• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus God?

mehrosh

My Dear Christian Friends...i call you to the truth, Do not associate anyone with the One Who has created you...He is One...He niether Begets Nor is He Begotten...

Without a doubt, you have often heard the claim that Jesus is God, the second person in the "Holy Trinity." However, the very ible which is used as a basis for knowledge about Jesus and as the basis for doctrine within Christianity clearly belies this claim[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]I urge you to consult your own Bible and verify that the following conclusions are not drawn out of context[font=Arial (Arabic)]:

[/font]God is All Knowing... Jesus was not[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]When speaking of the Day of Judgment, Jesus clearly gave evidence of a limitation on his knowledge when he said, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in Heaven, neither the son, but the father." (Mark 13:32, and Matt. 24:36) But God knows all. His knowledge is without any limitations. That Jesus, of his own admission, did not know when the day of judgment would be, is clear proof that Jesus is not all-knowing, and that Jesus is therefore not God[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]God is All-Powerful... Jesus was not[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]While Jesus performed many miracles, he himself admitted that the power he had was not his own but was derived from God when he said, "Verily, verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the father do..." (John 5:19) Again he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing: As I hear I judge, and my judgment is just because I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which has sent me." (John 5:30) But God is not only All-Powerful, He is also the source all power and authority. That Jesus, of his own admission, could do nothing on his own is clear proof that Jesus is not all-powerful, and that therefore Jesus is not God[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]God does not have a God[font=Arial (Arabic)] ?

[/font]God does not have a God....But Jesus did have a God. God is the ultimate judge and refuge for all, and He does not call upon nor pray to any others. But Jesus acknowledged that there was One whom he worshipped and to Whom he prayed when he said, "I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God." (John 20:17) He is also reported to have cried out while on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46) If Jesus were God, then couldn't this be read, "Myself, myself, why hast thou forsaken me?" Would that not be pure nonsense? When Jesus prayed the Lord's Prayer (Luke 11:2-4), was he praying to himself? When in the garden of Gethsemane he prayed, "O my father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: Nevertheless, not as I will but as thou wilt." (Matt. 26:36-39) Was Jesus praying to himself? That Jesus, of his own admission and by his own actions, acknowledged, worshipped, and prayed to another being as God is clear proof that Jesus himself is not God[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]God is Invisible[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]According to the Bible, God is an invisible spirit.... But Jesus was flesh and blood. While thousands saw Jesus and heard his voice, Jesus himself said that this could not be done with God when he said: "No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18) "Ye have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His shape." (John 5:37) He also said in John 4:24: "God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." That Jesus would say that no one had seen or heard God at any time, while his followers both saw and heard him, is clear proof that Jesus was not God[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]No one is Greater than GOD[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]No one is greater than God and no one can direct him....But Jesus acknowledged someone greater than himself whose will was distinct from his own. Perhaps the clearest indication we have that Jesus and God are not equal, and therefore not one and the same, come again from the mouth of Jesus himself who said in John 14:28: "My Father is greater than I." When someone referred to him as good master in Luke 18:19, Jesus responded: "Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God..." furthermore, Jesus drew clear distinctions between himself and God when he said, "I proceeded forth and came from God, neither came I of myself but He sent me." (John 8:42) Jesus gave clear evidence of his subordination to God, rather than his equality with God, when he said in Luke 22:42, "not my will but Thine be done" and in John 5:30, "I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which has sent me." That Jesus would admit that he did not come into the world on his own initiative but was directed to do so, that he would acknowledge another being as greater than himself, and that he would negate his own will in deference to affirming the will of another, give clear proof that Jesus is not the Supreme One and therefore Jesus is not God[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]

mehrosh

Conclusion on Jesus[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]The Church recognizes the Bible as the primary source of knowledge about God and Jesus. But since the Bible makes it clear that Jesus is not the Supreme Being and the Supreme Being is not Jesus, upon what basis have you come to believe otherwise[font=Arial (Arabic)]?

