• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus the Archangel Michael ?

There's a lot of thoughts on this issue from the yes side and the no, but let me share with you what Jehovah shared with me through holy spirit. Jehovah God is the Supreme ruler the Alpha and Omega the King of the Universe right. Then who is the son of the King called ? Naturally the son of the King is called the Prince, and not just any son can be in line for kingship only the first born. Who's the only one Jehovah called his son and firstborn? Matthew 3 : 16 - 17 states 16) After being baptized, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him. 17 Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” Hebrews 1 : 5 - 6 states For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”? And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”? 6 But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.” As you see here Jesus meets all the requirements, but how is he Michael the Arch Angel you say well lets see. In Joshua 5 : 14 - 15 it states 14 To this he said: “No, but I have come as prince of Jehovah’s army.” With that Joshua fell with his face to the ground and prostrated himself and said to him: “What does my lord have to say to his servant?” 15 The prince of Jehovah’s army replied to Joshua: “Remove your sandals from your feet, because the place where you are standing is holy.” At once Joshua did so. I showed you this scripture because I wanted you to see an appearance that this Prince of Jehovah's army made in the old testament. You know Archangel means Chief Angel now lets see what this Chief Angel does in Revelations 12 : 7 - 9 it states 7) And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. Now this Chief angel threw satan and his demons out of heaven now the only one that can exercise some of the Kings authority would be his Son the Prince now lets see how Daniel brings everything together. In the opening of Daniel 12 : 1 it states 12) “During that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. As you can see the bible calls Michael the Great prince and the Prince is the Son of the King and there's only one that Jehovah directly calls his son. Jesus Christ the Nazarene.

Michael in Hebrew means "one who is like God". Michael was the chief angel, but angel means messenger. It's a job description and not a type of creature as the J.W,'s claim. My J.W. friend failed to include a few other references that should help solidify that Michael is simply another name for the Son of God.

In the verse in Joshua he asserts that he is the leader of God's army. In Revelation we have the leader of God's army and says the following:

REVELATION 19 : 13 "he is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God."

You also have the burning bush that describes the one inside the bush as both an angel (messenger) and God and says exactly what the messenger in the verse from Joshua says: "take off your sandals, you are on holy ground. We know that Jesus was the Old testament God.

1 CORINTHIANS 10 : 3&4 "They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ."

In Daniel, Gabriel tells Daniel that he was delayed but was helped by:

DANIEL 10 : 13 "Then Michael one of the chief princes, came to help me."

In Hebrew a plural without a number is assumed as TWO. The Father is the king of his kingdom and the Holy Spirit and Jesus are the Princes. This should raise the hairs on the back of the neck of my J.W. brother. Yes there is a trinity!

Yes, he is called the firstborn of creation. He was the first to be REBORN! As Jesus said you had to be born again with the knowledge of what God is really like. The whole world was worshiping pagan gods including the Jews. The Jews asked for a pagan god at Mount Sinai and he obliged them by becoming the god they desired. The problem is Satan has used this picture of a god to deceive the entire world.

Regarding the war in heaven. The word war is translated from a Greek word meaning an aggressive refuting of one's ideas or principles. It said the war was fought by Jesus and his messengers (Prophets). They along with Jesus would tell the truth about God's true character. As he said:

JOHN 5 : 43 "I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me"

Name in Hebrew is one's character. If you don't have access to a Greek translation simply go to Exodus 34:6 where Moses asks God his name. God tells him his character.

whirlingmerc

no

Michael would not rebuke Satan in Jude
Jesus did rebuke Satan

additionally in each of the passages which discussed Jesus and Michael side by side there is no connection explicitly drawn (i.e. Revelation, Jude and Thessalonians)
Jesus comes with the clouds and the voice of an archangel and the trumpet of God.... well... that doesn't mean Jesus is an archangel or a trumpet because he comes with them.... he comes with believers who died as well

Michael is 'one of the chief angels' in Daniel I think that's too small of a description for Jesus
Prince of princes in Daniel might be a bettier term for Jesus as Princes are angels men and demons in Daniel and the Prince of princes is above them all and yet son of the ultimate King, the son of God himself

