• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it true the Kabbha was a Hindu temple?

Surya Deva

Hi,

Please excuse my question. I have been reading some interesting articles recently which say that the Kabbha was an ancient Hindu shrine, which housed 360 idols of mainly Hindu gods and still contains a Shiva Linga black stone. Apparently Muslims still practice some of the Hindu rituals in the temple. Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Hi,

Please excuse my question. I have been reading some interesting articles recently which say that the Kabbha was an ancient Hindu shrine
Whoa. I doubt it. But research could throw light on this.
, which housed 360 idols of mainly Hindu gods
360 (give or take a few) idols yes. Hindu? I don't know.
and still contains a Shiva Linga black stone.
Hajr-e-Aswad was a stone from the heavens. I don't know the details but we definetely don't worship it. If someone whom I adore gives me his handkerchief I would treat the handkerchief with respect. But my love belongs only and only to the one I adore.
Apparently Muslims still practice some of the Hindu rituals in the temple. Is this true?
This is completely false. The Saudi government ensures it for one (and let me take this opportunity to laud them for the work they have done in Mecca which is quite satisfactory) that no one does anything that could hint shirk. And it is not true in any case.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Whoa. I doubt it. But research could throw light on this.

360 (give or take a few) idols yes. Hindu? I don't know.

Hajr-e-Aswad was a stone from the heavens. I don't know the details but we definetely don't worship it. If someone whom I adore gives me his handkerchief I would treat the handkerchief with respect. But my love belongs only and only to the one I adore.

This is completely false. The Saudi government ensures it for one (and let me take this opportunity to laud them for the work they have done in Mecca which is quite satisfactory) that no one does anything that could hint shirk. And it is not true in any case.

A rock falls out of the sky and someone thinks it is a gift from Allah. Rocks come down all the time. Are they all gifts from Allah? And why would Allah send us a rock? Does he think we need one?

~Amin~

God is the King
Hi,
Please excuse my question. I have been reading some interesting articles recently which say that the Kabbha was an ancient Hindu shrine,?
No
which housed 360 idols of mainly Hindu gods and still contains a Shiva Linga black stone. Apparently Muslims still practice some of the Hindu rituals in the temple. Is this true?
No, the Muslims therein practice only teachings of the Messenger of God,
not, inaccurate, or inauthentic, its true there were 360+ idols
which they worshiped, until God Almighty enlightened them with truth, that
we worship the creator of creation not the other way around, and that God created
the heavens and the earth(humans etc), not the other way around.

~Amin~

God is the King
A rock falls out of the sky and someone thinks it is a gift from Allah. Rocks come down all the time. Are they all gifts from Allah?
All that the Almighty Teaches us is a Blessing, and a Gift, yes.
And why would Allah send us a rock? Does he think we need one?
Its symbolic reminder of another realm, God doesn't think the way we do,
He the Almighty Knows, and not all things God does is that we need, but
certain thing are to contemplate on , some to learn, and some to Glorify
His Majesty, and so on.

herushura

Hubal was the Lord of the Kabbah, Allah being the highest ranking god of the 360 gods worshipped in the Kabah, Allah litterly means "Most High God"

The "360" are the Sumerian Sons of Gods, Sumerian Religion in which developed into hinduism
Kabbah = House of Habur, The First king of Sumeria is called Alulim.

Alulim = Alilah, Alulim is the ancient form of allah. both meaning most high

Each length of "reign" of a Sumerian "sons of God"
applies to a particular NAMED "heavenly" region
of the 360-degree "circle" of heaven. Astrology and Religion parallel

While they worshipped 360 gods at the Kabah in Mecca, the Moon-god was the chief deity. Mecca was in fact built as a shrine for the Moon-god, I say no more

Kabah was a sumerian temple, not a hindu temple.

Again in the bible, Alulim is called Elohim, in which the bible refences the 360 gods as sons of gods hundreds of times.
Psalm 82.1 says: ’elōhîm ('God') stands in the council of ’ēl
he judges among the gods (elohim).