[/font]I invite you to investigate the religion of Islam[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]Word of God about Jesus[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]A. REGARDING THE SONSHIP OF JESUS[font=Arial (Arabic)]
"
[/font]That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him! When He decrees a thing, He but says to it 'Be', and it is." (Qur'an 19:34, 35[font=Arial (Arabic)])

"
[/font]And they say, 'the All-Merciful has taken unto Himself a son.' You have indeed advanced something hideous. The heavens are well nigh rent of it and the earth split asunder, and the mountains well nigh fall down crashing for that they have attributed to the All-Merciful a son; and it behooves not the All-Merciful to take a son. None is there in the heavens and earth but he comes to the All-Merciful as a servant." (Qur'an 19:88-93[font=Arial (Arabic)])

"
[/font]Truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight, is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then said He unto him, 'Be', and he was." (Qur'an 3:59[font=Arial (Arabic)])

"
[/font]People of the Book, go not beyond the bounds in your religion, and say not as to God but the Truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only the Messenger of God, and His Word that He committed to Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers, and say not, 'Three.' Refrain; better is it for you. God is only One God. Glory be to Him - that He should have a son! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth; God suffices for a guardian." (Qur'an 4:171[font=Arial (Arabic)])

[/font]B. REGARDING JESUS BEING GOD[font=Arial (Arabic)]

"
[/font]And when God said, 'O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God?"' He said, 'To You be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, You knew it, knowing what is within my soul, and I do not know what is within Your soul; You know the things unseen. I only said to them what You did command me: "Serve God, my Lord and your Lord." And I was a witness over them, while I remained among them; but when You did take me to Yourself the Watcher over them; You are the witness of everything.'" (Qur'an 5:116, 117[font=Arial (Arabic)])

[/font]C. REGARDING CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS

[font=Arial (Arabic)]"[/font]And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a mighty calumny, and for their saying, 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God'...yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him surely are in doubt regarding him, they have no knowledge of him, except the following of surmise; and they did not slay him of certainty...no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, All-Wise. There is not one of the People of the Book but will assuredly believe in him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day, he will be a witness against them." (Qur'an 4:156-159[font=Arial (Arabic)])

[/font]My Dear Friends...Come to the Truth, Come to the Truth...Save yourself From Fire

Testify that there is No God but God and Jesus is His Slave and Messenger

Ronald

I agree Yeshua is not God. But Yeshua was and is the son of God. The Word of God/Aleph & Tav, the beginning and the end. Qur'an and the New Testament are bent in the direction of the bearer.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
mehrosh said:
Conclusion on Jesus[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]The Church recognizes the Bible as the primary source of knowledge about God and Jesus. But since the Bible makes it clear that Jesus is not the Supreme Being and the Supreme Being is not Jesus, upon what basis have you come to believe otherwise[font=Arial (Arabic)]?

[/font]I invite you to investigate the religion of Islam[font=Arial (Arabic)].

[/font]Word of God about Jesus[font=Arial (Arabic)]

[/font]A. REGARDING THE SONSHIP OF JESUS[font=Arial (Arabic)]
"
[/font]That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him! When He decrees a thing, He but says to it 'Be', and it is." (Qur'an 19:34, 35[font=Arial (Arabic)])

"
[/font]And they say, 'the All-Merciful has taken unto Himself a son.' You have indeed advanced something hideous. The heavens are well nigh rent of it and the earth split asunder, and the mountains well nigh fall down crashing for that they have attributed to the All-Merciful a son; and it behooves not the All-Merciful to take a son. None is there in the heavens and earth but he comes to the All-Merciful as a servant." (Qur'an 19:88-93[font=Arial (Arabic)])

"
[/font]Truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight, is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then said He unto him, 'Be', and he was." (Qur'an 3:59[font=Arial (Arabic)])