Muffled

Jesus in me
There's a lot of thoughts on this issue from the yes side and the no, but let me share with you what Jehovah shared with me through holy spirit. Jehovah God is the Supreme ruler the Alpha and Omega the King of the Universe right. Then who is the son of the King called ? Naturally the son of the King is called the Prince, and not just any son can be in line for kingship only the first born. Who's the only one Jehovah called his son and firstborn? Matthew 3 : 16 - 17 states 16) After being baptized, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him. 17 Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” Hebrews 1 : 5 - 6 states For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”? And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”? 6 But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.” As you see here Jesus meets all the requirements, but how is he Michael the Arch Angel you say well lets see. In Joshua 5 : 14 - 15 it states 14 To this he said: “No, but I have come as prince of Jehovah’s army.” With that Joshua fell with his face to the ground and prostrated himself and said to him: “What does my lord have to say to his servant?” 15 The prince of Jehovah’s army replied to Joshua: “Remove your sandals from your feet, because the place where you are standing is holy.” At once Joshua did so. I showed you this scripture because I wanted you to see an appearance that this Prince of Jehovah's army made in the old testament. You know Archangel means Chief Angel now lets see what this Chief Angel does in Revelations 12 : 7 - 9 it states 7) And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. Now this Chief angel threw satan and his demons out of heaven now the only one that can exercise some of the Kings authority would be his Son the Prince now lets see how Daniel brings everything together. In the opening of Daniel 12 : 1 it states 12) “During that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. As you can see the bible calls Michael the Great prince and the Prince is the Son of the King and there's only one that Jehovah directly calls his son. Jesus Christ the Nazarene.

I believe there is a story about the prince and the pauper. I guess the prince in that story must be an angel.

I believe I have seen a lot of nonsense from JW's but this one takes the cake.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Michael in Hebrew means "one who is like God". Michael was the chief angel, but angel means messenger. It's a job description and not a type of creature as the J.W,'s claim. My J.W. friend failed to include a few other references that should help solidify that Michael is simply another name for the Son of God.

In the verse in Joshua he asserts that he is the leader of God's army. In Revelation we have the leader of God's army and says the following:

REVELATION 19 : 13 "he is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God."

You also have the burning bush that describes the one inside the bush as both an angel (messenger) and God and says exactly what the messenger in the verse from Joshua says: "take off your sandals, you are on holy ground. We know that Jesus was the Old testament God.

1 CORINTHIANS 10 : 3&4 "They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ."

In Daniel, Gabriel tells Daniel that he was delayed but was helped by:

DANIEL 10 : 13 "Then Michael one of the chief princes, came to help me."

In Hebrew a plural without a number is assumed as TWO. The Father is the king of his kingdom and the Holy Spirit and Jesus are the Princes. This should raise the hairs on the back of the neck of my J.W. brother. Yes there is a trinity!

Yes, he is called the firstborn of creation. He was the first to be REBORN! As Jesus said you had to be born again with the knowledge of what God is really like. The whole world was worshiping pagan gods including the Jews. The Jews asked for a pagan god at Mount Sinai and he obliged them by becoming the god they desired. The problem is Satan has used this picture of a god to deceive the entire world.

Regarding the war in heaven. The word war is translated from a Greek word meaning an aggressive refuting of one's ideas or principles. It said the war was fought by Jesus and his messengers (Prophets). They along with Jesus would tell the truth about God's true character. As he said:

JOHN 5 : 43 "I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me"

Name in Hebrew is one's character. If you don't have access to a Greek translation simply go to Exodus 34:6 where Moses asks God his name. God tells him his character.

I believe that is way out of context. One might as well say any prince is an angel or even that God is an angel. It still adds up to nonsense.

The Holy Bottom Burp

There's a lot of thoughts on this issue from the yes side and the no, but let me share with you what Jehovah shared with me through holy spirit. Jehovah God is the Supreme ruler the Alpha and Omega the King of the Universe right. Then who is the son of the King called ? Naturally the son of the King is called the Prince, and not just any son can be in line for kingship only the first born. Who's the only one Jehovah called his son and firstborn? Matthew 3 : 16 - 17 states 16) After being baptized, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him. 17 Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” Hebrews 1 : 5 - 6 states For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”? And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”? 6 But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

So what does Jesus mean to JWs, a created being albeit an "exalted" created being? Do you think the Archangel Michael was a sacrifice made by Jehovah to rescue mankind, to redeem fallen humanity? How does the sacrificial nature of the crucifixion play out in a JW's mind?

Yhwhsaves Theless

Every man and woman who worships, serves the most high a
Is Jesus the Archangel Michael ?

