• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus the fulfillment of the Law?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
I think so. Jesus in my religious opinion is God and without sin, so He is the fulfillment of the Law. Some Scriptures I want to include are: Hebrews 4: Bible Gateway passage: Hebrews 4 - King James Version Hebrews 4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the
dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
What a comfort that Jesus fulfills the Law, so we don't have to.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Not so much Jesus per se, but Jesus' death fulfilled the Law. The prescribed penalty for transgression (death) was paid; the Law was fulfilled.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To the OP, no. Torah says that the Law for Jews is "forever", "perpetual", etc. Gentiles, otoh, are not bound by Jewish Law.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
The video gets off to a bad start by referring to the eternal covenant as "The Old Covenant." I feel this completely undermines Christology. Jesus in the gospels refers to old and new treasures but not old covenants. Treasure retains its value, but perishables do not. It seems like evidence this person is using word forms but does not have any idea what he is talking about. There have always been such people, and I am not saying that he intends harm. He seems though to be very well paid for not knowing what he is talking about.

1:20 uses the terms 'Sacrifice' and 'Blood' and says that the censor with incense in it which "Symbolizes the prayers of the high priest for his nation." He is willing to admit that the incense is symbolic, but what about the blood? What does he think about that? What does he think about the sacrifice?

2:08 "Jesus has the right to pray for us only because he has made the appropriate sacrifice." Again, the pastor with forty years experience preaching demonstrates not knowing what he is talking about. He has the word forms down but he makes the arbitrary choice to call the censor symbolic but not the sacrifice. So...Jesus only has the right to pray because of a sacrifice? What about the censor? A knowledgeable person would be able to explain, but this person avoids the subject instead staying safe in the harbor of the word forms he has been told. He should not be teaching this material.

2:55 refers to 'The priestly work of our Lord, Jesus Christ' yet seems not to know the function of a priest. I respect his ability to get paid for this. Says Hebrews is an "Amazing book." No doubt!

3:25 reads from Hebrews 9 "...and not through the blood of goats and calves but through his own blood..." but does not know what he is talking about. Its astonishing, but this is his job. He does this week after week. This is what substitutes for teaching these days and winds up in our Christology Dir.

:oops: How am I supposed to face people who are actual Bible students when this stuff is held up as representative of Christology? It was taught to me the same way but by money grubbing fake miracle working ignorant clods. Magic blood? Are we Egyptians again? Please stop posting videos by this man. Please.