• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus the Archangel Michael ?

74x12

Again I believe there is no Biblical evidence to support this theory and repeating it doesn't make it true.
Maybe you don't understand me? I got it all from the scriptures.
I do not believe so because Jesus is still in the flesh so the victory continues.
Yes, the flesh rose from the dead. So of course He is in the flesh which has been transformed and glorified.
I believe there is enough evidence to support that the Spirit was with the flesh when Jesus was born.
I agree.
The body dies because there was no Spirit within to help sustain life.
I agree.
There is no Biblical evidence for this but it stands to reason that the Spirit resurrected the body and re-incarnated it.
There is Biblical evidence. Romans 8:11 . BTW reincarnation doesn't have anything to do with this? Not sure if you meant something else.
I believe you should be aware that flesh that can last forever is what eternal life is all about.
You're right. However it must be changed. (Philippians 3:21) Jesus was created a Mortal but through the resurrection He is immortal and glorified.

I believe that is not Biblical or logical. Jesus is not Spirit but is Spirit and flesh. The Spirit has always existed but the flesh had to be created since Mary was a virgin and could not have produced a child from an egg without some kind of creation taking place. However the angel did not announce that an angel would be born to Mary.
What scripture exactly indicates to you that an angel would be born to Mary?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Alright so Jehovah Witnessess believe Jesus is creation while actual followers of Jesus believe He is God in the flesh, the creator, which was believed by the first disciples of Christ and the early church. But let me give you an argument as to why Jesus is creator and not creation which can not be denied.
Let me start of by saying a being is either creator or creation. Now in the beginning God spoke creation into existence, He created the universe by His Word: and in the bible(even the JW bible) it says Jesus is the Word that was in the beginning with God (John 1:1). So God created the universe by His Word (Jesus Christ), which means Jesus is not creation, but Creator: and therefore being God; and is not Michael the archangel, who is a part of creation and who Jesus Himself created.

I believe this is basically true in essence but with the amalgamation of Spirit and flesh in Jesus they are one being. The flesh by itself can't be God and God by Himself can't be flesh but the twain are joined in one being.

The word was in the beginning but not Jesus because Jesus came into being when the Word became flesh.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us ...

I believe you conclusion is incorrect because your premises are incorrect.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Maybe you don't understand me? I got it all from the scriptures.

Yes, the flesh rose from the dead. So of course He is in the flesh which has been transformed and glorified.

I agree.

I agree.

There is Biblical evidence. Romans 8:11 . BTW reincarnation doesn't have anything to do with this? Not sure if you meant something else.

You're right. However it must be changed. (Philippians 3:21) Jesus was created a Mortal but through the resurrection He is immortal and glorified.

What scripture exactly indicates to you that an angel would be born to Mary?

I believe people get all kinds of nonsense from scriptures but that doesn't mean the nonsense is legitimately derived.

I believe you missed my "not."

I believe there is evidence that the Spirit resurrected Jesus but there is no reference in that verse to "breathing." That appears to be an assumption you made.

I believe you have tunnel vision on this.Rreincarnation isn't something the Hindus own and their version isn't even correct. A reincarnation takes place whenever a spirit formerly inhabiting a body inhabits the same body after leaving it or a new body. In the case of Jesus it is the same body remodeled and there is Biblical evidence that His Spirit left the body before it died.

74x12

I believe people get all kinds of nonsense from scriptures but that doesn't mean the nonsense is legitimately derived.
So you believe I am saying nonsense?
I believe you missed my "not."
True.
I believe there is evidence that the Spirit resurrected Jesus but there is no reference in that verse to "breathing." That appears to be an assumption you made.
You're missing the literal interpretation of "Spirit" in Greek or Hebrew. The literal meaning is Breath/Wind.

רוּחַ rûwach, roo'-akh; from H7306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):—air, anger, blast, breath, × cool, courage, mind, ×quarter, × side, spirit(-ual), tempest, × vain, (whirl-) wind(-y).

πνεῦμα pneûma, pnyoo'-mah; from G4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:—ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.

I believe you have tunnel vision on this.Rreincarnation isn't something the Hindus own and their version isn't even correct. A reincarnation takes place whenever a spirit formerly inhabiting a body inhabits the same body after leaving it or a new body. In the case of Jesus it is the same body remodeled and there is Biblical evidence that His Spirit left the body before it died.
I was just going by the dictionary defintion of reincarnation which is the rebirth of a soul in a new body. As you were saying before, when someone is resurrected their old fleshly bodies are transformed rather than done away with. However, this is really a non-issue.

I believe this is basically true in essence but with the amalgamation of Spirit and flesh in Jesus they are one being. The flesh by itself can't be God and God by Himself can't be flesh but the twain are joined in one being.

The word was in the beginning but not Jesus because Jesus came into being when the Word became flesh.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us ...

I believe you conclusion is incorrect because your premises are incorrect.
I agree that Jesus in the flesh was not in the beginning; I was just trying to show that preincarnate Jesus (The Word)was in the beginning and is God himself: not an archangel. Jesus was both God and man. God in the Spirit, and man in the flesh.