"
[/font]People of the Book, go not beyond the bounds in your religion, and say not as to God but the Truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only the Messenger of God, and His Word that He committed to Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers, and say not, 'Three.' Refrain; better is it for you. God is only One God. Glory be to Him - that He should have a son! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth; God suffices for a guardian." (Qur'an 4:171[font=Arial (Arabic)])

[/font]B. REGARDING JESUS BEING GOD[font=Arial (Arabic)]

"
[/font]And when God said, 'O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God?"' He said, 'To You be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, You knew it, knowing what is within my soul, and I do not know what is within Your soul; You know the things unseen. I only said to them what You did command me: "Serve God, my Lord and your Lord." And I was a witness over them, while I remained among them; but when You did take me to Yourself the Watcher over them; You are the witness of everything.'" (Qur'an 5:116, 117[font=Arial (Arabic)])

[/font]C. REGARDING CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS

[font=Arial (Arabic)]"[/font]And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a mighty calumny, and for their saying, 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God'...yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him surely are in doubt regarding him, they have no knowledge of him, except the following of surmise; and they did not slay him of certainty...no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, All-Wise. There is not one of the People of the Book but will assuredly believe in him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day, he will be a witness against them." (Qur'an 4:156-159[font=Arial (Arabic)])

[/font]My Dear Friends...Come to the Truth, Come to the Truth...Save yourself From Fire

Testify that there is No God but God and Jesus is His Slave and Messenger
Read John 1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the Word became flesh and dwelled among us."

Squirt

sojourner said:
Read John 1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the Word became flesh and dwelled among us."
How did "the Word" manage to become flesh and dwell among us while "God" remained in Heaven?

mehrosh

sojourner said:
This is a degradation to God calling Him a Word and then Flesh....

Jesus was God Messenger who was send to the Earth to Preach that He is One and Eternal....This is the Same message all the Prophets came with...Adam, Naoh, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammed...Peace and Blessing be upon them All...

sojourner

mehrosh said:
This is a degradation to God calling Him a Word and then Flesh....

Jesus was God Messenger who was send to the Earth to Preach that He is One and Eternal....This is the Same message all the Prophets came with...Adam, Naoh, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammed...Peace and Blessing be upon them All...
That's not what the Bible says, from which we formulate our theology. The Bible says that the Word was with God and the Word was God, and then goes on to say that the Word became flesh. It's metaphorical, poetic language to explain how God is not only transcendent, but immanent. "Emmanuel...God with us." It's not a degradation of God, but a way to show that God's love for us is very powerful.

Jesus didn't preach that God is One and Eternal. Jesus preached that the kingdom of God has come near.

sojourner

Squirt said:
How did "the Word" manage to become flesh and dwell among us while "God" remained in Heaven?
I dunno. I didn't do it. That's why it's a mystery. All I know is that it happened. The best I can do is that God the Father remained in heaven. God the Son became flesh, through the power of God the Holy Spirit. Three distinct Persons -- one distinct God. Heady stuff, huh?

Ronald

mehrosh said:
Explain...?
Each one of the above religions say they are the seed of Abraham, if that were true and not bent by the carrier, they would be going straight to the God of Abraham. But neither of them are going straight to that God, they are at right and left angles from the perpendicular. Both saying they are now the chosen people.

Paul says those who are of God are grafted into the "True Root" which is Judaism. Members of the commonwealth of Israel. Islam and Christianity want any part of Israel, Therefore not of God. :bonk:

mehrosh

sojourner said:
That's not what the Bible says, from which we formulate our theology. The Bible says that the Word was with God and the Word was God, and then goes on to say that the Word became flesh. It's metaphorical, poetic language to explain how God is not only transcendent, but immanent. "Emmanuel...God with us." It's not a degradation of God, but a way to show that God's love for us is very powerful.

Jesus didn't preach that God is One and Eternal. Jesus preached that the kingdom of God has come near.
Niether did Jesus Peace and Blessing be upon him, Preached that He is the Son Of God.

116. And behold!God will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

117. "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things. 118. "If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servant: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise."

