• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong that a female portray Jesus Christ?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A WWF wrestler from the 80's who played a villain.
th

He was born in Iran, became an amateur wrestler, & moved to the US to go pro.
I'm pretty sure that Iran didn't have sheiks.
But hey, he looks middle eastern, so might as well be one, eh.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Mother Angelica thought so in 1993.
I think so too.

I think it was an embarrassment to America when the Pope visited Denver to see a broad portraying Christ.

I do believe that God has one and only one begotten Son. No begotten daughters of God are ever mentioned in the Good Book.

Can you imagine a woman playing Babe Ruth in a film or even Neil Armstrong?
Can you imagine a girl playing Pinocchio?
Can you imagine a boy playing Mary, the Mother of Jesus (except in Shakespeare's time)?
Can you imagine a muscle man like Hulk Hogan, Arnold Schwarzenegger or the Iron Sheik playing Queen Victoria?
The titles father and son are about inheritance, and the stress is on that not upon their actual gender. Daughters can inherit property in the Torah, and we know that gender is unimportant in Christ. The main difference is that its fathers who teach the Torah, and its fathers who have to pacify their vengeful natures. The portrayal of Jesus and apostles as women wouldn't be all that different since in Christ we all have one father, one teacher.

It actually could be a good thing to occasionally try this out, so I wouldn't be too critical yet. It depends on what its about and what they are trying to do.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I think so too.

I think it was an embarrassment to America when the Pope visited Denver to see a broad portraying Christ.

I do believe that God has one and only one begotten Son. No begotten daughters of God are ever mentioned in the Good Book.

Can you imagine a boy playing Mary, the Mother of Jesus (except in Shakespeare's time)?
Can you imagine a muscle man like Hulk Hogan, Arnold Schwarzenegger or the Iron Sheik playing Queen Victoria?

Did she sport a beard at least? The son of God gots to have a beard. :D

Audie

Veteran Member
I think so too.

yuck, just yuck to this post. ugh.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think so too.

I certainly wasn't embarrassed, and don't know of anyone else who was either. From what I can tell the only "America" you speak of is you. Of course if you have evidence to the contrary please share.

Last edited:

dianaiad

A WWF wrestler from the 80's who played a villain.

Ah. OK.

To be honest, I thought those names were a little behind even my times. I was thinking more along the lines of Dwayne Johnson and/or Hugh Jackman (in his persona as Wolverine, not as a musical singing and dancing star...)

neither one of those would do to play Queen Victoria.

Christin Chenowick, perhaps....if, that is, Queen Victoria was a perky blonde soprano....

David1967

Premium Member
I think so too.

Jesus wasn't female, so what would be the point?

David1967

Premium Member
I think so too.

Today very little would surprise me.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I saw a light haired white man portray Jesus in a church once. I thought that was very wrong. And all of those European paintings of Jesus as a light white guy, I think they should be burned. It is so wrong to depict Jesus in a way he didn't look. Since he was a Jew back in the day, he would have had dark hair, brown eyes and tan skin. We need to get rid of anything that doesn't show that. Wouldn't that include a lot of stuff at the Vatican and early Byzantine mosaics, any American made movies about Jesus, etc. Oh well, we can't have Jesus wrongly portrayed, can we?
Yeah, what is up with people not getting offended when it comes to white guys portraying a brown-skinned Asiatic Middle Eastern Palestinian Jew?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I think so too.

Does the average Christian mind that much?

Whenever historic probabilities and possibilities about Jesus are discussed, or known problems with parts of the gospels, some Christians point out that the history is not as important as the spiritual messages. :shrug:

After all, didn't the early Catholic Church take great pains to reduce the masculinitry of Jesus in many paintings and likenesses?

Next thing you know, we're smacked with historic details!

Spiritual Jesus is probably as feminine as masculine..... possibly?

If it bothers you that's too sad, because you probably cannot do that much about it anyway.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
th

He was born in Iran, became an amateur wrestler, & moved to the US to go pro.
I'm pretty sure that Iran didn't have sheiks.
But hey, he looks middle eastern, so might as well be one, eh.
That's Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri. He's not in good shape. To my knowledge he's 79 years old.