• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus, the Christ?

Yerda

Veteran Member
Muslim Communist said:
Also forgot to mention/confirm that Jesus' birth was devine and his mother was Mary. Everything about Jesus is true except for whatever is not written in the Holy Qur'an.
Does it mention whether he had a beard or not?

mormonman said:
How do you, bloodlord, have the gaul to say these things about Christ? W/o his atonement, you, and I for that matter, would go straight to hell. Christ is the Son of God and should be treated as such. I would love to see you give your life to the service of your fellow beings. I would also love to see you try to take on the sins of the world upon yourself to save the human race from eternal damnation. In that in mind, put a cork in it.

better a exciting a painful hell, then a boring peaceful heaven

blood-lord14 said:
yes the works of god are very selfish but hey look at the bright side
i'm the only one to actually notice that fault of "holy" life of a liar
your god is nothing more than a mistake created by a group of liars and believers who decided to dedicate their lifes into the absurd lies of biblical events.....jesus was a drunky,jesus is stupid and evil,jesus will not succeed against me.
He already has, and either say something worth our listening to or shutup because your making yourself look like a fool and you havent really done to much to defend your religion other than bash Jesus(peace be unto him).

Sonic247

There is only one God. The prophets said how he would come to earth.

Zechariah2:10- Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

Jesus is the Lord, he created everything.

Sonic247 said:
There is only one God. The prophets said how he would come to earth.

Zechariah2:10- Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

Jesus is the Lord, he created everything.
I think youve mis-interpreted this scripture. When Zachariah wrote this he was talking about how God would deliver His message through the Prophets, not directly and all at once but piece by piece through the Three Holy Books. Also notice he says "and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee", this clearly tells us that God wont come down to Earth but instead will send someone in His place. For the specific event Zachariah 2:10 describes the one sent is the Messiah, Jesus Christ (peace be on his name). However he's isnt the Son of God and cant be because their can only be one God.

TheGreaterGame

Is Jesus the Messiah?

Yes, if we are to take eye witness accounts and the early history of the Church and the bible for what they claim . . . then yes Jesus is the Messiah. The biblical prophecies have been fulfilled in numerous ways. There are so many, but the most convincing arguements are the incarnation, the miracles of Christ, the foreordained death of Christ, his ressurection, and ascension. These are the reported historical events that historians recorded . . . over 500 witnesses according to the Apostle Paul saw a living Jesus after his physical death. Keep this in mind . . . if you can not disprove anything with absoulte certainty-- then its possible. Christ being the Son of God is real good possiblity.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Possibility, not absolute, my good chum. The witnesses saw what they thought was jesus. We can't prove that it actually was him. History suggests that that could have been a case of mistaken identity and perhaps a plot to make Jesus seem as though he was resurrected. Of course, it also says many things that can contradict Christian teachings. This isn't to say that Jesus isn't a great man, a great rabbi and one of the greatest figures in history. To make him anymore than this seems a bit unnecessary, unless you believe Jesus being divine so strongly.

Yasin

Peace to all,

As a Muslim i believe that Jesus (pbuh) was the messiah (creek-Christos).
No one can be a muslim unless they believes in Christ, Islam is the only non-Christian faith which makes it a article of faith to believe in Jesus Christ (pbuh)......and according to the Bible the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is a Prophet of God......Beloved, believe not every Spirt, but try the spirt whether they are of God: because many false Prophets are gone out into the World. 1 John 4:1

Now apply the test to Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)

Hereby know ye the spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God. 1 John 4:2

In the result of this Prophet (Muhammed) (pbuh) coming now over billion Muslims in the world believe in Jesus (pbuh) to be the Christ, without the Christian faith having to convincing him or them.

Ps. in order to understand the two verses take the spirt to have the same meaning as Prophet (as the fist verse indicates, Spirit=Prophet)

Respectively, Yasin:bounce

TheGreaterGame

muichimotsu said:
Possibility, not absolute, my good chum. The witnesses saw what they thought was jesus. We can't prove that it actually was him. History suggests that that could have been a case of mistaken identity and perhaps a plot to make Jesus seem as though he was resurrected. Of course, it also says many things that can contradict Christian teachings. This isn't to say that Jesus isn't a great man, a great rabbi and one of the greatest figures in history. To make him anymore than this seems a bit unnecessary, unless you believe Jesus being divine so strongly.
Lets say you had a freind and his name was Steve. Steve was a dear freind and you knew him for a period of 3 years or so. He was known very well by you and a great many other . . . Steve dies in a car wreck. You see it first hand . . . all of his freinds see it . . . Steve the guy we knew and loved is dead, blood and bone spattered everywhere. But then next week you see Steve alive and well, this was the same Steve you knew . . . but you saw him die, not just get banged up . . . but his brains knocked out and his heart had stopped beating . . . but the guy who stands now before you is the same Steve. Is it Steve or a psycotic episode . . . all of Steves old freind saw that he was dead, but now he's alive . . . Steve is alive. So now what do you do?

