• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ the True God?

Is Jesus Christ the God, and all other gods are false gods, i.e. idols?

• Yes, you are right. Jesus Christ is the God, and all other gods are false gods, i.e. idols.

• No. I am sorry.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So, if I say "I am three in one and I communicate with each other", whaddya think?

Maybe study instead of just spouting off. Until you do, I've got better things to do.
I have studied.

"The divinity of Christ is an essential teaching of the Catholic faith. Indeed, any community of faith that would deny Christ’s deity ceases to be Christian at all. "

From Catholic answers.

"First, being “greater” than another does not have to mean one is essentially different from the other, as when we say a man is essentially distinct from an animal. Greatness can refer to one person functioning in a greater way quantitatively, qualitatively, or even relationally in comparison to another without there being an essential distinction."

"Similarly, the Father can be said to be greater than the Son pertaining to their relation within the inner life of God, but not with respect to their shared nature as being fully and equally God. "

muhammad_isa

I have studied.

"The divinity of Christ is an essential teaching of the Catholic faith. Indeed, any community of faith that would deny Christ’s deity ceases to be Christian at all. "

Although all of them have their historical roots in Christian theology and tradition, and although most would identify themselves as Christian, many would not identify others within the larger category as Christian.
Christians - Wikipedia

This is what I find amongst the various denominations in Abrahamic religion .. they often exclude others, stating "if one doesn't believe such and such"..

Didn't the Pharisees condemn Jesus in such a manner? :oops:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yep, and I do not deny this.

"Similarly, the Father can be said to be greater than the Son pertaining to their relation within the inner life of God, but not with respect to their shared nature as being fully and equally God. "
OK, exactly how can "Father" and "Son" be 100% identical to each other?

We use different labels to connotate different concepts, thus, your use of the above defeats your own position. I can be of the "essence" of my father, but I am not literally my father. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are of the essence of God but are not precisely God in a literalistic fashion.

Again, this is not guesswork on my part, as we know what the Church was using here and why.

"Judge ye not, ...". -- Jesus
The Word of God judges people…

“But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭2‬:‭10‬-‭16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭2‬, ‭14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

101G

hence what I said: Jesus is not equal to God.
I agree that he's not equal "TO" God, but I say he is EQUAL, "WITH" God, supportive scripture. Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

do you agree that the Lord Jesus is EQUAL "WITH" God. yes or No.

101G.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
We use different labels to connotate different concepts, thus, your use of the above defeats your own position. I can be of the "essence" of my father, but I am not literally my father. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are of the essence of God but are not precisely God in a literalistic fashion.

Again, this is not guesswork on my part, as we know what the Church was using here and why.
That's from the Catholic Church, not me. I don't have to understand it to believe it. They are literally One.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Although all of them have their historical roots in Christian theology and tradition, and although most would identify themselves as Christian, many would not identify others within the larger category as Christian.
Christians - Wikipedia

This is what I find amongst the various denominations in Abrahamic religion .. they often exclude others, stating "if one doesn't believe such and such"..

Didn't the Pharisees condemn Jesus in such a manner? :oops:
Jesus was the one who said he was One with the Father.

muhammad_isa

do you agree that the Lord Jesus is EQUAL "WITH" God. yes or No.
No .. does it matter?
Should it change the meaning of righteousness one way or the other?

I understand that Paul (Saul) wrote this while he was in prison .. you quote some philosophical prose from it, that does not reflect what Jesus is reported to have said.

Why is it so important to you, that Jesus should be worshiped as God?
Isn't God [ our Father ] enough for you?

101G

No .. does it matter?
yes, because it's the same one person.
example, who laid the Foundation of the EARTH? scripture, Hebrews 1:10 "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:"

now this, Zechariah 12:1 "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him."

so, who Laid the Foundation of the Earth? the LORD, or the Lord. which one?

101G.

You are not the Word of God, although there are times you seem to think you are.
The Word of God I shared with you reveals that you are in contradiction to the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, even says why.
I’m not the Word of God although Christ lives in me and the Holy Spirit teaches me the Truth.
You seem to put more authority on the teaching of men rather than God.

muhammad_isa

You seem to put more authority on the teaching of men rather than God.
I would say that belief in God requires a broad academic knowledge base.

We can see what narrow-minded belief ends up with..
..such as extreme views of Taliban, with no formal education other than learning Qur'an in their village, by unqualified teachers etc.

I'm not trying to "dis" Taliban, particularly .. I feel sympathy towards those in Afghanistan, who haven't had the same chances in life that I have had.
The country seems to be in a perpetual state of war. :(

muhammad_isa

That’s not what Jesus said or what the Bible teaches. Actually Jesus said the opposite
I probably did not word that very well..
What I mean is, belief in God aka faith, does not require much knowledge..
..but it doesn't end there .. how can we distinguish between what is true and what is false?
Intuition can take us so far .. along with our personal experience with others .. but satan is always trying to trick us..
He wants us to think we know it all :)

..when none of us do.
Nobody has a PhD in every subject going.
It is not just about literal "Bible reading"..

A pious person with a Doctor of Divinity Degree, is not equal to an otherwise uneducated person.
Almighty God loves those who earn their livings professionally.
Knowledge is a valuable commodity .. not just for gaining big salaries.
Many people have degrees in the Social Sciences, but earn relatively little.

It is all about intention.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
To me Jesus is not the true God nor even A god. For me, that distinction belongs to Vishnu. I'll concede that Jesus is a sage, a yogi, guru, acharya. Those are human teachers and saints, but not gods. The idea of "false gods" escapes me. I have no idea what people mean by "false god". If I call myself a god and walk around acting like a god, performing "miracles" that are no more than sleight of hand, does that make me a false god? Is that what a "false god" is? To answer my own question, I think "false god" is a term made up and used by people to denigrate the beliefs of others who don't worship the Abrahamic God, but worship another form of God.

muhammad_isa

..To answer my own question, I think "false god" is a term made up and used by people to denigrate the beliefs of others who don't worship the Abrahamic God, but worship another form of God.
Two things..

The Abrahamic God is a non-physical entity that is responsible for creating and maintaining the universe.

..so "other gods" might be true, or might be false.
It all depends .. it is hard to believe that a statue could be God, for example, because a statue cannot create a universe.