• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it time that the West changed its attitude towards the China?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Thanks for the clarification.

If those indigenous women have gone missing because the state does not like what they have said it is equally as deplorable.

Here in the UK, the establishment have tried to silence Tommy Robinson and I do not agree with that either.

Do you think that poverty is the main motivator behind the actions of the CCP in China and their influence in other countries?

China has already taken over the WHO.

I don't know enough about it (China) to comment. Indigenous women have gone missing mostly because of who they are, not because of what they have said. Remnants of imperialism. They're (indigenous peoples of Canada) still healing.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I don't know enough about it (China) to comment. Indigenous women have gone missing mostly because of who they are, not because of what they have said. Remnants of imperialism. They're (indigenous peoples of Canada) still healing.

Unfortunately, you are not the only one. This is why we need to listen to those that do.

What that WHO representative said seemed incredible, but in the UK, the police are shouting at people for being in their own garden. The police are patrolling the supermarket isles, making sure that non-essential items are not on display. A Common Purpose police chief told us in a broadcast interview that they are prepared to implement roadblocks in order to search peoples shopping for non-essential items. The police are charging up to people on horseback in parks when they suspect that those people are congregating. A man was arrested and threatened with pepper spray for the crime of shopping for his elderly mother.

UK lockdown: police apologise after man threatened with pepper spray

The Conservative government are doing their best to restrain the over reacting police forces, but imagine the chaos if the Corbinistas had taken power at the last general election.

MNoBody

an old proverb says, "even a poor man's field could produce abundant food,
but injustice sweeps it away"
and someone more recently said that our technology unites us but our institutions divide us.

we see in history, humanity having the apparatus of authority, yet not enough wisdom or compassion to run any system with the concept of justice explored equitably....the victims and the bodies [known and still missing] are evidence of this diseased infrastructure and its failures
perhaps that is a dream in this harsh world of realism to think that this species has any chance of accomplishing this exploration to any satisfying position, since history and current events do nothing to inspire or instill any sense of optimism.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The Conservative government are doing their best to restrain the over reacting police forces, but imagine the chaos if the Corbinistas had taken power at the last general election.

That is a non sequitur.
( with all their other faults,The far left have never favoured strong action by the police.)

Notanumber

A Free Man
It looks like the British are starting to wake up.

Sir Iain Duncan Smith also said: "As a result of Beijing’s cover-up and delay, global health experts are convinced the rest of the world had insufficient time to prepare for the pandemic, which means the effect of the outbreak has most likely been worse.

“For too long, nations have lamely kow-towed to China in the desperate hope of winning trade deals.

“But once we get clear of this terrible pandemic, it is imperative that we all rethink that relationship and put it on a much more balanced and honest basis.”

Britons FURIOUS at Beijing for COVID-19 outbreak as they demand an END to trade with China

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It looks like the British are starting to wake up.

Sir Iain Duncan Smith also said: "As a result of Beijing’s cover-up and delay, global health experts are convinced the rest of the world had insufficient time to prepare for the pandemic, which means the effect of the outbreak has most likely been worse.

“For too long, nations have lamely kow-towed to China in the desperate hope of winning trade deals.

“But once we get clear of this terrible pandemic, it is imperative that we all rethink that relationship and put it on a much more balanced and honest basis.”

Britons FURIOUS at Beijing for COVID-19 outbreak as they demand an END to trade with China

That is an Incredibly unbalanced report, but not unexpected from a rightwing paper trying o make excuses for the Governments poor performance and late response to the virus threat.

Every one in the UK was aware of the Virus early in December, as it was reported by most papers and TV at that time.
As Pandemics are Inevitable, and their threat is being constantly monitored, it is untrue to say that we should not have been full prepared for the possibility. We have a department established to prepare for just such situations, however it appears to have been sleeping on the job.

The rundown state of the NHS and emergency services, and the inaction of the Government led to an almost impossible situation. with a massive lack of supplies, equipment, personnel and ward space to deal with the situation.
None of these thing can in anyway be blamed on the Chinese.
They were our own lack of preparedness. and lack of financial support.

I do not know anyone who is furious at the Chinese for the the Virus, nor do they believe it is related in anyway to trade with China.
I can not even imagine how the end of trade with China wold help in any way. It is the worst possible knee jerk reaction that could have long lasting and serious consequences for everyone.

Notanumber

A Free Man
That is an Incredibly unbalanced report, but not unexpected from a rightwing paper trying o make excuses for the Governments poor performance and late response to the virus threat.