1. Steve never died . . . but he did die, because if you get your brains knocked out and your heart stops beating . . . you cease to live.

2. It wasn't Steve who died . . . but it was Steve, his freinds and family, not anothers, mourned his death and was without him until he rises from the dead.

3. Your hallucinating and this is all happening in your head because miracles don't happen or . . . .

4. Steve really died, Steve was really buried, and Steve really rose from the dead to live and breathe once more among the living . . . proving miracles do happen . . . anything is possible . . . even Jesus being the Son of God

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
TheGreaterGame said:
Keep this in mind . . . if you can not disprove anything with absoulte certainty-- then its possible.
And it is more than possible that the Jesus of scripture is absurd fable.

nutshell

Jayhawker Soule said:
No more possible than the possibility that the Jews missed the messiah and continue to do so.

fromthe heart

mormonman said:
How do you, bloodlord, have the gaul to say these things about Christ? W/o his atonement, you, and I for that matter, would go straight to hell. Christ is the Son of God and should be treated as such. I would love to see you give your life to the service of your fellow beings. I would also love to see you try to take on the sins of the world upon yourself to save the human race from eternal damnation. With that in mind, put a cork in it.
I think you handled that marvelously mormomman:clap ...If I could get my frubaler working I'd have frubaled you 4 times by now.

FFH

Veteran Member
The name Jesus means "Savior or Deliverer"
The word Christ means "The Annointed One"

Jesus Christ was annointed in the beginning of time to be our Savior and Deliverer from sin. He came to earth 2000 years ago to atone or take on the sins of men on earth if they but believed in him. The Jews were looking for a conquerer. They were looking for a man or Savior to Deliver them from the Roman rulers of that time. They were not looking for a deliverer to come and deliver them from their sins. They were looking for a Savior to come and deliver them from the Romans. They thought that they needed no deliverence from sin. They rejected their Messiah, who came and lived among them. The Jewish people will accept their Messiah, who has already come, at a later time in the very near future.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
This all depends on context. From Buddhist perspective, one sees Jesus as a Bodhisattva or Bosatsu perhaps. I can see him like that, that he achieved enlightenment but wanted others to find it as well, except he refers to Nirvana in a different sense. Some Christians make it so separate from Christianity that it's sickening. If Christians would at least see parallels to Buddhism and Christianity, then perhaps that would build some peace between them. That and Hinduism, especially, considering their concept of a singular God.

Yasin

TheGreaterGame said:
Is Jesus the Messiah?

Yes, if we are to take eye witness accounts and the early history of the Church and the bible for what they claim . . . then yes Jesus is the Messiah. The biblical prophecies have been fulfilled in numerous ways. There are so many, but the most convincing arguements are the incarnation, the miracles of Christ, the foreordained death of Christ, his ressurection, and ascension. These are the reported historical events that historians recorded . . . over 500 witnesses according to the Apostle Paul saw a living Jesus after his physical death. Keep this in mind . . . if you can not disprove anything with absoulte certainty-- then its possible. Christ being the Son of God is real good possiblity.
Exodus 4:22.
2 Samuel 7:13-14.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
TheGreaterGame said:
Jayhawker Souls said:
Why? What is so impossible about that . . .
Do not distort my words.

TheGreaterGame said:
. . . if there is a God then nothing is impossible.
I could not agree more. And to the extent that nothing is impossible, everything is coequally possible.

Muhhamad Abdul Salam said:
He already has, and either say something worth our listening to or shutup because your making yourself look like a fool and you havent really done to much to defend your religion other than bash Jesus(peace be unto him).

your words have no value or reason
i dont need god to smite you
all i need is a grand sized flood
or maybe even a forest fire
a hurricane maybe
nature will always be better then you
so dont test the bloodlord
who is really the righteous one.

mormonman

Ammon is awesome
u know what sucks bloodlord God controls nature. Anyway if u do "control" nature I live in Ohio ya might as well take out the whole state, because I'm testing you...hahahah...your funny