• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus God?

Riders

Out to get the Catholics the bad old Catholic church Catholic church conspiracy whew The Pope is the ANt Christ I bet your church teaches that.

MJFlores

Cults teach hate, and teach anti Catholic hate sentiment. I know I was in a cult like yours. I went to a Pentecostal who had a strict dress code where you have to speak in tongues to be saved believe in oneness instead of the Trinity. They were all about anti-Catholic and anti Pagan trash. That's what your church is, hate group cult who hates Gays and lesbians Catholics and Pagans.

Those who speak in tongues - we don't do that.

Cults teach hate, and teach anti Catholic hate sentiment?
I think the Pope called the Catholic Church the cult of the Virgin
CRML-7.png

Marialis Cultus (February 2, 1974) | Paul VI

That is the pope's pronouncement not anybody else - shown above is the Vatican website, please feel free to inspect it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-26_10-14-51.jpeg
    upload_2017-4-26_10-14-51.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 90

Riders

I fit is so theres a million of tem out there why talk about the Catholics all the time. Your obsessed with the Catholic church like my old church was.

MJFlores

I hope you have heard of the Inquisition?

Like: The Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition(Spanish: Tribunal del Santo Oficio de la Inquisición), commonly known as the Spanish Inquisition (Inquisición española), was established in 1478 by Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile.
upload_2017-4-26_13-47-8.jpeg

An inquisition is a special Church institution for suppressing heresy. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Inquisition

Muffled

Jesus in me
That's fine. I never expect to prove anything to the one I am replying to. But thanks for giving me the opportunity to perhaps allow someone else, who may have read my reply, to discern the truth for themselves.

I believe there isn't much chance it is truth if it can't be proven.

MJFlores

upload_2017-5-8_9-24-42.jpeg

God is Almighty while Jesus Christ is not.

The Bible teaches that God is the most powerful God (Genesis 35:11).

And God said to him, “I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will be among your descendants.

Christ’s statement in John 5:30 prove that he is not the Almighty God because he admitted that "By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."

Why would an omnipotent God on earth say that he can not do anything by himself? The limitation that Jesus had while on earth proves the point that Jesus is not God in spite of the miraculous deeds he had done.

upload_2017-5-8_9-31-38.jpeg

Peter even testified that God did those miracles through him (Acts 2:22).

Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

upload_2017-5-8_9-32-18.jpeg

MJFlores

The trinity is a form of oneness. The idea that it is separate entities isnt supported by Scripture at all!
Jesus Eshu the greatest said, He is in the father, and the father in Him. And that He is one with the father. This is all biblical, as well as traditional.

upload_2017-5-8_11-30-5.jpeg

Oneness?
The Father is the Son and the Son is the Father?
The Father fathered himself isn't that confusing?
I think that is even hilarious.

Jesus Christ admitted that "the Father is greater" than him. That is the message he left with his disciples before going to the Father (John 14:28).

John 14:28 New International Version (NIV)

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

in another version of the Bible this is written:

John 14:28 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

You heard Me tell you, I am going away and I am coming [back] to you. If you [really] loved Me, you would have been glad, because I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater and mightier than I am.

It would be preposterous to believe that Jesus Christ is God because his greatness is not the same as the Father. Why is the Father greater than the Son?

Because the Father is God while the Son is not God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
View attachment 17143

God is Almighty while Jesus Christ is not.

The Bible teaches that God is the most powerful God (Genesis 35:11).

And God said to him, “I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will be among your descendants.

Christ’s statement in John 5:30 prove that he is not the Almighty God because he admitted that "By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."

Why would an omnipotent God on earth say that he can not do anything by himself? The limitation that Jesus had while on earth proves the point that Jesus is not God in spite of the miraculous deeds he had done.

View attachment 17145

Peter even testified that God did those miracles through him (Acts 2:22).

Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

View attachment 17146

I believe there is no evidence to support that view.

I believe this speaks of the two natures. For those viewing Jesus as just a man (cough cough) he could do nothing but as God in the flesh He can do anything. I believe you should note that Jesus does not need to call upon God to do His miracles; He just does them.

I believe your conclusion is false because your premise is false.

I believe my text says "by Him" not through Him but it makes no difference Jesus is God doing the works.

MJFlores

I believe there is no evidence to support that view.

