) and water by the Bosch reaction. It would take about 4 × 10 19 kg of hydrogen to convert the whole Venusian atmosphere, and such a large amount of hydrogen could be obtained from the dwarf planet Ceres.

PIA20353_ip.jpg

tas8831

There are aspects of Musk's work that I admire. But then there is the endless self promotion and insane overestimation of what he can accomplish for ridiculously low amounts of money. Have you checked out his supposed invention the "hyper-loop"? I too had Covid-19. I was tested before I had it on a semi-regular basis and then, from work most likely, I came down with it. I had had the flu shot already that year and at first I thought that I merely had a bad case of the flu. When I was over it and went back to work I informed them that I had been ill. I waited outside in the cold while the sample "percolated". I could see the nasty red line on the surface myself. (I need to find out how those work). Sent home for two more weeks. Since there are cases of people coming down with this a second time I do plan on getting vaccinated as soon as I can. I likely dodged a bullet the first time around.

What - you don't think a million people on a Mars colony in 20 years is a stretch? Flights of Starship from NYC to Dubai in 20 minutes 10x/day for a few $1000 bucks is not a crazy idea?
Driving cars in vacuum tunnels is not totally cool?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What - you don't think a million people on a Mars colony in 20 years is a stretch? Flights of Starship from NYC to Dubai in 20 minutes 10x/day for a few $1000 bucks is not a crazy idea?
Driving cars in vacuum tunnels is not totally cool?
LOL! Nice ideas, sadly all crazy.

night912

I do not want to pay them my tax money! They are chasing ghosts and their own imagination.
I don't really mind much if they use my tax money on that. Now if they were to use my tax money to try to prove your numerous peer review rejections to be true, then it would a problem. I'll probably even refuse to pay taxes if that ever happens.

Nothing personal, it's a matter of using tax money to find the truth or ridiculousness.

Suave

Simulated character
According to British scientist Paul Birch, bombarding Venus with hydrogen and reacting it with carbon dioxide could produce elemental carbon (graphite) and water by the Bosch reaction. It would take about 4 × 10 19 kg of hydrogen to convert the whole Venusian atmosphere, and such a large amount of hydrogen could be obtained from the dwarf planet Ceres.

PIA20353_ip.jpg
There is troubling news regarding the notion of terraforming Venus by way of the Bosch reaction. Assuming Venus were bombarded with 100 billion kilograms of hydrogen on average per year, this being nearly 10 times the amount of hydrogen contained in the amount of bottled water consumed yearly by bottled water consumers on Earth, I figure it would take approximately100 million years to transform Venus from a waterless planet to a planet with oceans of liquid water over the Venusian surface. Does anyone have any better ideas how Venus could be transformed into a habitable Earth-like planet?

tas8831

He did?
Wasn't aware of that.
Yeah, he is kind of a Covid-hoaxer. And a bit of a charlatan. Which is a shame, because SpaceX is cool.

edit: worse than I thought:

"Am getting wildly different results from different labs, but most likely I have a moderate case of covid. My symptoms are that of a minor cold, which is no surprise, since a coronavirus is a type of cold."

Kook.

gnostic

The Lost One
The Scientist reports the conclusion: there is no definite proof, that Phosphine is on Venus, thus, more research must be done.

To which I reply:
If there is reasonable doubt, that Russel's teapot, Tesla car, Phosphine, dead cats or dogs are on Venus, then it is not necessary to do more research. Please stop the research in these directions! Believe your common sense, lady! I do not want to pay them my tax money! They are chasing ghosts and their own imagination. Space is a vast thing. I see no reason to move in this particular direction: to find Russel's teapot on Venus. One has the need to set more realistic goals and more practical programs. Is lifeless Venus destroying Evolutionism?
“questfortruth” said:
Is lifeless Venus destroying Darwin?

I still haven’t gotten in reply from you, @questfortruth , in the connection between the OP and the thread’s subjectline.

What do Darwin and the theory of Evolution (particularly Darwin’s Natural Selection) have to do with trying to find life on the planet Venus?

Darwin and other biologists have only focused on observations of life here, on Earth. It have nothing to do with life on other planets in the Solar System or elsewhere.

So whether they life or not in other planets, don’t in any way, shape or form, affect our tested current knowledge of evolution, not only Natural Selection, but also Mutation, Genetic Drift, Gene Flow & Genetic Hitchhiking.

Plus, Evolution only focus on biodiversity, not the origin of first life (Abiogenesis). Evolution require life already existing, whether they are currently extant or they are extinct.

Abiogenesis Is a separate field of study, but it is still a hypothesis...

...but it is a working hypothesis, as they are still actively researching and investigating how life may have started here, on Earth, and not some other planets.

So what does your thread’s topic & OP have to do with Darwin and Natural Selection?