• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Judaism the same as Aryanism?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
What i mean is, its not really specific that this relates to Goyim aka non jews. It just says god fortune happens if you keep the pact with God
The Torah, by the way, prescribes a similar, albeit simpler, pact for non-Jews with God. It's called the Noachide Covenant. Non-Jews that keep it are called "Noachides". As you may be able to tell from the name, this covenant was created way back during Noach (Noah)'s life, after he existed the Ark. It is therefore much older than the Mosaic Covenant.

CBM

I wanted to chime in here regarding Judaism.
Judaism’s view of our “choseness” is in a spiritual context. It is not about genetic superiority.
Jewish thought holds humanity in the highest esteem. Each individual is created בצלם אלקים - in the “image of God” and has vast potential for Godliness. Open any work of Mussar and you will see the concept of גדלות האדם - the greatness of a human being.
Judaism’s philosophy is to bring God/ Torah/ spirituality into every crevice of our life.
That is something everyone can do, but we willingly entered a demanding covenant in order to embody that for the world.
I think it’s telling that in the time of the temple offerings were brought on behalf of the nations of the world.
The goal of humanity is to achieve closeness with God, and Jews (anyone who enters the covenant, whether they were born Jewish or not) were charged with a unique mission to facilitate that.

Aryanism and Judaism have nothing in common.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
In context to "chosen ones" mentality. Its also definition of racism at play. Like you would agree hating Nazis or Aryanism doesnt mean you hate Germans?. Same way one doesnt hate Hebrews, but just racist ideology.

But the idea of insiders and outsiders does seem very apparent. Think only difference is Germans were better at fighting
I disagree with the assertion that Judaism is as racist as the Nazis.
Following is my rambling commentary that may or may not be of interest, so I will put it behind spoiler tags.
Both arose from pastoral traditions, where the "chosen people" are analogous to their god's "herd." This perspective does also lend itself to tribalism, where racism can easily get seeded. The racism aspect seems to have gotten particularly well seeded within the modern so-called Aryan movement. I consider Aryans to be the Proto-Indo-European culture instead of just the Nordics, as the Vedas of India use the specific term Aryans. The Vedics also showed pretty pronounced racist tendencies as well, but didn't start a world war over it.

One of the main differences between the Vedic Aryans and the Nordics is that the Vedics saw the Paleo-Indo-European equivalent of the Devas as benevolent and the Asuras as not so, whereas the Nordics put their faith in the Æsir. I can only speculate as to whether the passive-aggressively expressed racism of the deva-loving Vedics and the less racist but more war-like Æsir-loving Nordics fused together to manifest in the overtly racist war-like Nazis.

Jeremiah Ames

In context to "chosen ones" mentality. Its also definition of racism at play. Like you would agree hating Nazis or Aryanism doesnt mean you hate Germans?. Same way one doesnt hate Hebrews, but just racist ideology.

But the idea of insiders and outsiders does seem very apparent. Think only difference is Germans were better at fighting

The chosen people in the Bible are misunderstood by a lot of people.

imo

exchemist

Veteran Member
I wanted to chime in here regarding Judaism.
Judaism’s view of our “choseness” is in a spiritual context. It is not about genetic superiority.
Jewish thought holds humanity in the highest esteem. Each individual is created בצלם אלקים - in the “image of God” and has vast potential for Godliness. Open any work of Mussar and you will see the concept of גדלות האדם - the greatness of a human being.
Judaism’s philosophy is to bring God/ Torah/ spirituality into every crevice of our life.
That is something everyone can do, but we willingly entered a demanding covenant in order to embody that for the world.
I think it’s telling that in the time of the temple offerings were brought on behalf of the nations of the world.
The goal of humanity is to achieve closeness with God and Jews (anyone who enters the covenant, whether they were born Jewish or not) were charged with a unique mission to facilitate that.

Aryanism and Judaism have nothing in common.
Ah. Thanks for this: the missing piece of the jigsaw that I was hoping someone would supply.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Iran and Ireland both come from the same root word as aryan. so the people of that race are somehow associated with that region. prior to islam it would have been persian and probably more so related to zoroastrianism

aryan | Origin and meaning of the name aryan by Online Etymology Dictionary

firedragon

Veteran Member

You are not referring to Judaism in my opinion.