I believe this speaks of the two natures. For those viewing Jesus as just a man (cough cough) he could do nothing but as God in the flesh He can do anything. I believe you should note that Jesus does not need to call upon God to do His miracles; He just does them.

I believe your conclusion is false because your premise is false.

I believe my text says "by Him" not through Him but it makes no difference Jesus is God doing the works.

Muffled, posted:

"I believe this speaks of the two natures. For those viewing Jesus as just a man (cough cough) he could do nothing but as God in the flesh He can do anything. I believe you should note that Jesus does not need to call upon God to do His miracles; He just does them."

The Lord Jesus Christ said:

John 5:30 New International Version (NIV)

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

John 5:19 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

Apostle Peter said:

Acts 2:22 New International Version (NIV)

“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

images

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Muffled, posted:

"I believe this speaks of the two natures. For those viewing Jesus as just a man (cough cough) he could do nothing but as God in the flesh He can do anything. I believe you should note that Jesus does not need to call upon God to do His miracles; He just does them."

The Lord Jesus Christ said:

John 5:30 New International Version (NIV)

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

John 5:19 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

Apostle Peter said:

Acts 2:22 New International Version (NIV)

“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

images

Note how you call Jesus merely a man, then you post that man merely has his opinions. This is a clever argument to discredit Jesus.

MJFlores

Note how you call Jesus merely a man, then you post that man merely has his opinions. This is a clever argument to discredit Jesus.

Let us ask the Lord Jesus Christ, what is he?

John 8:40-45 New King James Version (NKJV)

But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.

tenor.gif

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil,
So the deity of Judaism is the devil?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I believe it says they, father, son, and holy ghost are equally God and a unified one God.

moorea944

I believe it says they, father, son, and holy ghost are equally God and a unified one God.

V.7 in the KJV was not in the original text but later inserted, when printing was used.
Adam Clarke writes: But it is likely this verse is not genuine. It is wanting in every MS. of this epistle written before the invention of printing, one excepted, the Codex Montfortii, in Trinity College, Dublin: the others which omit this verse amount to one hundred and twelve.
More modern versions of the Bible omit this verse altogether. Others, like the ESV, define it this way: For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree. This avoids the obvious temptation to erroneously prove the Trinity from the KJV.
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”

"For there are three that testify, the Spirit and the water and the blood, and these three agree"

What John is simply saying here is that the Father is the Word and is the Holy Spirit. In other words, when God speaks, it is done, and it is done by His Holy Spirit power. If the Holy Spirit is a third person, we would be hard pressed to explain Matt 1:18 with John 3:16!

“Towards the end of the 1st century, and during the 2nd, many learned men came over both from Judaism and paganism to Christianity. These brought with them into the Christian schools of theology their Platonic ideas and phraseology.” — (Cyclopaedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, 1891, Vol. 10, “Trinity,” p. 553)

The word “Trinity” originated from Tertullian around 200 AD. The 3 in 1 god came from Athanasius in 325 AD, and the idea of the Holy Spirit as the third person came from three Cappadocian “fathers,” Basil, bishop of Caesarea, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nazianzus in 381 AD at the Council of Constantinople.

The doctrine of the Trinity is a man-made doctrine borrowed from paganism and Greek philosophy. It has been a divisive issue throughout the history of Christianity. There is no perfect way to understand the Trinity: one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in three co-equal persons, and at the same time completely understand it, yet it is one of the most difficult concepts for Christianity to let go of!

The Trinity was conceived from pagan and Greek philosophy and not from the Bible. It came about through much bloodshed and whoever had the most power. The Catholic Church, influenced by the doctrine of the Trinity, adopted it and patched together Greek and Roman philosophies snatching a handful of Bible verses out of context and interpolated them into their text hundreds of years after the death of all the apostles and long after the completion of the Bible (Col 2:8-10). This dogma became the central dogma of Catholicism during the 4th Century. It is not a Biblically inspired doctrine ( Eph 4:4-6).

