• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it stupid to date older women?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Age is a random number. It affects what you can remember, but not who you are.

I dated someone 15 years younger for 7 years. I married someone 7 years younger and we are still very good friends.

The biggest problem in dating someone significantly younger is that they don't remember events and don't recognize cultural references. And that isn't really a big problem.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
This brings up a question that I've always wondered: what if we lived longer?

Vampires are immortal, right? Dracula would be about 600 years old by now. Can he only date people that were turned into vampires around the same time that he did? Is there that much of a difference between being 600 years old and 500 years old?

I suppose we couldn't know without actually living that long, but a "half your age plus seven" rule seems like it would scale well for immortals, too. Then Dracula could date anyone turned during the Renaissance, which intuitively feels more right to me.

What ultimately matters is life (or afterlife) experiences. Age just isn't the relevant variable. Maturity is. Both ways.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Age is a random number. It affects what you can remember, but not who you are.

I dated someone 15 years younger for 7 years. I married someone 7 years younger and we are still very good friends.

The biggest problem in dating someone significantly younger is that they don't remember events and don't recognize cultural references. And that isn't really a big problem.
And it can be embarrassing at prom. So...

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Like, if they have grey hair and I don't. Is that a really bad idea?
Depends what you're after. The first task of management is to get a clear answer to the question, What am I trying to do?

(And if you have any problems, you can always ask Emmanuel Macron.)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Not necessarily, though with a big age gap, priorities and interests could be very different.

So explore the priorities and interests and see if they match. Just like you would do for someone your own age.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It's all relative is it not?

I married and older women 41 years ago. We dated for a whole 3 days.

P/S and she is still older :D;)

Regards Tony

You've got me beat! I married my husband after two months. Three days is quite surprise!

Mind if I ask you the story behind that?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You've got me beat! I married my husband after two months. Three days is quite surprise!

Mind if I ask you the story behind that?

You actually beat us, we'll done :) I hope all is good for you both.

We were engaged after 3 days, would have married, but the family wanted to arrange a wedding, so the wedding ended up 3 months after engagement.

It was one of those instant attractions at first site, I had gone to visit a friend just after sunset with 2 army buddies, and my wife opened the door and that was that. We found the deeper connection on the first night, we started chatting and before we knew it it was morning, a night of talking.

We actually lived in my Panel van from day 3 for a while, at the house where we met, before we found our first place, prior to the wedding.

Regards Tony

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You actually beat us, we'll done :) I hope all is good for you both.

We were engaged after 3 days, would have married, but the family wanted to arrange a wedding, so the wedding ended up 3 months after engagement.

It was one of those instant attractions at first site, I had gone to visit a friend just after sunset with 2 army buddies, and my wife opened the door and that was that. We found the deeper connection on the first night, we started chatting and before we knew it it was morning, a night of talking.

We actually lived in my Panel van from day 3 for a while, at the house where we met, before we found our first place, prior to the wedding.

Regards Tony

That's awesome! Sometimes you just know. :)

What's a Panel van?