I see them as separate players on the same team.
A king can have 1,000,000,000,000+ children, all of which would be called Prince or princess. Yeshua is the only one who holds Devine right to the throne of our true Abba in heaven. Yeshua had to be birthed of a virgin for spiritual reason I am unable to explain due to this being a reply. We are an extension of our father and as so the riotous will be one with our father as one ( one body) with our brother and king Yeshua. Michael is an angel, a being the has been with our lord in existence long before the lord created the earth and created men and women out of the image of himself and his angels. Michael is the Prince of the Lord's ARMY ( second in command next to Yhwh, the most high). Michael was the angle the lord used to comand the army of angels who threw belelzzebubb, bel-el, the satin, out of heaven.

djhwoodwerks

Michael is ONE of the chief princes, which means there are more than ONE prince, which means there are more than ONE son of God?

Daniel 10:13 (ESV Strong's) 13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia,

Faithofchristian

Nice try, but what you said does not prove Jesus as the Archangel.
All you gave is your Theory of Assumption.
that proves nothing, only that your twisting scriptures into saying what you want the scriptures to say, just to back up your theology and that's all.

I would like for you to notice in that of Daniel 12:1 Michael stand up ,
the great prince"

Notice prince has a lower case ( p )
and not a higher case ( P ) signifying someone as lease importance.
and the higher case ( P ) signifying someone of a much importance.

Notice in Isaiah 9:6 "The Prince of Peace"
Has a higher case ( P ) signifying a person of greater importance. Than the one in Daniel 12:1 which has a lower case ( p )
Signifying a person of lesser importance.

Likewise also in Daniel 9:25,26, Notice in Verse 25 Messiah the Prince has a higher case ( P ) signifying a person of great importance than the one in Verse 26 which has a lower case ( p ) signifying a person of a lesser of importance.

Therefore in Daniel 12:1 Michael the great prince, can not be Christ Jesus for it has a lower case ( p ) signifying a person of a lesser of importance.
If this was to be Christ Jesus it would a higher case ( P ) signifying a person of a much higher importance.

In the scriptures you will a good being talk about, which is not the Almighty God.

Which it has a lower case ( g ) showing it is a lesser god, than the higher case ( G ) signifying the Almighty God of a much great importance.

The lower case ( g ) are those little gods that are trying to be the higher case ( G )
God, The Lord God Almighty.

And the same with the lower case (prince)
And the same with the higher case (Prince)

That are indicating two different
(prince) (Prince) in being talk about.
One lesser and one higher.

Therefore Michael the Archangel can not be Christ Jesus, otherwise it would have a higher case ( P ) indicating a much higher importance.

Last edited:

JesusBeliever

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD ; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:10-11

The first time this word is used is in Genesis 2:7:

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7

The Lord Jesus said,

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:10-14

May peace be with you all.

Muffled

Jesus in me
"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD ; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:10-11

The first time this word is used is in Genesis 2:7:

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7

The Lord Jesus said,

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:10-14

May peace be with you all.

I have said this on another thread but you might have missed it. Just because other gods are formed does not mean that YHVH was formed.

The Hebrew Writer Specifically and clearly denies that Jesus The Christ ,The only begotten of the Father was an angel Let alone an archangel.

Read again slowly

Hebrews 1 : 5 - 6 , to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father. This is a question imposed on the read. If Jesus was an archangel then the answer to the question would have been , Oh that angel over there,That one. But that was not the case You see. The scripture implies that none of the angels did the Majesty on High say you are my Son this day I have begotten you. So that Clearly demonstrates that Jesus was not an angel or archangel.

Second
The same with Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Same here This is a question imposed on the read. If Jesus was an archangel then the answer to the question would have been , Oh that angel over there,That one. But that was not the case You see. The scripture implies that none of the angels did the Majesty on High say sit at my right had until I make your enemies your foot stool So that Clearly demonstrates that Jesus was not an angel or archangel.

Third

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. You see Jesus was Made. (That word means Came into existence) Consistent with John 1:1 In the beginning was the word. And 1 John 1:1 The which was from the beginning. The word had a beginning . Rev 3:14 Jesus says he was the beginning of Gods creation.

