• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it stupid to date older women?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Hair's a bad indicator of age, anyways. Some people go grey quite young, and others never really do.
Seriously. I know a guy who started acquiring his salt-and-pepper coat before he turned 30, and I went to school with one who had grey-ish tips before he turned 20.
The one shock-white haired girl I met had dyed it, though.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Depends on your age. If you under 18 yes it is creepy bad idea. And at 18-21 it's kinda iffy consentwise to mess around or be with someone like 40 as some cases I'd say the younger person could be manipulated with that big of an age gap but they might not be depending on the circumstances... But in general adults are fine to be with whoever they want even if it's an older woman. As long as there's clear consent with another adult and no coercion or manipulation and it's a healthy relationship. Depending on how big of an age gap I gather it may be difficult to bridge said gap.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Depending on how big of an age gap I gather it may be difficult to bridge said gap.

Sometimes it can be more of a question of different stages of life more so than the age itself. It can be a real hurdle(though a few do manage to make it work).

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Not entirely. Depends on how much older. If you have to break her out of a geriatric home for a date, then maybe it's too much.
The person is employed, but people in the small town would talk. They would assume it was an unequal arrangement, possibly that I was a gold digger or a nutcase.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The person is employed, but people in the small town would talk. They would assume it was an unequal arrangement, possibly that I was a gold digger or a nutcase.

Screw what people think. You know what your intentions are, and that's what's important.

Give them something to talk about.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
So? If your intentions are genuine none of what others think matter. Unless you actually are a nutter digging at some gold. :D

Just let it happen for a while and see where it all goes.

Give them something to talk about.

Thanks. For the record I'm just floating a question hypothetically, in case. :cool: There is no imminent relationship.

VoidCat

Sometimes it can be more of a question of different stages of life more so than the age itself. It can be a real hurdle(though a few do manage to make it work).
That's kinda what I was trying to say or was thinking.

Edit: I don't see why anyone who is around say in their 40s or 50s or older would hook up with someone who is like 18-21 cuz to me it screams red flags. Most likely they are with said person cuz folk their own age are harder to manipulate. Sometimes that's not the case but someone that young is very easily manipulated in a larger age gap relationship cuz they won't see spot many red flags as an older person would

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That's kinda what I was trying to say or was thinking.

Edit: I don't see why anyone who is around say in their 40s or 50s or older would hook up with someone who is like 18-21 cuz to me it screams red flags. Most likely they are with said person cuz folk their own age are harder to manipulate. Sometimes that's not the case but someone that young is very easily manipulated in a larger age gap relationship cuz they won't see spot many red flags as an older person would

A thirty year age gap would be a bit much...

But I did have a coworker in her early 20s marry a man of 40, and they seemed to make it work alright.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Like, if they have grey hair and I don't. Is that a really bad idea?

I think it would only be a bad idea if there would be major problems in the relationship. One example of a major problem would be having to hide the relationship from her spouse if she is married. Even if she is in the process of getting divorced, wait until later. Another example of a major problem is that you might become a kind of outcast to other people, but this would only be a problem if you have the need for lots of fake friends. :)

If you two are adults and you both know what you want, no problem. A good relationship is a good idea!

Anyway, I'm attracted to older women, so I'd date a woman with long grey hair if I ever get the chance. Of course, as long as I don't have to break her out of a nursing home, as @Viker mentioned.

VoidCat

A thirty year age gap would be a bit much...

But I did have a coworker in her early 20s marry a man of 40, and they seemed to make it work alright.
That's nice. Just saying that's something I've noticed with folk who are 18-21 hooking up with folk who are much much older. It's often from what I've seen is the older person wants to manipulate. However thats not always the case and im glad it has worked out for your friend

Ella S.

*temp banned*
All relationships are unique, ultimately. It would depend on the older woman and your relationships with her.

Does she treat you well? Do you treat her well? Do you get along? Are you related? Is she suffering from some sort of disorder like dementia or Alzheimer's where she can't really consent to a relationship? Are you her caretaker? Are you both over the age of consent?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Like, if they have grey hair and I don't. Is that a really bad idea?

Honestly I would look at age range, in proximity to yours. As opposed to looks. I mean I have grey hair, am I excluded from dating now unless the other person has grey hair (not that I need to date anyone other than my wife lol).

+-7 years depending on how old you are is common I think.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly I would at age range, in proximity to yours. As opposed to looks. I mean I have grey hair, am I excluded from dating now unless the other person has grey hair (not that I need to date anyone other than my wife lol).

Thanks for the insight, The Hammer.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Honestly I would look at age range, in proximity to yours. As opposed to looks. I mean I have grey hair, am I excluded from dating now unless the other person has grey hair (not that I need to date anyone other than my wife lol).

This brings up a question that I've always wondered: what if we lived longer?

Vampires are immortal, right? Dracula would be about 600 years old by now. Can he only date people that were turned into vampires around the same time that he did? Is there that much of a difference between being 600 years old and 500 years old?

I suppose we couldn't know without actually living that long, but a "half your age plus seven" rule seems like it would scale well for immortals, too. Then Dracula could date anyone turned during the Renaissance, which intuitively feels more right to me.