• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ the True God?

Is Jesus Christ the God, and all other gods are false gods, i.e. idols?

• Yes, you are right. Jesus Christ is the God, and all other gods are false gods, i.e. idols.

• No. I am sorry.

Results are only viewable after voting.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
..denial of what?
Denial that Christianity has settled this question in favor of Trinitarianism.

For example, the overwhelming majority of Chrsitians are Catholic. In Catholicism, the decisions of ecumenical councils are infallible. Therefore no future council or proclamation of the pope can contradict what a previous council has stated. So, then, the decrees of the Council of Nicea that Jesus is God are Catholicism forever.

Like I said. I may not like it. You may not like it. But we have to accept it and live with it.

muhammad_isa

Denial that Christianity has settled this question in favor of Trinitarianism.

For example, the overwhelming majority of Chrsitians are Catholic. In Catholicism, the decisions of ecumenical councils are infallible..
..whatever. :)

Like I said. I may not like it. You may not like it. But we have to accept it and live with it.
Does that include not pointing out the inconsistencies in such a belief?
Obviously, there is a place and time to do that.
I attend various services at churches .. I do not start arguing about the Divinity of Jesus in such a situation. ;)

IndigoChild5559

I attend various services at churches .. I do not start arguing about the Divinity of Jesus in such a situation. ;)
Oh, I challenge them all the time in this forum. Nothing wrong with that. But I'm not holding my breath. Chrisitianity is now and forever more will be Trinitarian.

Dogknox20

muhammad_isa it's a fact... Christians believe Jesus is God!
There is only one God; the God of the Christian is the true God, or the god of Muhammad ibn Abdullah is the true god the fact remains... One is not the same as the other!
There is only One Truth.... 2+2=4 yes there are close seconds, this is true.... Satan uses the close seconds to muddy the water to confuse truth with a lie!
Your god is NOT the Christian God!

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Your god is NOT the Christian God!
OK .. so you think you've got your own personal god..
Good luck with that. :)

Me? I'm quite happy to realise that God is One, and that God is aware of what is in our hearts.
I do not make any claims about other people worshiping satan and what have you. It is bordering on arrogance, imo.

Dogknox20

The God of the Christian is the >>>Same<<< God of the Jewish people, the people of Moses!
Matthew 1:16
and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

muhammad_isa The Messiah came to the people of Iseral 2000 years ago they rejected him, but it changed nothing!
Daniel 7:18
But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.’

Jesus set up his Kingdom two thousand years ago. Jesus built on Rock this means his Kingdom.; His Church; His Body will never fail!

Dogknox20

OK .. so you think you've got your own personal god..
Good luck with that. :)

Me? I'm quite happy to realise that God is One, and that God is aware of what is in our hearts.
I do not make any claims about other people worshiping satan and what have you. It is bordering on arrogance, imo.
muhammad_isa
1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

The Antichrist is a person!
The Antichrist is Anti-Christian!
muhammad_isa Clearly there are Persons that reject God for Satan their father!

As I pointed out above post... There is only One God and only one truth! Most people caught by the lies of Satan do not realize the error as I also pointed out above; Satan the father of lies muddies the water, he twists the truth, he is suttle in his teaching!

Dogknox20

Do you think that Christians and Jews worship the same God?
IndigoChild5559 do I think Christians and Jews worship the same God!?
I reply Yes; they do! All Christians worship the God of Abraham!
Jesus is God he came as the Messiah, and he was rejected by the Jews! This does not change the truth!
Matthew 1:16
and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

Jesus sits on the Throne of David!

2 Corinthians 11:22
Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I.

Acts 3:25
And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’

Acts 13:26
“Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

IndigoChild5559

The God of the Christian is the >>>Same<<< God of the Jewish people, the people of Moses!
1. You can make a good argument that this is not true. Chrsitians consider teh man Jesus to be God and worship him. Jews believe God is not a man. Sounds like different gods doesn't it?

2. The truth is that the Muslim concept of God is much more acceptable to Jews than the Chrsitian view. You can make a very good arguemnt that Muslims and Jews worship the same God. It's the Christian concept that has a hard time fitting in, first because it makes God many rather than one, and secondly because it makes a man to be God.

muhammad_isa

As for Catholics we worship the one God 'through and in the name of Jesus'.
That is how I tend to see it..
..but @Dogknox20 claims that "the Christian God" is the same as Jews worship, but not Muslims.
He claims that Muslims serve a "different God".