Why was Jesus Name more excellent.? Because he was the only Heir
Heb 1:5 Heb 1:2 John 3:16 and many others

Since the word is such that Jesus is made better than the angels. That exempts him from being an angel. How does it exempt him. The writer says by inheritance. You see
Heb 1:2 Heb 1:4 appointed heir of all things. An heir signifies an offspring. In this case Gods only offspring Thus John 3:16 Only begotten on Again Heb 1:6 First begotten and many other scriptures. Thus Jesus is the only Heir. For God created Jesus and only him. If he is the only heir then hes the first thing The Majesty on High created and the Last Thing created. That makes him unique one of a kind ,Thus better than the angels.If you are the first of something and the last that makes you the only. The first and the last. The beginning and the end The alpha and omega are all figures of speech that signify the singular position of ONLY. The Majesty On High is the only God there is Isa 46:9 Im God theres none else Im God There none like me. Again Deu 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:That makes him the alpha and omega,first and the last ,the beginning and the end. If you are the beginning of something and the end that makes you the only..

Example If you have an empty table and you place a glass of water on it. That makes it the first glass of water on the table . If no more are added, then it also makes the first glass of water the last glass of water. Now if that Glass of water is the first Glass and also the last Glass then it makes it the only glass on the Table.

You see they are all figures of speech As you know the Bible is full of figures of speech metaphors. Example eat my flesh drink my blood. If your eye offend you pluck it out.If your hand offend you cut it off.

Jesus being the only Son of God and the only heir. The beginning of Gods creation and the last direct creation .
Rev 3:14 For Eph 3:9 and Col 1:16 says God instructed Jesus to creation everything else.
That makes him the alpha and omega,first and the last ,the beginning and the end. If you are the beginning of something and the end that makes you the only. The first and the last thing God directly created. Thats why Its a Father ans Son Team.

So the terms alpha and omega,first and the last ,the beginning and the end are figures of Speech. Apply to Both to The Majesty on High and the only begotten Son

Then as
Eph 3:9 Says To make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world was hid in God who created all thing by Jesus Christ

So we see The majesty on High created Jesus and Jesus created everything else. Col 1:16 Jesus created the angels and all the world we see.

Fourth
Heb 2:5
For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. We see here it clearly says angels are not in control of the world to come. Since we know that Jesus will be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords having full authority We can conclude his is not and Angel or an archangel For he says None of the angels has he put in subjection the world to come.

What does Jesus inherit.
Dan 7:14-14 Jer 23:5-6 A kingdom that will never pass away. Angel do not inherit a Kingdom that will never pass away.

Hebrews 1st chapter demonstrates Jesus as exclusively unique and priviledged above the Angels but below the Majesty on high

You see Jesus is not and angel.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Nice try, but what you said does not prove Jesus as the Archangel.
All you gave is your Theory of Assumption.
that proves nothing, only that your twisting scriptures into saying what you want the scriptures to say, just to back up your theology and that's all.

I would like for you to notice in that of Daniel 12:1 Michael stand up ,
the great prince"

Notice prince has a lower case ( p )
and not a higher case ( P ) signifying someone as lease importance.
and the higher case ( P ) signifying someone of a much importance.

Notice in Isaiah 9:6 "The Prince of Peace"
Has a higher case ( P ) signifying a person of greater importance. Than the one in Daniel 12:1 which has a lower case ( p )
Signifying a person of lesser importance.

Likewise also in Daniel 9:25,26, Notice in Verse 25 Messiah the Prince has a higher case ( P ) signifying a person of great importance than the one in Verse 26 which has a lower case ( p ) signifying a person of a lesser of importance.

Therefore in Daniel 12:1 Michael the great prince, can not be Christ Jesus for it has a lower case ( p ) signifying a person of a lesser of importance.
If this was to be Christ Jesus it would a higher case ( P ) signifying a person of a much higher importance.

In the scriptures you will a good being talk about, which is not the Almighty God.

Which it has a lower case ( g ) showing it is a lesser god, than the higher case ( G ) signifying the Almighty God of a much great importance.

The lower case ( g ) are those little gods that are trying to be the higher case ( G )
God, The Lord God Almighty.

And the same with the lower case (prince)
And the same with the higher case (Prince)

That are indicating two different
(prince) (Prince) in being talk about.
One lesser and one higher.

Therefore Michael the Archangel can not be Christ Jesus, otherwise it would have a higher case ( P ) indicating a much higher importance.

I believe that can't be in the text but must be a problem of translation since English does not have a word for supreme being so god doesn't cut it since it could mean any god so we capitalize it as "God" so that we understand it to mean supreme being. I believe the capitalizing of prince falls into the same category. I think the Hebrew doesn't have a word for supreme being either and they just figure it out by context.