• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ true man AND true God?

peacecrusader888

Wrong. He was crucified on Friday and rose on Sunday. This is common knowledge.

The Seventh Day Adventist believe that Jesus was crucified on Friday and rose on Sunday. Same with the Roman Catholics, that is why there is Good Friday and Easter. What can you say about Jesus was "three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matthew 12:40)?

peacecrusader888

In my experience there has been many a debate over the crucitixion of Jesus regarding the days, mostly involving the sabbath arrangements and the abilities of the people involved being able to carry out the things they are supposed to have done.
I will, if I have the time try to locate the arguments.

It is however rather a turn around for God to start altering His appointed Sabbath to suit the the sun god
But then perhaps He was anxious to be disbelieved on account of being cheesed of with his chosen people?

I will wait for the arguments.

Jesus taught His disciples that Sabbath was Sunday (Mark 16:1) while still alive. His disciples were Jews, and Jews believe that Sabbath was Saturday.

peacecrusader888

• In the book of Hebrews the writer speaks of the Old Testament prophets speaking with the spirit of Christ.... sounds divine
  • Corinthians says the rock that followed them in the wilderness (which was God) was Christ... sounds divine especially since in context it is God who was on trial with God struck seen as the rock
but

• Jesus was born of Mary... sounds like man
  • Jesus grew in wisdom, knowledge and favor with God and man sounds man
  • Jesus died died
  • He rose and ate a fish for breakfast ....
so

both

-in John 2 he was human enough to die and divine enough to raise himself
'tear down this temple and in 3 days I will raise it'

Jesus was not in the Old Testament. He appeared in the New Testament.

One has to recognize Jesus Christ and believe that He is true man AND true God. Therefore, what will save someone will be his own work AND belief in the true God.

whirlingmerc

Jesus was not in the Old Testament. He appeared in the New Testament.

One has to recognize Jesus Christ and believe that He is true man AND true God. Therefore, what will save someone will be his own work AND belief in the true God.

How to you explain the new testament references such as from Corinthians or Hebrews
The rock that followed them was Christ?
Rock being a reference from the Exodus when the rock was struck and life giving water provided

whirlingmerc

To illustrate the rock

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.14.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.14.48 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 88

Oeste

I think the most likely day he was crucified was a Wednesday. At least, this day seems to be the easiest to reconcile with scripture.

Agreed. Jesus was a true man and true God. He couldn't be one-half of either because then he wouldn't be a true man nor a true God. Also, while it is true there are many men, it is also true there is only one God.

lostwanderingsoul

Many places in the Bible refer to Christ as the rock. And when He said He was building His church on "this rock" He was referring to Himself. God would not build His church on any human but on the only true "rock" Jesus.Notice Jesus did not say "you are Peter and I build my church on you." He said "I build my church on "this rock". Canyou just see Him pointing to himself as he said it.

lostwanderingsoul

The Bible indicates there were two sabbaths in the week Jesus died. There was the regular weekly sabbath on Saturday and the annual Passover sabbath which was probably on Thursday. There is a verse that say the women bought spices AFTER the sabbath and another verse that says the women prepared the spices and THEN rested on the sabbath. The only way for this to happen is for there to be two sabbaths. And that allows for 3 full days and 3 full nights. People prefer to look for excuses why the Bible does not mean what it says instead of looking for ways to explain how what it says could be true.

lostwanderingsoul

You must also remember that a man ( any man ) is made up of two parts. That is the physical body and the invisible spirit. Jesus was a true man because He had a human physical body. He was also true God because His spirit was not a regular human spirit but was the spirit of God.

peacecrusader888

How to you explain the new testament references such as from Corinthians or Hebrews
The rock that followed them was Christ?
Rock being a reference from the Exodus when the rock was struck and life giving water provided

Matthew 16:18 states: "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it,"

1 Corinthians 10:4 states: "And that all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drink of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

It was Jesus who said Matthew 16:18, and Saint Paul, 1 Corinthians 10:4. Why is it "rock" in the former, and "spiritual Rock" in the latter?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We could come up with anything when it comes to what this man Jesus was, no one could possibly know his story, unless you believe in the scriptures which isn't his story, unless you like made up stories.

peacecrusader888

I think the most likely day he was crucified was a Wednesday. At least, this day seems to be the easiest to reconcile with scripture.

Agreed. Jesus was a true man and true God. He couldn't be one-half of either because then he wouldn't be a true man nor a true God. Also, while it is true there are many men, it is also true there is only one God.

You say Jesus was crucified on Wednesday. Why? Because you want His resurrection to be Sunday?

Let me construct the Wednesday argument:
Wednesday - crucifixion of Jesus
Thursday - high day Sabbath (John 19:31)
Friday - trading day in the morning; preparation day in the afternoon
Saturday - weekly regular Sabbath of the Jews
Sunday - resurrection of Jesus

Is the above reconstruction correct?

There was trading on Friday. Mary Magdalene et al, could have bought the sweet spices in the morning and could have gone to the sepulchre that Friday. Why wait until Sunday to go to the sepulcher?
So I believe that your argument that Jesus was crucified on Wednesday does not make sense.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

My god do you really believe in all that lol.

peacecrusader888

We could come up with anything when it comes to what this man Jesus was, no one could possibly know his story, unless you believe in the scriptures which isn't his story, unless you like made up stories.

Have you heard of the British psychic John Edwards? Has he talked to those who have passed over?

I did not make up the stories. The spirit of Ama revealed that Jesus was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17. With the aid of the Holy Bible, I checked the dates that He revealed and found them correct.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Have you heard of the British psychic John Edwards? Has he talked to those who have passed over?

I did not make up the stories. The spirit of Ama revealed that Jesus was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17. With the aid of the Holy Bible, I checked the dates that He revealed and found them correct.
Sorry I cannot believe in such stupidity.

whirlingmerc

Matthew 16:18 states: "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it,"

1 Corinthians 10:4 states: "And that all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drink of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

It was Jesus who said Matthew 16:18, and Saint Paul, 1 Corinthians 10:4. Why is it "rock" in the former, and "spiritual Rock" in the latter?

context context context the spiritual rock one was talking about the wanderings in the wilderness
It's like the rules of real estate location location location... only.... context context context

1 Corinthians
10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

clearly spoke of the people who left Egypt with Moses and their rock was Christ.... which sounds mighty divine... in context of the rock account even mores as God was on trial and received a beating with a stick and life giving water came forth... that is a great picture of Christ

Reggie Miller

The Seventh Day Adventist believe that Jesus was crucified on Friday and rose on Sunday. Same with the Roman Catholics, that is why there is Good Friday and Easter. What can you say about Jesus was "three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matthew 12:40)?

To the Jews a day and a night is not the same thing as it is to Gentiles. Each day includes the night also, they don't see them as separate at all. So Sunday counts for the day and night in Jewish terms. Matthew was a Jew and so this explains it.

Seventh Day Adventists seem to want to take the entire Bible and change it around to suit their own thinking. Wrong. You change your thinking around to suit scripture.