Strange, because I was raised as a Christian, and do not feel any different when praying to God, while believing in Muhammad as well as Jesus.

pearl

Strange, because I was raised as a Christian, and do not feel any different when praying to God, while believing in Muhammad as well as Jesus.

For whatever reason, which I do not understand, some people refer to a Christian God who does not exist, there is one, the God of Israel, there is no 'Christian' God.

Dogknox20

1. You can make a good argument that this is not true. Chrsitians consider teh man Jesus to be God and worship him. Jews believe God is not a man. Sounds like different gods doesn't it?

2. The truth is that the Muslim concept of God is much more acceptable to Jews than the Chrsitian view. You can make a very good arguemnt that Muslims and Jews worship the same God. It's the Christian concept that has a hard time fitting in, first because it makes God many rather than one, and secondly because it makes a man to be God.
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore, the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel.

IndigoChild5559 Christians believe the scriptures!

Daniel 7:27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’
IndigoChild5559 His kingdom is a kingdom of a man! It will last "Forever"!

he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm:
“‘You are my son;
today I have become your father.’
34 God raised him from the dead so that he will never be subject to decay. As God has said,
“‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings promised to David.’
35 So it is also stated elsewhere:
“‘You will not let your holy one see decay
.’

IndigoChild5559 Jesus rose from the dead! His body did not see decay!

2 Timothy 2:8
Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel,

IndigoChild5559 Anyone can say, “Your sins are forgiven,” but only God can actually forgive them. Jesus forgave sins!

Dogknox20

That is how I tend to see it..
..but @Dogknox20 claims that "the Christian God" is the same as Jews worship, but not Muslims.
He claims that Muslims serve a "different God".

muhammad_isa It's a fact.. Your god was unheard of until Muhammad came along! It is very clear he taught "Jesus is NOT God"! Muhammad' god (Your god) is master, his god demands servitude!
His god is violent demanding a, Tooth of a tooth, an eye for an eye! The Christian has a loving God!
The Christian' God is Father!
The Christian' God is "LOVE"!
The Christian' God teaches "Turn the other cheek"!
The Christian believes Jesus IS God!
The Christian is Child of God!
muhammad_isa Clearly the God of the Christian is not your god!

Thomas was one of Jesus' apostles he believed; Jesus is God!
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

muhammad_isa did you see it? .... you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed as Thomas!
Clearly those who reject Jesus as God are NOT blessed! It is very clear muhammad is NOT blessed he rejected what Thomas believed!

The Christian has roots going back through Jewish history to Abraham and Adam! Your religious roots START at Muhammad and about 600 A.D.! Your roots are shallow; you are taught Jesus is Not God!
This is a Fact: There can only be "One" Truth! (1) truth means; your god is the correct god or the Christian has the correct God because yours is opposite to the Christian God, yours is opposed to the Jewish God!!

IndigoChild5559

There's a difference between "worshipping through Jesus" versus "worshipping Jesus".
and catholics do worship Jesus. You have the priest consecrate the host. You put the host in the monstrance. And you sit in front of it praying, singing, whatever. I believe you call it adoration. It's worship of a deity. Throughout the Mass, jesus is also worshiped in hymns and prayers.

"Catholics absolutely worship Jesus" Do Catholics Worship Jesus? - Catholic Truth

muhammad_isa

The Christian' God is Father!
The Christian' God is "LOVE"!
The Christian' God teaches "Turn the other cheek"!
The Christian believes Jesus IS God!
Sorry .. that is all hypocrisy, imo.

First, you say God is "the Father", and then you say that Jesus is God..
Does that mean that Jesus is the Father?

..and this creed was promoted by the Roman Empire, threatening "heretics" with death?
Is that "turning the other cheek"?

..no .. it's hypocrisy. Roman law cannot replace the law of God.
It is falsehood.

IndigoChild5559

Sorry .. that is all hypocrisy, imo.

First, you say God is "the Father", and then you say that Jesus is God..
Does that mean that Jesus is the Father?

..and this creed was promoted by the Roman Empire, threatening "heretics" with death?
Is that "turning the other cheek"?

..no .. it's hypocrisy. Roman law cannot replace the law of God.
It is falsehood.
Do you really not know what Trinitarian theology is? Because you are coming across as disengenuous. I just thought I'd ask rather than assume.