• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong that a female portray Jesus Christ?

Shad

Veteran Member
You think that's bad?
Now there's talk of a handicapped differently abled black
Hasidic Jewish gender questioning transfemale James Bond.
Er...."Jamie" Bond.

Is the martini still shaken not stirred or did shaken transition into stirred?

QuestioningMind

Mother Angelica thought so in 1993.
I think so too.

I think it was an embarrassment to America when the Pope visited Denver to see a broad portraying Christ.

I do believe that God has one and only one begotten Son. No begotten daughters of God are ever mentioned in the Good Book.

Can you imagine a woman playing Babe Ruth in a film or even Neil Armstrong?
Can you imagine a girl playing Pinocchio?
Can you imagine a boy playing Mary, the Mother of Jesus (except in Shakespeare's time)?
Can you imagine a muscle man like Hulk Hogan, Arnold Schwarzenegger or the Iron Sheik playing Queen Victoria?

I find it both funny and sad that so many delicate snowflakes get their panties in a twist because someone wants to portray a fictional character as a different gender or race. They're FICTIONAL CHARACTERS for heaven's sake, everything about them is made up and can be changed at will. .

Shad

Veteran Member
Mother Angelica thought so in 1993.
I think so too.

I think it was an embarrassment to America when the Pope visited Denver to see a broad portraying Christ.

I do believe that God has one and only one begotten Son. No begotten daughters of God are ever mentioned in the Good Book.

Can you imagine a woman playing Babe Ruth in a film or even Neil Armstrong?
Can you imagine a girl playing Pinocchio?
Can you imagine a boy playing Mary, the Mother of Jesus (except in Shakespeare's time)?
Can you imagine a muscle man like Hulk Hogan, Arnold Schwarzenegger or the Iron Sheik playing Queen Victoria?

It really break immersion of a production in relation to movies you cited. Get use to it though. Hollywood is short on original ideas so will borrow existing stories to maintain their wokeness.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I saw a light haired white man portray Jesus in a church once. I thought that was very wrong. And all of those European paintings of Jesus as a light white guy, I think they should be burned. It is so wrong to depict Jesus in a way he didn't look. Since he was a Jew back in the day, he would have had dark hair, brown eyes and tan skin. We need to get rid of anything that doesn't show that. Wouldn't that include a lot of stuff at the Vatican and early Byzantine mosaics, any American made movies about Jesus, etc. Oh well, we can't have Jesus wrongly portrayed, can we?
Yup

An illustration of what Jesus was more likely to have looked like.

Jesus.png

And his probable height.

Jesus height.png

All in all
Jesus fictional and real.png

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Well, the Bodhisattva of Compassion can appear in many forms, male (Avalokiteshvara) or female (Kwan Yin.) Why not Jesus?

Jonathan Bailey

Not sure how that's relevant. You only talk about humans in your OP, and I specified humans in my response. I mean, if you want to bring the entire spectrum of biodiversity into this we can, but do so at your own risk because it will really not serve your argument well at all.

Sorry, I was tempted to throw that little fun fact of nature out there. The point was to show that I have no trouble accepting things of nature though some people may consider some such things weird. Yes, the main objective of my thread is to scorn the mocking of Jesus. It's nasty, quite impious, to mock such a holy person.