Every one in the UK was aware of the Virus early in December, as it was reported by most papers and TV at that time.
As Pandemics are Inevitable, and their threat is being constantly monitored, it is untrue to say that we should not have been full prepared for the possibility. We have a department established to prepare for just such situations, however it appears to have been sleeping on the job.

The rundown state of the NHS and emergency services, and the inaction of the Government led to an almost impossible situation. with a massive lack of supplies, equipment, personnel and ward space to deal with the situation.
None of these thing can in anyway be blamed on the Chinese.
They were our own lack of preparedness. and lack of financial support.

I do not know anyone who is furious at the Chinese for the the Virus, nor do they believe it is related in anyway to trade with China.
I can not even imagine how the end of trade with China wold help in any way. It is the worst possible knee jerk reaction that could have long lasting and serious consequences for everyone.

When Taiwan tried to notify the WHO in December 31 about the coronavirus potential human-to-human transmission, its message went unheeded as the organisation refused to answer or transmit it through its internal members’ data exchange website. Instead, for most of January, the WHO followed China in claiming there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.

Taiwan went ahead with its coronavirus strategy based on the possibility of human-to-human transmission, but most of the world was misled by statements put out by China and the WHO that said this wasn’t possible.

On January 20, China admitted that the coronavirus was indeed spreading between people. Valuable weeks were lost as countries were lulled into complacency by a false sense of security.

The WHO’s mistreatment of Taiwan is amplified by its very conspicuous obsequiousness towards China. Besides repeatedly flattering China and Xi Jinping, the WHO has also parroted Chinese talking points about the coronavirus such as claiming there was no human-to-human coronavirus transaction.

When countries like the US and Australia imposed flight travel bans against China in January, the WHO echoed China by slamming the restrictions, claiming that the maintenance of trade and travel was essential. By now, there is no question over the necessity of travel bans, with China in effect halting air travel from foreign countries.

Blocking Taiwan from helping the world to tackle Covid-19 is a travesty for the WHO | Hong Kong Free Press HKFP

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
When Taiwan tried to notify the WHO in December 31 about the coronavirus potential human-to-human transmission, its message went unheeded as the organisation refused to answer or transmit it through its internal members’ data exchange website. Instead, for most of January, the WHO followed China in claiming there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.

Taiwan went ahead with its coronavirus strategy based on the possibility of human-to-human transmission, but most of the world was misled by statements put out by China and the WHO that said this wasn’t possible.

On January 20, China admitted that the coronavirus was indeed spreading between people. Valuable weeks were lost as countries were lulled into complacency by a false sense of security.

The WHO’s mistreatment of Taiwan is amplified by its very conspicuous obsequiousness towards China. Besides repeatedly flattering China and Xi Jinping, the WHO has also parroted Chinese talking points about the coronavirus such as claiming there was no human-to-human coronavirus transaction.

When countries like the US and Australia imposed flight travel bans against China in January, the WHO echoed China by slamming the restrictions, claiming that the maintenance of trade and travel was essential. By now, there is no question over the necessity of travel bans, with China in effect halting air travel from foreign countries.

Blocking Taiwan from helping the world to tackle Covid-19 is a travesty for the WHO | Hong Kong Free Press HKFP

The problem of the recognition of Taiwan will continue until there is a peace treaty between both administrations, or Taiwan returns to the fold. until then it will remain in limbo.
It takes two to tango.

Wandering Monk

I think one could make the case that Nixon/Kissinger policy of engagement with China, showing China the benefit of becoming part of the world economy, has resulted in important reforms in China that has raised the standard of living and education for her population. Both of these are necessary for real political reform. That will come eventually I believe.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I "believe" the Chinese government as much as I do the Trump administration.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I "believe" the Chinese government as much as I do the Trump administration.

All politicians are liars. It is part of their job description, but the CCP take it to the highest level possible.

At least you are allowed to criticise the Trump administration in the USA. Try criticising the CCP in China and see how far you get.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
All politicians are liars.
I don't use that terminology ("liars") because that labels the entire person. Nor do I accept or use "false equivalences" since all politicians don't lie at the same rate nor commit the same lies.

It is part of their job description, but the CCP take it to the highest level possible.
Since Trump has been averaging 10 lies per day according to the WaPo and the Toronto Star, I do believe that he likely must hold some sort of record.;) Maybe the Chinese are trying to catch up to him?:shrug:

At least you are allowed to criticise the Trump administration in the USA. Try criticising the CCP in China and see how far you get.
This has literally nothing to do with what I posted, so creating such a strawman is really quite disingenuous.