To believe in the Trinity is to believe the following about Christ:
1. Jesus is the immortal God, but died. Jesus is the invisible God, but was seen.
2. Jesus is the omnipotent God, but was strengthened by an angel.
3. Jesus is the omniscient God, but did not know the day of his return.
4. Jesus is as great as his Father, but his Father is greater than he.
5. Jesus is equal with the Father, and yet he is the Father.
6. Jesus is the son, but the same age as the Father.
7. Jesus is the son who has a Father and the God who has no Father.
8. Jesus is the begotten son and the un-begotten God. Jesus is very God and very man, came out from himself, prayed to himself, gave power to himself, thanked himself, bore witness of himself, went back to himself, sits at the right hand of himself, is his own Father and his own son, left Heaven and yet was there all the time.

There are things which are hard to understand in the Bible, but you can be sure that God never expects us to believe such impossibilities!

cirillo

Premium Member
V.7 in the KJV was not in the original text but later inserted, when printing was used.
Adam Clarke writes: But it is likely this verse is not genuine. It is wanting in every MS. of this epistle written before the invention of printing, one excepted, the Codex Montfortii, in Trinity College, Dublin: the others which omit this verse amount to one hundred and twelve.
More modern versions of the Bible omit this verse altogether. Others, like the ESV, define it this way: For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree. This avoids the obvious temptation to erroneously prove the Trinity from the KJV.
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”

"For there are three that testify, the Spirit and the water and the blood, and these three agree"

What John is simply saying here is that the Father is the Word and is the Holy Spirit. In other words, when God speaks, it is done, and it is done by His Holy Spirit power. If the Holy Spirit is a third person, we would be hard pressed to explain Matt 1:18 with John 3:16!

“Towards the end of the 1st century, and during the 2nd, many learned men came over both from Judaism and paganism to Christianity. These brought with them into the Christian schools of theology their Platonic ideas and phraseology.” — (Cyclopaedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, 1891, Vol. 10, “Trinity,” p. 553)

The word “Trinity” originated from Tertullian around 200 AD. The 3 in 1 god came from Athanasius in 325 AD, and the idea of the Holy Spirit as the third person came from three Cappadocian “fathers,” Basil, bishop of Caesarea, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nazianzus in 381 AD at the Council of Constantinople.

The doctrine of the Trinity is a man-made doctrine borrowed from paganism and Greek philosophy. It has been a divisive issue throughout the history of Christianity. There is no perfect way to understand the Trinity: one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in three co-equal persons, and at the same time completely understand it, yet it is one of the most difficult concepts for Christianity to let go of!

The Trinity was conceived from pagan and Greek philosophy and not from the Bible. It came about through much bloodshed and whoever had the most power. The Catholic Church, influenced by the doctrine of the Trinity, adopted it and patched together Greek and Roman philosophies snatching a handful of Bible verses out of context and interpolated them into their text hundreds of years after the death of all the apostles and long after the completion of the Bible (Col 2:8-10). This dogma became the central dogma of Catholicism during the 4th Century. It is not a Biblically inspired doctrine ( Eph 4:4-6).

1. Jesus is the immortal God, but died. Jesus is the invisible God, but was seen.
8. Jesus is the begotten son and the un-begotten God. Jesus is very God and very man, came out from himself, prayed to himself, gave power to himself, thanked himself, bore witness of himself, went back to himself, sits at the right hand of himself, is his own Father and his own son, left Heaven and yet was there all the time.

There are things which are hard to understand in the Bible, but you can be sure that God never expects us to believe such impossibilities!
God is not a trinity.

moorea944

God is not a trinity.

I totally agree!

MJFlores

d1d6bf76a51b9a231db15049e8b3b3f9.jpg

THE GOD OF THE TRUE CHRISTIAN IS THE
GOD AND FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST

The apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ clearly declared that the one true God is the “God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.” This is what Apostle Paul explicitly stated:

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” Ephesians 1:3 NIV

This is also what Apostle Peter testified:

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” ( I Peter 1:3 NIV)

Therefore, the God of the true Christians is the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Father alone is the true God.

THE GOD OF THE TRUE CHRISTIANS IS TO
WHOM JESUS CHRIST MEDIATES MAN

If the true Christians acknowledge that the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is the only true God, thus who is Jesus Christ for them? These words of Apostle Paul clearly teach that the gtrue Christian acknowledge the Lord Jesus Christ as their mediator to the One true God:

“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (I Timothy 2:5 NIV)

The Bible said, “For there is one God” (the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ).The Bible also stated that there is “one mediator between God and man, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS.”

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe you must have been a reporter in your previous life because you have definitely misquoted and misconstrued what I said.