• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ true man AND true God?

bnabernard

Adam sinned and was clothed in animal skin (perishable) died as to what he was.
Jesus died and was unclothed from animal skin,reversed the process, lived.

And oohps I was on a previous page o_O

Oeste

There was trading on Friday. Mary Magdalene et al, could have bought the sweet spices in the morning and could have gone to the sepulchre that Friday. Why wait until Sunday to go to the sepulcher?
So I believe that your argument that Jesus was crucified on Wednesday does not make sense.

Your objection doesn't make sense, especially since they had already been to the sepulchre. Didn't your spirit inform you of this?

55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.

56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment. Luke 23​

The went to the sepulchre, then got the spices. They prepared the spices on Friday and rested on the weekly Sabbath, Saturday.

Why would your spirit Ama tell you there's a problem? I'm really not seeing it.

peacecrusader888

Your objection doesn't make sense, especially since they had already been to the sepulchre. Didn't your spirit inform you of this?

55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.

56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment. Luke 23​

The went to the sepulchre, then got the spices. They prepared the spices on Friday and rested on the weekly Sabbath, Saturday.

Why would your spirit Ama tell you there's a problem? I'm really not seeing it.

Why wait until Sunday when Mary Magdalene et al. could have gone to the sepulcher that Friday? Remember what Martha said to Jesus in John 11:39, "Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days."

Tell me, what does Mark 16:1 mean?

peacecrusader888

I don't need a god, that would be robbing me from my life, it would need me to believe in a silly concept that is completely useless and would only hold me back from enjoying my life, na, you have that on your own.

If you don't need a god, then do not use it in vain.

What will happen to you when you die? What is the difference between a dead man in the coffin being waked upon by someone who is living?

peacecrusader888

To the Jews a day and a night is not the same thing as it is to Gentiles. Each day includes the night also, they don't see them as separate at all. So Sunday counts for the day and night in Jewish terms. Matthew was a Jew and so this explains it.

Seventh Day Adventists seem to want to take the entire Bible and change it around to suit their own thinking. Wrong. You change your thinking around to suit scripture.

Jesus was very specific, "three days and three nights".

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If you don't need a god, then do not use it in vain.

What will happen to you when you die? What is the difference between a dead man in the coffin being waked upon by someone who is living?
In vain lol, when we die we are dead, and that is it, enjoy your life to its fullest and don't worry about what is going to happen after death, that will only keep you back from enjoying your life.:):beermug::blacksunrays:

Oeste

Why wait until Sunday when Mary Magdalene et al. could have gone to the sepulcher that Friday? Remember what Martha said to Jesus in John 11:39, "Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days."

As stated earlier, the women had already been at the sepulcher. Also, Jesus' body would not have stunk (see below).

Tell me, what does Mark 16:1 mean?

That they came with spices after the weekly Sabbath.

Jesus expired. Joseph of Arimathea asked for the body and clothed it in linen and placed the body in a tomb. The women followed and saw the body there, but since a High Sabbath was now beginning (Luke 23:50-56) they didn't have time to prepare spices, could not prepare them on the Sabbath, which now leaves Friday for preparing spices. So just as God rested for a day after creation, Jesus now rests after his redemptive work.

I'm not sure what Ama has told you about John 11:39, but this concerns the death of Lazarus, not Jesus. Also, Ama has apparently forgotten that Jesus' body would not have stunk since Nicodemus had brought many pounds of myrrh and aloe to prepare the body (John 19:38-42) or that he had also been anointed for burial beforehand at Bethany (Mark 14:8). This would not have interfered with the spices the women would prepare on Friday because Jewish custom was such that the more a person was revered, the more spices used during burial (Antiquities of the Jews, Book 17c.8, s.3).

Jesus' body would have lain in the ground 3 full days, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday leaving anytime after sunset for him to rise. The whole thing seems pretty straight forward and clear, so I'm at a loss as to why Ama appears confused.Have you asked him about this?

peacecrusader888

In vain lol, when we die we are dead, and that is it, enjoy your life to its fullest and don't worry about what is going to happen after death, that will only keep you back from enjoying your life.:):beermug::blacksunrays:

Do you believe that the difference between a dead man in the coffin being waked upon by someone who is living is spirit? The spirit of the dead person has already left his physical body, while the spirit of the living person is still in his physical body. Jesus Christ died for you because He does not want you to waste your spirit.

peacecrusader888

As stated earlier, the women had already been at the sepulcher. Also, Jesus' body would not have stunk (see below).

That they came with spices after the weekly Sabbath.

Jesus expired. Joseph of Arimathea asked for the body and clothed it in linen and placed the body in a tomb. The women followed and saw the body there, but since a High Sabbath was now beginning (Luke 23:50-56) they didn't have time to prepare spices, could not prepare them on the Sabbath, which now leaves Friday for preparing spices. So just as God rested for a day after creation, Jesus now rests after his redemptive work.

I'm not sure what Ama has told you about John 11:39, but this concerns the death of Lazarus, not Jesus. Also, Ama has apparently forgotten that Jesus' body would not have stunk since Nicodemus had brought many pounds of myrrh and aloe to prepare the body (John 19:38-42) or that he had also been anointed for burial beforehand at Bethany (Mark 14:8). This would not have interfered with the spices the women would prepare on Friday because Jewish custom was such that the more a person was revered, the more spices used during burial (Antiquities of the Jews, Book 17c.8, s.3).