Justanatheist

Think only difference is Germans were better at fighting

Interesting comment, the Germans lost two world wars, ended up with their country completely devastated, the Jews established their own country surrounded by hostile nations, which ever way you look at it this was an incredible achievement, so not sure where you get this idea from.

Lars

Interesting comment, the Germans lost two world wars, ended up with their country completely devastated, the Jews established their own country surrounded by hostile nations, which ever way you look at it this was an incredible achievement, so not sure where you get this idea from.
I mean in context to that Germans atleast were close to winning. Romans basically just sacked the temple and Jews werent even close to make advances. But Jews have allies today though. Israel as is modern nation. Its really because of allies that helps a nation grow. But Ben Shapiro has a video on the Israel vs Palestine conflict, i dont think its too bias. Summary, Jews want their homeland to escape persecution in Europe, Arabs feel like they are invaded by influence they dont like. They dont want Israel to exist. And this conflict still exists to this date.

Video was hard to find.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Romans basically just sacked the temple and Jews werent even close to make advances.
I think you may have some reading to do. The Jews managed to decimate the 12th legion. The legion lost its standard, which is an embarrassment similar to a sports team having its mascot stolen, except much worse. I'll also point out that the revolt lasted 7 years, which actually happens to be longer than WWII.

Lars

I think you may have some reading to do. The Jews managed to decimate the 12th legion. The legion lost its standard, which is an embarrassment similar to a sports team having its mascot stolen, except much worse. I'll also point out that the revolt lasted 7 years, which actually happens to be longer than WWII.
Well i just know the basis. But i will check it out someday. I guess i have been digging my head mostly in theology. But i like history

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Well i just know the basis. But i will check it out someday. I guess i have been digging my head mostly in theology. But i like history
At this point I think it is appropriate to ask you exactly what you have read that you have used as your basis for you “knowledge” and “understanding” of Judaism.

Lars

At this point I think it is appropriate to ask you exactly what you have read that you have used as your basis for you “knowledge” and “understanding” of Judaism.
Bible mainly. Not read the talmud, currently on Ibn Kathir tafsir

Etritonakin

Israel was just first on the bus. Everyone is getting on the bus.

All things -both bad and good -FIRST TO the Jew -then the gentile -does not say Jews are first or chosen in they way you are saying.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Its very hard to do, and you are discouraged from it. But i have heard of it
It may be difficult, and it may be discouraged (to weed out inferior interests), but it happens. There are quite a few converts at my synagogue, a black family and a Chinese family included.

I don't particularly like the expression "chosen people." But when people ask me about it, my standard answer is, "Chosen for what?" It doesn't mean we are nicer or better or smarter than other ethnicities. It means we have a covenant that we are to keep -- to obey the 613 laws. We are also to be a light to the nations -- and I think that means bringing ethnical monotheism to the world.

And THAT is nothing like aryanism.

IndigoChild5559

Yes, but keepers of the Mosaic covenant are Jews, surely? That is what it means to be a Jew, so far as I am aware.

And Ben Shapiro?
No, not always. There are for example Messianic Gentiles who aspire to keep the Mosaic covenant. They are not Jews, since they do not have Jewish moms and are not lawful converts. Indeed, given their belief in Jesus, they are not even part of Judaism but Christianity.

Being Jew is being part of a tribal people. It's an ethnicity. There are plenty of Jews who, for example, are atheists.

IndigoChild5559

I mean in context to that Germans atleast were close to winning. Romans basically just sacked the temple and Jews werent even close to make advances. But Jews have allies today though. Israel as is modern nation. Its really because of allies that helps a nation grow. But Ben Shapiro has a video on the Israel vs Palestine conflict, i dont think its too bias. Summary, Jews want their homeland to escape persecution in Europe, Arabs feel like they are invaded by influence they dont like. They dont want Israel to exist. And this conflict still exists to this date.

Video was hard to find.
I didn't take time to watch the video, but I do remember that Ben Shapiro recommended shipping all the Palestinians and Arab-Israelis elsewhere. That is a horrible thing -- indeed I believe it would be classified as a war crime these days.

Jewish views regarding the Israel-Palestinian problem are quite varied, even among Israelis. Unless I'm mistaken, among Jews in diaspora (which I'm obviously more familiar with) are more behind the two state solution.