The Sumerians called the 360 gods as "Sons of God"

Last edited:

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Thank you for the insight. It is quite interesting. I'll trade you frubals for the source(s) of this information.

herushura

A rock falls out of the sky and someone thinks it is a gift from Allah. Rocks come down all the time. Are they all gifts from Allah? And why would Allah send us a rock? Does he think we need one?

I dont see how Meteorites are Gifts, infact they can kill people

.lava

Veteran Member
Hi,

Please excuse my question. I have been reading some interesting articles recently which say that the Kabbha was an ancient Hindu shrine, which housed 360 idols of mainly Hindu gods and still contains a Shiva Linga black stone. Apparently Muslims still practice some of the Hindu rituals in the temple. Is this true?

yea very interesting books you read, really. Original Kabbha was built by Abraham (PBUH), not Hindus. name of the black stone comes from wife of a Prophet. as you see, however it is so tempting to believe "it was a Hindu temple and Muslims stole it from us", it, like many things you say about Islam- is just a lie.

Surya Deva

I dont see how Meteorites are Gifts, infact they can kill people

ROFL :biglaugh:

Yes,I don't accept this idea myself that the Kabbha stone is a piece of meteorite. I think Muslims have made that up to explain its existence. The stuff I've been reading is that it is a Shiva-Lingam, a black stone that is worshipped by Shiva worshippers. It's the only black stone I know off which is worshipped in the world and the Kabbha being a 'pagan' shrine in the past which was captured by Mohammed, may well have had a Shiva-Lingam in addition to the 360 idols.

The controversy begins here though. The stuff I've been reading actually says that not only is the Kabbha a Hindu shrine, that Mohammed's family were Shiva worshippers. This is why when he captured the shrine, he destroyed all the other idols except the Shiva-lingam which he honoured by kissing and his followers got angry and attacked it. Moreover, one of Shiva main symbol is the cresent moon, which he wears on the top of his head and another symbol is a water fount. It is very interesting that the Kabbha also has besides it a sacred fount!

.lava

Veteran Member
ROFL :biglaugh:

Yes,I don't accept this idea myself that the Kabbha stone is a piece of meteorite. I think Muslims have made that up to explain its existence. The stuff I've been reading is that it is a Shiva-Lingam, a black stone that is worshipped by Shiva worshippers. It's the only black stone I know off which is worshipped in the world and the Kabbha being a 'pagan' shrine in the past which was captured by Mohammed, may well have had a Shiva-Lingam in addition to the 360 idols.

The controversy begins here though. The stuff I've been reading actually says that not only is the Kabbha a Hindu shrine, that Mohammed's family were Shiva worshippers. This is why when he captured the shrine, he destroyed all the other idols except the Shiva-lingam which he honoured by kissing and his followers got angry and attacked it. Moreover, one of Shiva main symbol is the cresent moon, which he wears on the top of his head and another symbol is a water fount. It is very interesting that the Kabbha also has besides it a sacred fount!

you wish!

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
You really wish too much Suraj. I am not making this up I read it in a reliable source ... errr ... another forum. WOW.

The controversy does not begin where you begin it I must say.

herushura

Shive = Enlil as Destroyer, Enli, god of Air, thus Fire - Fire Destroys
Vishnu = Enki
Brahma = Anu

Sumerian Gods

Surya Deva

No my sources are not the forum, I am simply pointing out that this issue is not one that is made up, it is an issue Muslims are discussing themselves.

The Kabbah is a huge contradiction in Islam. It is vehemently opposed to idol worship, yet Muslims go on Hajj to the Kabbha annually and each take turns in going round the Hajj 7 times and kissing the black stone. Well, sorry, this is idol worship. It lends credence to the theory that it is a Shiva lingam and Mohammed only allowed it to remain and honoured it because his family were Shiva-worshippers.

There is a lot of proof that Hinduism was practiced in Arabia before Islam came and the fact that 360 idols were discovered and the significance of the black stone seems to lend huge credence to that. It would be really ironic if it was true :D

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Suraj if someone I dearly love gives me a gift I dearly love that gift. And out of love I might kiss the gift too. But to say that this means that my real love is for the gift and not for the one who gives the gift is a real stretch.

