• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

keithnurse

The only thing that I can say is that God made sex to be between a man and a woman, inside of marriage, but other than that I cant think of anything.

PS. can somebody PM me how to set an avatar?
"God made sex to be between a man and a woman" Yet another unsupported assertion. Obviously we need women to be having sex with men to make more human beings but that doesn't mean homosexuality is wrong. Some people are attracted to people of the same gender. Your assertion that homosexuality is wrong is completely without foundation.

Trey of Diamonds

I was not saying that I want to cast other people in hell. I want to see as many people inside of heaven's gates as possibe.

I suppose that you could become gay, if raised in a gay home, or in differant environments than a typical home, but other than that my scource is pretty much testosterone (being a teenage boy)

Boy, you're making some huge assumptions that are very, very wrong. There is no such thing as a gay home, gay couples raise children and those children tend to be free to decide who they want to be, they are not forced or conditioned to be gay simply by having gay parents. There is no such thing as a typical home. The Brady Bunch and Cleaver homes are myths that never existed in real life.

Carico

Boy, you're making some huge assumptions that are very, very wrong. There is no such thing as a gay home, gay couples raise children and those children tend to be free to decide who they want to be, they are not forced or conditioned to be gay simply by having gay parents. There is no such thing as a typical home. The Brady Bunch and Cleaver homes are myths that never existed in real life.

That means they have no discipline and are encouraged to act out on whatever desires rule them. They thus need no parents if they can do anything they want. So the "mother" and "father" might as well leave home and get an apartment since they have nothing to teach their children.

gnomon

That means they have no discipline and are encouraged to act out on whatever desires rule them. They thus need no parents if they can do anything they want. So the "mother" and "father" might as well leave home and get an apartment since they have nothing to teach their children.

Useless assumption.

Trey of Diamonds

Everyone is born in sin so none of us can help our lust, greed, envy, sloth, pride, gluttony and anger.

No they aren't. Everyone is born in innocence, it is through their life that they are exposed to sin and must then make choices. This self hatred and idiotic idea that humans are born bad is one of the many things that drove me from the Baptist church. Thank all the Gods I found the UUs.

Trey of Diamonds

So, me saying they are free to make their own decisions means that there is no discipline in the house. Not forcing your children to believe exactly what you tell them to believe no matter what is not only bad parenting but abuse? You are one twisted individual. Glad you're not my parent.

keithnurse

Wrong again. Most gay people grew up in homes with a mother and father or a single or divorced mother or father and most receive discipline average parents give such as being told what time to go to bed, stealing and lying is wrong, do your homework, take out the garbage, etc. Children that are raised by gay parents are no more likely to be gay than those raised by heterosexual parents.

Carico

Wrong again. Most gay people grew up in homes with a mother and father or a single or divorced mother or father and most receive discipline average parents give such as being told what time to go to bed, stealing and lying is wrong, do your homework, take out the garbage, etc. Children that are raised by gay parents are no more likely to be gay than those raised by heterosexual parents.

What kind of discipline if homosexuals don't want a moral watchdog around? :confused: They're certainly not taught to contain their lust! Their children are modeled to act on whatever lust they want as long as they can find partners who like to act out as well. ;)

gnomon

Prove it. :) Or don't atheists think they have to back up their statements with facts?

There's nothing to back up. You inserted, aka assumed, something Trey never said.

That was easy.

Now if you really want an intelligent debate respond to my post (#386) earlier in this thread about human sexual development. A non-response to that post will allow me to conclude the best you can do is throw out inane non-sequitors in a is not/is so level of retarded debate.

Last edited:

Enlighten

Prove it. :) Or don't atheists think they have to back up their statements with facts?

I have asked about..... 3 times now to respond to a question I asked yesterday, you are obviously avoiding it for a reason?

EDIT: Given that you tell me I'm an athiest, I will back up my claims, for another ten mins then bed time here but I will ask you each day.. :)

Trey of Diamonds

What kind of discipline if homosexuals don't want a moral watchdog around? :confused: They're certainly not taught to contain their lust! Their children are modeled to act on whatever lust they want as long as they can find partners who like to act out as well. ;)

Your theory is based on the fact that homosexuality is only lust and that to allow a homosexual relationship to exist somehow promotes not only lust but all other amoral activities. Since the facts your theory are based on have no logical basis and stem completely from religions belief rather than scientific fact, its easy to see how wrong you are.

keithnurse

You are putting your ignorance on display for the entire world to see. What evidence is there that gay people have NO morals? or that they can't control lust. I don't go around just acting on any old impulse that comes to my mind. I choose what to do with my time and energy and it isn't all about sex.