• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it true that Saint Peter was crucified for denying Jesus

XIII-Legion

Luke 22:34 - Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: "Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." And he went outside and wept bitterly.

John 13:38 - Then Jesus answered, "Will you really lay down your life for me? Very truly I tell you, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times!

Matthew 26:34 - "Truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."

Matthew 26:75 - Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: "Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Therefore, do you think Jesus' disciple Peter will be punished on the last day of judgement for his betrayal of Jesus (Revelation 20:10-15, 21:8)?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
No. Peter was forgiven by Christ and reinstated in John 21.

15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah,[b] do you love Me more than these?”
He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”
He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”
16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah,[c] do you love Me?”
He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”
He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”
17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah,[d] do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”
And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.” 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”

Peter was called back to Christ and followed Him. He wasn't crucified for having denied Christ 60 years prior. He was crucified for his faith in Christ.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Peter denied Jesus three times and Jesus asked him three times "Do you love me?". That was when Peter was forgiven. At least that is what I gathered from the scriptures.