We love Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and adore him. But we don't worship him either ... we worship the One who commanded us to love him.

Another example. You love your father so you respect his friends. Those who helped him you treat them like they helped you. But the love originates from the love of your father and were you to find out they were not truly your father's friends you would not respect them anymore.

If your sources are literary please do provide them in any case. I might posses that paper you refer to.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
No my sources are not the forum, I am simply pointing out that this issue is not one that is made up, it is an issue Muslims are discussing themselves.

people are Muslims because they were born in an Islamic nation. there are Muslims who drink alcohol, never perform salaats and sincerely i do not expect those poor people to understand Islam. of course they are confused. if you're not willing to follow commands of God, then God would not lead to the truth. surprised? ahh don't be, that is justice. if i had suspicous about something else, i would not go and ask other Muslims for an answer, i would ask God and God would lead me to the answer. that's how individual's relation with God works. i am sorry if not all Muslims were on the path of Islam. so they make friends with dejjals and they unknowingly help him.

The Kabbah is a huge contradiction in Islam. It is vehemently opposed to idol worship, yet Muslims go on Hajj to the Kabbha annually and each take turns in going round the Hajj 7 times and kissing the black stone. Well, sorry, this is idol worship. It lends credence to the theory that it is a Shiva lingam and Mohammed only allowed it to remain and honoured it because his family were Shiva-worshippers.

Kabbha is a special building that has its place in what we call 'skies'. Abraham (PBUH) as a Prophet who saw God and skies was commanded to build the exact same of that divine building. and he did. it repeaired in time by helpers of God. only when people forgot the religion of God they started worshipping idols and just because they used to go Kabbha for centuries, that tradition was exchanged by worshipping idols. it was never built for worshipping idols. but people used to go their. therefor they took that divine place for their wicked and stupid beliefs. thank God our most beloved Mohammad (PBUH) broke all of those idiotic statues. those idols were always excuse for murdering innocent. people could come up and say "My idol commanded me to kill him". as usual, leaders of idol worshippers were cruel, demanding and pure ignorant. thank God it ended.

Middle East and area where Kabbha is, is where energy of this world centered. since this is metaphysical issue, that would be cruel to expect people to see it. yet if they could, they would see, it was not the building itself but it was magnificent coloumn of light where people make tours around. light of God cleans people and their energy feild. it is metaphysical shower.

There is a lot of proof that Hinduism was practiced in Arabia before Islam came and the fact that 360 idols were discovered and the significance of the black stone seems to lend huge credence to that. It would be really ironic if it was true :D

Arabia was Pagan. they worshipped idols. who cares if it was because of Hinduism or not. the most important thing is ingodliness has ended. black stone has nothing to do with ancient idols. it is there for rememberance. who knows its story would be happy to see it. but none of us would worshipped objects because there are no idols, there is only ALLAH!

MFaraz_Hayat

Not true. I ask you, produce this proof that "Hinduism" was practiced in Arabia. If one religion does idol-worship, and another religion also does idol-worship, it does not make both the religions same.
Does my memory deceive me, for I do not recall deities such as "Al-Lat" in Hinduism.
Plus, Muslims do not worship Ka'ba or the black stone.
Example is the saying of Hazrat Umar (P.B.U.H.), who said about the black stone, that " I kiss it only because my Prophet kissed it, for neither it can do me any harm nor any good".
Plus, Ka'ba is not worshipped as well. Muslims turn towards the Ka'ba as a sign of unity. At times of prayers, every muslim in this world (who is offering prayers) turns towards the Ka'ba(and prays to Allah, not the Ka'ba).
Muslims circumambulate around the Ka'ba, as a circle has only one centre. Thus enforcing the notion of One God.
Plus, evidence suggests that Hazrat Bilal (P.B.U.H.) used to climb the Ka'ba and call muslims for prayers. I don't think, that a worshipper ever climbs the idol he worsips......