I want you to come down to common terms...Look into the true Guidance...Than after that It is upon you...accept the Truth or Reject it..

"We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you (the original); Our God and your God is one; and it is to Him we bow."

mehrosh

Ronald said:
Each one of the above religions say they are the seed of Abraham, if that were true and not bent by the carrier, they would be going straight to the God of Abraham. But neither of them are going straight to that God, they are at right and left angles from the perpendicular. Both saying they are now the chosen people.

Paul says those who are of God are grafted into the "True Root" which is Judaism. Members of the commonwealth of Israel. Islam and Christianity want any part of Israel, Therefore not of God. :bonk:
There is nothing such that Islam wants any part of Israel, I don't know much about Judaism, except what the Quran tells us about the "People of Israel" and Musa..

You are very wrong in saying that Islam is not going straight to the God of Abraham. Infact the Quran tells us to follow the True Religion of Abraham, Monotheism, and tells us that He was a Muslim not a Mushrik (idol worshipor) Because the people of Makkah claimed that they follow the Religion of Abraham, but infact they had invented so called partners with Abraham's God..

The Quran tells us that all the Prophets came with only one Religion. and that is Islam, to worship One God and not to associate anything or anyone with Him...

"It was said to Abraham, Submit, (he said) I Submit to the Lord of Alamin (everything that exists)"

may

sojourner said:

Jesus—A​
Godlike One; Divine

Joh​
1:1—"and the Word was a god (godlike; divine)"

Gr., κα
ι θεος ην ο λόγος (kai the·os´ en ho lo´gos)

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. This one was in [the] beginning with God. ................yes Jesus was god-like but he was not God , and yes he did dwell among us and become flesh

(John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him

mehrosh

may said:

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. This one was in [the] beginning with God. ................yes Jesus was god-like but he was not God , and yes he did dwell among us and become flesh

Jesus was not God Like, Infact he was given Miracles,every Prophet is given a Miracle which suits his time...that doesn't make him God Like...The sea sperated for Moses...food came down from the sky...now here we can't say that Moses was God like...the Moon broke into two pieces only by the pointing of to fingures...(Muhammed)...you can't say he was God Like......Giving life to a dead is a God's work to do... But Jesus did it...as he was granted this Miracle so that people will believe in him...the one who misunderstands this can say he is God-Like...But there is nothing like God...Jesus was the Prophet of God.....because God has No GOD...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I had a vision from God last night and he told me that Jesus is God. End of. Have a nice day! :)

sojourner

mehrosh said:
Niether did Jesus Peace and Blessing be upon him, Preached that He is the Son Of God.

116. And behold!God will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

117. "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things. 118. "If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servant: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise."

I want you to come down to common terms...Look into the true Guidance...Than after that It is upon you...accept the Truth or Reject it..

"We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you (the original); Our God and your God is one; and it is to Him we bow."
I want you to come back to reality. I have accepted the truth that you know nothing about Christianity. Jesus said, "I and the Father are One." What more do you need? if you don't want to believe that, nobody's twisting your arm to be a Christian.

sojourner

mehrosh said:
[/b]

Jesus was not God Like, Infact he was given Miracles,every Prophet is given a Miracle which suits his time...that doesn't make him God Like...The sea sperated for Moses...food came down from the sky...now here we can't say that Moses was God like...the Moon broke into two pieces only by the pointing of to fingures...(Muhammed)...you can't say he was God Like......Giving life to a dead is a God's work to do... But Jesus did it...as he was granted this Miracle so that people will believe in him...the one who misunderstands this can say he is God-Like...But there is nothing like God...Jesus was the Prophet of God.....because God has No GOD...

[/size][/font][/size][/font]
You're right. Jesus isn't God-like. Jesus is God. The miracles do not prove Jesus' divinity. Nobody said they did.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
sojourner said:
Jesus said, "I and the Father are One."
No - over half a century later someone named John (or someone redacting someone named John) writes that Jesus said this. The chances of it are slim and none.