• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus the God of the Bible? Introductory and other evidence.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
https://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-God.html https://www.gotquestions.org/God-is-not-a-man.html https://www.gotquestions.org/God-in-the-flesh.html https://www.gotquestions.org/good-God-alone.html Please watch:
Now for the scriptures. He is the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15), thought it not robbery to be equal with God (Philippians 2:6), unless that you believe that I AM (Greek ego ami), you will die in your sins (John 8:24, before Abraham was, I AM (He is) John 8:58. In Him (Christ) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9), God is one but three (1 John 5:7), please read all of John 1 with special attention to verse 14, and 18/ Isaiah 9:6 says that He shall be called wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, and everlasting Father. John 10:30 says that He and the Father are one. He who has seen Him, has seen the Father (John 14:9). There are also many instances of Jesus forgiving sins, and He has to be Almighty YHWH God Ha Adonai (The LORD of lords) to do that. Most Bibles Call Him Jesus, but some call Him Yeshua which is the Hebrew Name for Jesus, and the Hebrew word for Salvation. He is Salvation for all repentant sinners. Sife note: Yehoshua is the long forn of the Hebrew word Yeshua (Salvation). Yehoshua means YHWH saves. You may use this: https://www.blueletterbible.org/ website as well as: https://www.biblegateway.com/ to factcheck my claims.

YeshuaRedeemed

I am sorry you are upset, do you want to talk about it? I just want to exchange ideas with you and others where appropriate. Do you find me offensive just because we disagree on something? I still love you, and think you are awesome. Shalom.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 5:7 - King James Version Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
I believe that the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost are separate entities.
I believe that the Father (God) sends the Holy Spirit to the Son (Jesus) and the Son (Jesus) sheds the Holy Spirit upon all of humanity.
God>>> Holy Spirit>>> Jesus >>> Holy Spirit >>> humanity
God is too great for humans to understand directly, so Jesus acts like a Mediator between God and humanity, bringing the Holy Spirit of God to humanity.

YeshuaRedeemed

I believe that the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost are separate entities.
I believe that the Father (God) sends the Holy Spirit to the Son (Jesus) and the Son (Jesus) sheds the Holy Spirit upon all of humanity.
God>>> Holy Spirit>>> Jesus >>> Holy Spirit >>> humanity
God is too great for humans to understand directly, so Jesus acts like a Mediator between God and humanity, bringing the Holy Spirit of God to humanity.
I agree. Only God can understand Himself fully. I do love Him so much.

74x12

Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God? How can Jesus be God, when Numbers 23:19 says that God is not a man or a son of man? Is Jesus God in the flesh? Why is it important that Jesus is God in the flesh? If Jesus was God, why did He say "No one is good but God alone"? Please watch:
Now for the scriptures. He is the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15), thought it not robbery to be equal with God (Philippians 2:6), unless that you believe that I AM (Greek ego ami), you will die in your sins (John 8:24, before Abraham was, I AM (He is) John 8:58. In Him (Christ) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9), God is one but three (1 John 5:7), please read all of John 1 with special attention to verse 14, and 18/ Isaiah 9:6 says that He shall be called wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, and everlasting Father. John 10:30 says that He and the Father are one. He who has seen Him, has seen the Father (John 14:9). There are also many instances of Jesus forgiving sins, and He has to be Almighty YHWH God Ha Adonai (The LORD of lords) to do that. Most Bibles Call Him Jesus, but some call Him Yeshua which is the Hebrew Name for Jesus, and the Hebrew word for Salvation. He is Salvation for all repentant sinners. Sife note: Yehoshua is the long forn of the Hebrew word Yeshua (Salvation). Yehoshua means YHWH saves. You may use this: Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible website as well as: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages. to factcheck my claims.
Jesus is the appearing of God; the Almighty. The Lord of all creation. The Father of Lights.

Jesus shows forth the invisible God who dwells in unapproachable Light. (1 Timothy 6:14-16) God wanted us to know Him. So He came in a tangible form. He hid His glory, He took on flesh. His glory would consume our eyes, it could consume the world. The hills would melt like wax. He humbled Himself ... He did not seek His own glory(that is for His fleshly form). But sought out His lost sheep.

In searching for the sheep it was necessary that He save them. He did not hide Himself from shame or spitting ... He humbled Himself to the cross ... The good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

YeshuaRedeemed

Jesus is the appearing of God; the Almighty. The Lord of all creation. The Father of Lights.

Jesus shows forth the invisible God who dwells in unapproachable Light. (1 Timothy 6:14-16) God wanted us to know Him. So He came in a tangible form. He hid His glory, He took on flesh. His glory would consume our eyes, it could consume the world. The hills would melt like wax. He humbled Himself ... He did not seek His own glory(that is for His fleshly form). But sought out His lost sheep.

In searching for the sheep it was necessary that He save them. He did not hide Himself from shame or spitting ... He humbled Himself to the cross ... The good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Exactly. I had a lovely dream I hugged Jesus, and I love Him so much. He is the best Person to ever happen to me. I love Jesus.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God? How can Jesus be God, when Numbers 23:19 says that God is not a man or a son of man? Is Jesus God in the flesh? Why is it important that Jesus is God in the flesh? If Jesus was God, why did He say "No one is good but God alone"? Please watch:
Now for the scriptures. He is the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15), thought it not robbery to be equal with God (Philippians 2:6), unless that you believe that I AM (Greek ego ami), you will die in your sins (John 8:24, before Abraham was, I AM (He is) John 8:58. In Him (Christ) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9), God is one but three (1 John 5:7), please read all of John 1 with special attention to verse 14, and 18/ Isaiah 9:6 says that He shall be called wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, and everlasting Father. John 10:30 says that He and the Father are one. He who has seen Him, has seen the Father (John 14:9). There are also many instances of Jesus forgiving sins, and He has to be Almighty YHWH God Ha Adonai (The LORD of lords) to do that. Most Bibles Call Him Jesus, but some call Him Yeshua which is the Hebrew Name for Jesus, and the Hebrew word for Salvation. He is Salvation for all repentant sinners. Sife note: Yehoshua is the long forn of the Hebrew word Yeshua (Salvation). Yehoshua means YHWH saves. You may use this: Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible website as well as: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages. to factcheck my claims.
If Jesus is Almighty God YHWH, how is Almighty God his God?
If Almighty God is head of Jesus, how is Jesus equal to Almighty God?

Matthew 27:46
Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Revelation 3:1, 2, 12
“To the angel of the church in Sardis of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

How does Jesus submit to almighty God, if he is both God, and equal to God?
1 Corinthians 15
27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

TrueBeliever37

Fair enough, what about Matthew 28:19?

How did the apostles he had taught who were there and heard him, and understood him, carry out this command in the book of Acts?
Places such as:
Acts 2:38
Acts 8:16
Acts 10:43-48
Acts 19:5

Matthew 28:19 says in the name (singular) - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are titles. If you understand that there is only one God, and that the one God appeared in a body, as the Messiah. If you understand that the Messiah was both the Father and the son, as Isaiah 9:6 prophesied he would be. Then you would understand why they carried out the command as they did.

Also, Matthew, Mark , and Luke wrote different accounts about the same event, right before he ascended. Compare Matthew's account with Luke 24:47
They have to mean the same thing.