• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong that a female portray Jesus Christ?

Neutral Name

There's a possibility Jesus may have been both male and female in terms of what organs he had, see this article:

Jesus may have been a hermaphrodite, claims academic

So at least one academic is entertaining it as a possibility

According to Wikipedia 1 in every 1,500 births is intersex, and those would be only the ones that are externally observable, so the true number is likely to be higher

Pic related, (far left)

View attachment 31090

If this were the case, a woman portraying him would be much less of an issue

But of course, we will never know until he returns. Not that it matters anyway...

Well, considering even the Vatican admitted that God is non-binary, who knows. I think the Bible was doctored to be male oriented anyway but if anyone admitted that, the Bible wouldn't be the inspired word of God. I wish everyone would realize that people wrote the Bible, not God. There are contradictions. One I discovered the other day is that God told Noah he could eat anything on earth Genesis 9:1-3 but told Moses not to eat pork, shellfish, etc. Leviticus.

Neutral Name

But people caring about gender is not the result of religion. Conservative fundamentalists are the ones that overemphasize traditionalism.

Thank you. As I said in another post, the Vatican has announced that it is known that God is non-binary because God is a spirit. If that is true and Jesus is God, Jesus would be non-binary or Jesus would not be God.

Neutral Name

But people caring about gender is not the result of religion. Conservative fundamentalists are the ones that overemphasize traditionalism.

Absolutely and they forget that Jesus said that love for others was the most important thing and not to judge others because no one is without sin, etc. None of them are actually Christians. They don't know Jesus at all.

Neutral Name

Any female that dares portray Our Lord and Savior is not worthy of the title "lady".

It's utter perversion. It's an abominable blasphemy. It's the devil's very own craft.

It makes a mockery of Christ. It vainly tries to cheapen divinity.

As I said in another post, the Vatican has announced that it is known that God is non-binary because God is a spirit. If that is true and Jesus is God, Jesus would be non-binary or Jesus would not be God.

Neutral Name

Not sure how that's relevant. You only talk about humans in your OP, and I specified humans in my response. I mean, if you want to bring the entire spectrum of biodiversity into this we can, but do so at your own risk because it will really not serve your argument well at all.

As I said in another post, the Vatican has announced that it is known that God is non-binary because God is a spirit. If that is true and Jesus is God, Jesus would be non-binary or Jesus would not be God.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Any female that dares portray Our Lord and Savior is not worthy of the title "lady".

It's utter perversion. It's an abominable blasphemy. It's the devil's very own craft.

It makes a mockery of Christ. It vainly tries to cheapen divinity.
dark-portrait-of-a-female-christ-v-ramon-martinez.jpg

I think a "Christetta" reboot would be a refreshing change to a rather stale mythology.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's one of the many, many reasons I am spiritual but not religious. I don't believe in religions.

But Paganism is a religion?

I'm so tired of "religion" having become a nasty word in the Western mindset because Westerners are stuck thinking "religion" necessarily looks like Abrahamic brand X, Y, or Z that they don't like. :(

dianaiad

Mother Angelica thought so in 1993.
I think so too.

I think it was an embarrassment to America when the Pope visited Denver to see a broad portraying Christ.

I do believe that God has one and only one begotten Son. No begotten daughters of God are ever mentioned in the Good Book.

Can you imagine a woman playing Babe Ruth in a film or even Neil Armstrong?
Can you imagine a girl playing Pinocchio?
Can you imagine a boy playing Mary, the Mother of Jesus (except in Shakespeare's time)?
Can you imagine a muscle man like Hulk Hogan, Arnold Schwarzenegger or the Iron Sheik playing Queen Victoria?

Jesus was/is male.

That's just the way it is.

Just because He was/is male, it doesn't mean that having a woman portray Him is blasphemy; it's just inaccurate.

I'm female. That's just the way it is. If Hollywood comes to its senses and makes my life into a (ok, very boring, going straight to video) movie, it wouldn't be gasp worthy or horrendous to portray me as male. It would simply be inaccurate.

But no, I couldn't imagine Hogan, Arnold or ...who the heck is the 'Iron Sheik?" playing Queen Victoria, who was all of tiny five feet high.

As for a woman 'playing' Neil Armstrong...no, because Armstrong was male. However, there HAVE been female astronauts. Quite a few of 'em.

Do not get confused here.

Now my own faith belief is that Jesus was/is the Son of God, not the Daughter of God...but that doesn't mean there is something intrinsically wrong with being a woman.

And your post certainly gives that impression...that because Jesus was/is the Son of God, that women are worthless and unthinkable.

Remember: His mother was a woman. I don't revere her to the extent Catholics do, but I DO understand that she was required.

..................and that while Jesus was/is His Son, WE are His daughters.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I think so too.

I think it was an embarrassment to America when the Pope visited Denver to see a broad portraying Christ.

I do believe that God has one and only one begotten Son. No begotten daughters of God are ever mentioned in the Good Book.

Can you imagine a boy playing Mary, the Mother of Jesus (except in Shakespeare's time)?
Can you imagine a muscle man like Hulk Hogan, Arnold Schwarzenegger or the Iron Sheik playing Queen Victoria?

Wait until they will use a trans to portray Jesus. Just a question of time. Which would be cool, I think. Sort of more encompassing.

Ciao

- viole

David T

Premium Member
I think so too.

"I do believe"

There you go. Step outside and take ten deep breathes and god will forgive you for your sin.

Practice this every time "i do believe" enters your mind until the sinning stops.