• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is John Bolton playing all of us?

shmogie

A report from an anonymous source in the New York Times says that in the manuscript of Bolton's book he says he was in the room when Trump was spouting off about demanding investigations for aid with Ukraine.

Note that this is an anonymous source who SAYS this is what the transcript says (pure hearsay).

What better way to thrust yourself, and thus your book into the public eye ? Especially right in the middle of the impeachment trial.

Even if what the anonymous source says is wrong, it cannot be known till the book comes out.

Bolton can go to any microphone and say whether it is true or not, but he hasn't and he won't.

IF he is subpoenaed to the senate trial, executive privilege will be rightly invoked, and Bolton will get even more publicity as the matter is slugged out in the courts.

I suspect Bolton is playing this like a chess master, the goal being publicity for book sales.

It can never be established, but I suspect Bolton is the puppet master for the anonymous source.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I would. Just saying.

If I had some inside contact to the Trump family, I'd be looking at a tell all book. Unless of course the purse string were somehow tied to keeping it quite.

While Bolton owes something to national security he, as far as I know, doesn't owe anything personally to Trump.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
A person that spun the WMD story to justify an invasion of Iraq that killed thousands would probably have no problem making false claims to sell a book but again we have an anonymous source claiming something that can't be verified timed conveniently when Trumps defense is making their arguments. This whole process smells like a rotten fish wrapped in a dirty diaper.

tas8831

And yet...
A copy of the manuscript was given to the WH for vetting on National Security issues, as is customary, and shortly thereafter, McConnell announced that he wanted the impeachment trial sooner rather then later and on a shortened timeline. Because the WH has a certain amount of time before they have to OK (or not) such manuscripts.

Seems very.... fishy.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
And yet...
A copy of the manuscript was given to the WH for vetting on National Security issues, as is customary, and shortly thereafter, McConnell announced that he wanted the impeachment trial sooner rather then later and on a shortened timeline. Because the WH has a certain amount of time before they have to OK (or not) such manuscripts.

Seems very.... fishy.

With the 2020 election coming up in less than a year it seems completely reasonable to want it to be over with as quick as possible but the democrats know the longer they drag this out the better their chances. They know full well once Trump is acquited they won't have much left in the upcoming months other than bringing up the tired racism claims, the Russian collusion that didn't happen and how terrible of a human being he is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A report from an anonymous source in the New York Times says that in the manuscript of Bolton's book he says he was in the room when Trump was spouting off about demanding investigations for aid with Ukraine.

Note that this is an anonymous source who SAYS this is what the transcript says (pure hearsay).

What better way to thrust yourself, and thus your book into the public eye ? Especially right in the middle of the impeachment trial.

Even if what the anonymous source says is wrong, it cannot be known till the book comes out.

Bolton can go to any microphone and say whether it is true or not, but he hasn't and he won't.

IF he is subpoenaed to the senate trial, executive privilege will be rightly invoked, and Bolton will get even more publicity as the matter is slugged out in the courts.

I suspect Bolton is playing this like a chess master, the goal being publicity for book sales.

It can never be established, but I suspect Bolton is the puppet master for the anonymous source.
Anonymous sources are not all that anonymous. If someone gives reporters a false report the reporter ends up looking bad. That source will lose credibility among reporters and may even be outed for dishonesty. After all a false claim to a reporter is a breach of trust so outing the source would not be considered one in the business. There are some huge holes in your conspiracy theory.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Even Pubs who know him say that Bolton is a straight-shooter, for better or worse. So, I would think honest Republicans would want him as a witness even of they don't like his "message". If nothing else, they can cross-examine him.

But if the Pubs refuse to have him testify, that may well backfire BIG TIME because it will then be 100% clear that they also are involve in the cover-up-- which they are anyway of course. And for them, since they're tied so much at the rump with tRump, if even more damning information comes forth between now and election time, the results of the 2018 election might be a "minor shift" versus what could happen later this year. They've taken one helluva chance by kissing the Donald's butt (lotsa tongue, I understand), so this could really come back to haunt them.

esmith

Veteran Member
And yet...

Seems very.... fishy.
Better check your sources about that. The White House did not receive a copy of the manuscript; however the National Security Security Council did.
White House says no one outside National Security Council saw Bolton book amid complaints GOP 'blindsided'

tas8831

With the 2020 election coming up in less than a year it seems completely reasonable to want it to be over with as quick as possible but the democrats know the longer they drag this out the better their chances. They know full well once Trump is acquited they won't have much left in the upcoming months other than bringing up the tired racism claims, the Russian collusion that didn't happen and how terrible of a human being he is.
Right.

Nothing to see here.

mueller-trump-charges-promo-1534968452597-facebookJumbo-v11.jpg

sooda

Veteran Member
A person that spun the WMD story to justify an invasion of Iraq that killed thousands would probably have no problem making false claims to sell a book but again we have an anonymous source claiming something that can't be verified timed conveniently when Trumps defense is making their arguments. This whole process smells like a rotten fish wrapped in a dirty diaper.

You mean Cheney and Blair?

tytlyf

Not Religious

Your belief is a RW conspiracy theory peddled by the usual RW suspsects

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
And yet...

Seems very.... fishy.
And perhaps this is why Pelosi hung onto the articles of impeachment as long as she did. Perhaps she knew this was coming out.

tas8831

And perhaps this is why Pelosi hung onto the articles of impeachment as long as she did. Perhaps she knew this was coming out.
I have read such speculation - perhaps to see how the Senate responds.

Sadly, even if that is the case, I think she overestimated the civility, integrity, and honesty of the GOP senators.