Jesus' body would have lain in the ground 3 full days, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday leaving anytime after sunset for him to rise. The whole thing seems pretty straight forward and clear, so I'm at a loss as to why Ama appears confused.Have you asked him about this?

Are shops open on a Sabbath Day? How did Mary Magdalene et al. buy the sweet spices?

I know that John 11:39 is about the death of Lazarus, but Lazarus was dead for four days already. And Sunday resurrection was Jesus already dead for four days if He was crucified on a Wednesday. Now try Thursday crucifixion and Monday discovery of Jesus missing in the sepulcher. The spirit of Ama said that Jesus was crucified on 08-17.

peacecrusader888

Yes. To the Jews a day and a night is reckoned like a day is to us. Sorry, dude.

The spirit of Ama said that Jesus was crucified on 08-17. How come August? I thought Passover was during March or April.

I was able to prove that He is correct in His revelation that Jesus was crucified on 08-17. Same with His revelation was Jesus was born on 05-23. Who can reveal two ancient dates and be correct in both? Only God!

Reggie Miller

The spirit of Ama said that Jesus was crucified on 08-17. How come August? I thought Passover was during March or April.

I was able to prove that He is correct in His revelation that Jesus was crucified on 08-17. Same with His revelation was Jesus was born on 05-23. Who can reveal two ancient dates and be correct in both? Only God!

You haven't proved anything. Have you published your findings?

Oeste

Are shops open on a Sabbath Day? How did Mary Magdalene et al. buy the sweet spices?

Where are you getting the idea that anyone brought spices on a Sabbath day? From Aba? The women brought spices on Friday, which would have been after High but before the weekly Sabbath.

I know that John 11:39 is about the death of Lazarus, but Lazarus was dead for four days already.

Doesn't matter how long Lazarus' body was dead. You stated Lazarus' body would have smelled, and I informed you Jesus' body would not have smelled, because of the spices Nicodemus brought.

And Sunday resurrection was Jesus already dead for four days if He was crucified on a Wednesday.

You're confused. He could have risen anytime after sunset on Saturday, which would have been the first day of the week (Sunday) to the Jews.

Now try Thursday crucifixion and Monday discovery of Jesus missing in the sepulcher. The spirit of Ama said that Jesus was crucified on 08-17.

You've listened to the spirit of Ama way too much as it is. I recommend you try reading scripture without Ama's guidance. Then pray and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you instead.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Do you believe that the difference between a dead man in the coffin being waked upon by someone who is living is spirit? The spirit of the dead person has already left his physical body, while the spirit of the living person is still in his physical body. Jesus Christ died for you because He does not want you to waste your spirit.
Well I don't believe in Jesus, and I don't believe in spirit, these have never been proven, I believe in life here and NOW.

peacecrusader888

Where are you getting the idea that anyone brought spices on a Sabbath day? From Aba? The women brought spices on Friday, which would have been after High but before the weekly Sabbath.

Doesn't matter how long Lazarus' body was dead. You stated Lazarus' body would have smelled, and I informed you Jesus' body would not have smelled, because of the spices Nicodemus brought.

You're confused. He could have risen anytime after sunset on Saturday, which would have been the first day of the week (Sunday) to the Jews.

You've listened to the spirit of Ama way too much as it is. I recommend you try reading scripture without Ama's guidance. Then pray and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you instead.

The spirit of Ama just gave the dates when Jesus was born (05-23) and died (08-17). It took me seven years from 1999 to 2006 to finish my studies.

Who has talked to a spirit? Those who had passed over are not able to communicate by talking to their loved ones.

Reggie Miller

bnabernard

A split of hairs, hem.

If Jesus was truly a man the he could die, if during his term he refered to his body as a temple (will rebuild) then he would restore as a man(?)
Was Jesus a man when he rose from the tomb?
I hear that he had a transformed spiritual body the such as Adam and Eve had before they were clothed with animal flesh.
Question now is, was the spiritual body the same as Adam before Eve was created, em.
Or the same as Adam after Eve was created, lacking in part.?

Fair enough if he was a spiritual being before he was born then he would be spirit plus woman, the reverse of Eve from Adam.

Who went into the tomb and who or what came out, and was anything left behind?

bnabernard

If Jesus was a spiritual body AND a material body then only the material body would die, the spiritual body would not need any amount of time to become restored as it would not be effected.
In fact what is common belief, that we have both a spiritual body and a material body, so what changes where or what is the difference between Jesus or Joe blogs?

So, ok, Jesus wants credibility for a body so he invites a disciple to put his hands in his wounds, em, this means the wounds have not been altered in 'the ''rebuilding of the temple', work in progress maybe.
But then however we have another problem, a body that passes through walls yet is solid to the touch? It can disappear and reappear elsewhere, eat food without it falling on the floor.

peacecrusader888

That's a proposal, not proof. I you had proved it then everybody would know about it and would be talking about it. Since no one is but you and the few you hang
with it is obvious that you've proved nothing.

Those are what I produced after my studies from 1999 to 2006. The dates, 05-23 and 08-17, were revealed by the spirit of Ama. I did not get them from thin air.

People do not believe me because they are too far away from commonly accepted dates. But they were revealed by a spirit.