• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it time that the West changed its attitude towards the China?

Notanumber

A Free Man
This woman believes it is and I agree with her.

Surely, the CCP virus is the last straw regardless of what the United Nations and the W.H.O. would have us believe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Surely, the CCP virus is the last straw regardless of what the United Nations and the W.H.O. would have us believe.
I actually like the Chinese people. Unfortunately its communist regime from the takeover that occurred only 75 years ago is the one thats causing the problems.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The West has become far too reliant on China and its CCP regime.

Putting all our eggs in one basket is not the answer no matter how appealing it may appear to consumers of cheap goods.

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
I actually like the Chinese people. Unfortunately its communist regime from the takeover that occurred only 75 years ago is the one thats causing the problems.

Is this man talking rubbish?

Taiwan seems like a much better place to live.

Could China take Taiwan by force?

Why is Hong Kong so concerned if the CCP is no threat?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

The Chinese culture before CCP takeover was a rich and good culture and its 5000 years old or older. But CCP has managed to destroy China from within only within a few decades.
So I agree with the woman and I am glad you brought this forward @Notanumber.

Communism not only in China but everywhere has to be stopped. And the root cause of evil is within CCP.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The WHO has been criticised for mishandling epidemics before, but its response to Covid-19 has been dangerously inept and often bizarre. In mid-January, approximately six weeks after the virus had been discovered in Wuhan, the WHO repeated the dishonest claim from the Chinese government that there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission. On 21 January, as countries outside China were reporting their first cases, the WHO retreated to its comfort zone and put out a long Twitter thread about the dangers of vaping,

Trump is right: the rotten World Health Organisation should be reformed or abolished

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Is this man talking rubbish?

What is not just bias, is rubbish. But it would be foolish to think that there are no difference between the various Chinese territories and that there is no conflict of ideas between them.

(quote)Taiwan seems like a much better place to live.(/quote)

mainland china is less politically free But Taiwan is locked into its own system, there will be happy fulfilled people in both parts of China.

Could China take Taiwan by force?
Of course it could, but it is not in its interest to do so at this time. Taiwan will inevitably return to the rest of China at some stage anyway. China always takes the long view.

Why is Hong Kong so concerned if the CCP is no threat?

Because it is slowly losing its autonomy and distinct way of life. however it is not in China's interest to lose the cash cow that is Hong Kong as a free port, so will maintain some distinctions with mainland China.
Macau seems to have found a less aggressive stance.

When Chiang Kai-shek retreated to the Chinese territory of Formosa (Taiwan) as the communist routed his remaining forces. That island never ceased being part of China. It is unlikely in the extreme, that the Chinese will ever cede that territory to anyone.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Xenophobia strikes again
Often by people who haven't traveled much ... just where are they getting their information? The last time Boss and me went to India it was west from Canada via Vancouver - Beijing - Delhi. I learned a lot on that trip.

I learned that the xenophobia between Indians and Chinese is strong just because of the behaviours on the plane. I learned that the Chinese have controls in place, yet when humanity comes about, they can drop them too. At the airport we had to stand on marked spots for the camera, had to go into the country, and back out just for the transit. But I also learned you will be taken care of, as our flight was delayed by a day, and all that security stuff went out the window just to get us to the hotel for the overnight stay. I learned that Indians will eat Chinese food when they're hungry, not complaining.

On the way back I learned that a capitalist in China can make more money than he can in America, by working for the right company in the right place, and that a situation there could be better than here in Canada. (A passenger shared his insights with me ... he was Canadian coming home for a visit, but couldn't wait to return to China where he felt safer, richer, and more comfortable.)

So yeah ... travel, share food, get to know folks from other places ... xenophobia will slowly dissipate.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Often by people who haven't traveled much ... just where are they getting their information? The last time Boss and me went to India it was west from Canada via Vancouver - Beijing - Delhi. I learned a lot on that trip.

I learned that the xenophobia between Indians and Chinese is strong just because of the behaviours on the plane. I learned that the Chinese have controls in place, yet when humanity comes about, they can drop them too. At the airport we had to stand on marked spots for the camera, had to go into the country, and back out just for the transit. But I also learned you will be taken care of, as our flight was delayed by a day, and all that security stuff went out the window just to get us to the hotel for the overnight stay. I learned that Indians will eat Chinese food when they're hungry, not complaining.

On the way back I learned that a capitalist in China can make more money than he can in America, by working for the right company in the right place, and that a situation there could be better than here in Canada. (A passenger shared his insights with me ... he was Canadian coming home for a visit, but couldn't wait to return to China where he felt safer, richer, and more comfortable.)

So yeah ... travel, share food, get to know folks from other places ... xenophobia will slowly dissipate.

Without travelling to China, I am confident in saying that far more good people have gone missing in China compared to Canada.

When someone is brave enough to call out an authoritarian regime such as China, the least we can do is listen to what they have to say.

The WHO has been found out.

The United Nations is no better.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Fan shen opened my eyes, in just so many ways. The feudal system, (of which Imperial China was a glaring example), although stable, had a large majority living way way below the poverty line. Speaking of people going missing ... well?

But this argument always goes nowhere. Communism is bad. China is bad. I get it.

I just don't see life in good/bad terms.

An obvious example is those very same folks who go nuts on China and communism often attend churches, which, by their very nature, only got there because people realised they could have a communal (note the root word, please) house of worship if they banded together in a spirit of co-operation.

So it's deeper ... the study of human behaviour is complex.

Edited to add .... Fanshen - Wikipedia

Notanumber

A Free Man
Fan shen opened my eyes, in just so many ways. The feudal system, (of which Imperial China was a glaring example), although stable, had a large majority living way way below the poverty line. Speaking of people going missing ... well?

But this argument always goes nowhere. Communism is bad. China is bad. I get it.

I just don't see life in good/bad terms.

An obvious example is those very same folks who go nuts on China and communism often attend churches, which, by their very nature, only got there because people realised they could have a communal (note the root word, please) house of worship if they banded together in a spirit of co-operation.

So it's deeper ... the study of human behaviour is complex.

Edited to add .... Fanshen - Wikipedia

You seem to accept people going missing as an acceptable part of communism.

As an Atheist, I do not accept it as an acceptable part of humanity.

Obviously, I am concerned about the plight of the Chinese population but I am even more concerned about the grip that the CCP is having on the free world.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You seem to accept people going missing as an acceptable part of communism.

As an Atheist, I do not accept it as an acceptable part of humanity.

Obviously, I am concerned about the plight of the Chinese population but I am even more concerned about the grip that the CCP is having on the free world.

No I don't accept it. The number of indigenous women gone missing on a stretch of highway west of here is equally as discouraging. So too are folks locked up for life for misdemeanours when, with a little help, they could be great contributors to society. Speaking of a free world and all. Poverty is a world wide phenomenon.

Notanumber

A Free Man
No I don't accept it. The number of indigenous women gone missing on a stretch of highway west of here is equally as discouraging. So too are folks locked up for life for misdemeanours when, with a little help, they could be great contributors to society. Speaking of a free world and all. Poverty is a world wide phenomenon.

Thanks for the clarification.

If those indigenous women have gone missing because the state does not like what they have said it is equally as deplorable.

Here in the UK, the establishment have tried to silence Tommy Robinson and I do not agree with that either.

Do you think that poverty is the main motivator behind the actions of the CCP in China and their influence in other countries?

China has already taken over the WHO.