• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to tell the truth about a lie?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
In rare circumstances, I think it is acceptable to perpetuate a lie. It is a technique that is sometimes used with extreme dementia and Alzheimer patients who are in institutional care.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How would God handle a paradox?

"I lie each and every time , and that's the truth".

susanblange

Everybody lies. There is a difference between lying and false witness. It is one of the seven deadly sins and includes swearing falsely by the name of God. There is coming a time when we won't have to lie anymore.

Electra

Truth is not always an absolute.
Something may be true for a certain thing but not over all. Is that then a lie?

Keep digging further to something 'more true'.. can we ever get to the centre? to pure Truth? would pure Truth also be pure Lies?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
In rare circumstances, I think it is acceptable to perpetuate a lie. It is a technique that is sometimes used with extreme dementia and Alzheimer patients who are in institutional care.

We're not talking about Alzheimer's patients though. We're talking about religions lying to their followers and telling them to go kill in the name of their faith. Or traditions that sentence people to a sort of hell on Earth.

No, it is not right to perpetuate lies.

Jihad will not earn ANYONE a place in paradise, you cannot earn rewards by hurting others (bad karma). Sorry. And the Pope cannot be infallible, he is a figure elected by other humans not ordained by God. And as long as we are talking karma, everyone participating in a caste system is either suffering now, or accruing bad karma by perpetuating a system that oppresses others. Kinda just leaves a few religions there.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
We're not talking about Alzheimer's patients though. We're talking about religions lying to their followers and telling them to go kill in the name of their faith. Or traditions that sentence people to a sort of hell on Earth.

No, it is not right to perpetuate lies.

Jihad will not earn ANYONE a place in paradise, you cannot earn rewards by hurting others (bad karma). Sorry. And the Pope cannot be infallible, he is a figure elected by other humans not ordained by God. And as long as we are talking karma, everyone participating in a caste system is either suffering now, or accruing bad karma by perpetuating a system that oppresses others. Kinda just leaves a few religions there.

If the subject is: "religions lying to their followers and telling them to go kill in the name of their faith. Or traditions that sentence people to a sort of hell on Earth."

then:

You are 100% correct.

Here is how I understood the OP.

The OP is expecting the reader to know the equivalence made by some theists that God is Truth. ( For those not familiar, It's similar to the idea that God is Love, but, from a different perspective and with a different implication. ) Then, I think, the OP is expecting the reader to use that equivalence to understand the question as shown below.

"When the truth is a lie and the truth tells that lie , is it wrong to tell the truth in Gods house?"

Translation:

"When God is a lie and God tells that lie, is it wrong to tell the truth in Gods House?"

More than anything, it's a silly play on words that's intended to point out how silly it is to believe that God is truth and to preach that truth in a Church, because, (according to some atheists), it's a lie. So, please understand, I was not taking the question as seriously as you are.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
When the truth is a lie and the truth tells that lie , is it wrong to tell the truth in Gods house?

I am against lying to people and using God as a tool

It is possible for a person to commit adultery
Then convince the girl that what she did enter the circle of humen acceptance and that God is merciful and will not punish us even if we continue? !!

I mean against deceiving ourselves because this will prompt an entire generation to practice wrong habits

Lying can not be a medication although temporarily analgesic, has complications

I apologize I did not understand the question well and wanted to participate