• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it really only atheists who make life hard for believers?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Anything that contributes to loss of economic and personal freedom is authoritarian. I don't play with those little grey areas people use to justify this disgusting trend, hence the attempts at putting lipstick on a pig, that is nothing but authoritarianism.

Democrats are authoritarian.
Anything? So a loss of the right to rape your neighbour's child is "authoritarian?" My goodness! The "loss of economic freedom," does that not seem to suggest to you that you should have the right to sacrifice anything -- including the ability of the earth to sustain the people on it -- for a profit? Do you see no limit whatever to "economic freedom?"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Anything? So a loss of the right to rape your neighbour's child is "authoritarian?" My goodness! The "loss of economic freedom," does that not seem to suggest to you that you should have the right to sacrifice anything -- including the ability of the earth to sustain the people on it -- for a profit? Do you see no limit whatever to "economic freedom?"
Your tripping over your own shoelaces I think.

Even your smart enough to know extremes lead to consequences. Simple cause and effect stuff.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
For me, I think both sides aren't doing the best job, and I welcome younger folk running the country, because it's mostly older folk now, because in situations when X isn't effective, sometimes it's time to try Y. So I think with these older men and women, on both sides, making so many mistakes, perhaps there needs to be a big change similar to changing a starting Quarterback. A big switch up.

That's not to say older people are bad. There are many who could run effectively, but they never get picked.

We keep getting the same people who are not only older, but in extremely poor mental and physical health, to run.

It's the same old circus in Washington, but every two years we replace the old clowns in Congress with new ones. Every four years, we replace the elected clown in the Oval Office with a newly elected clown. The same circus, just different clowns running the show.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Your tripping over your own shoelaces I think.

Even your smart enough to know extremes lead to consequences. Simple cause and effect stuff.
No, I simply think that there are reasonable limits that we can agree -- as humans, as societies, as a species -- to put on everything. If you disagree, please tell me what you would not think was a reasonable limit.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
My bad, I should have stated "soon-to-be" in place of "now" There is a tax law prohibiting tax exempt organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates. Churches involved in supporting or opposing a political candidate are suppose to lose their tax exempt status,
And let us hope this happens sooner, rather than later!

Viker

Häxan
It's very hard to know where to put this. While I was reading @Seeker of White Light's thread on staying away from religious debate, I was also listening to a Christian Pastor from Tennessee making a rant that sickened me. And it made me wonder -- are we not supposed to speak up against this? Are we required, because he has freedom of speech, to just say "Amen?"

Here's part of what he said:

“If you vote Democrat, I don’t even want you around this church. You can get out. You can get out, you demon. You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation. I don’t care how mad that makes you. You can get as pissed off as you want to. You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation.... You cannot be a Democrat and a Christian. You cannot. Somebody say, ‘Amen.’ The rest of you get out! Get out!”

As part of the same rant, the pastor added, “I ain’t playin’ your stupid games.... I’m sick of it. Everyone wanna talk about the insurrection? Mmmm. Let me tell you something: You ain’t seen the insurrection yet. You keep on pushing our buttons, you low-down, sorry compromisers, you God-hating communists, maybe you’ll find out what an insurrection is.”

Now, imagine if this was in a mosque, and instead of a Christian pastor, an Imam said: 'You ain’t seen the insurrection yet. You keep on pushing our buttons, you low-down, sorry compromisers, you God-hating communists, maybe you’ll find out what an insurrection is.”

Would that Imam not be thought to be inciting Muslims to rise up against the nation? Would there not be a nation-wide out-cry?

Republicans on the Forum, who constantly claim that Democrats are the root cause of all your problems, I'd especially like to hear from you on this. Because this (I'll call him) "gentleman" is also a Republican, died-in-the-wool.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1526048899810615301

Christian pastor's anti-Democrat tirade raises eyebrows — and legal questions
Seems like just another extreme right radical hate group with a hate monger for a leader.

I believe that churches such as his, by endorsing candidates and being partisan, do not deserve tax exempt status. And the type of speech he was using, threatening more insurrection, should not be protected by Constitutional law (or further investigated). I wonder if his church is even not for profit...or is it just another exempt business like many of this kind of establishment.

InChrist

Free4ever
Can you demonstrate anything approaching objective evidence that this supernatural curse is real?
Sin simply means doing wrong or missing the standard of perfection. If you can’t see evidence of the way people treat others wrongly in your own life or the world we live in, then I can’t help you to see it’s real.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
First, I think this pastor is a dangerous man, and he should be closely observed by the appropriate authorities to ensure that he doesn't hurt anyone or he doesn't incite violence that leads to a hate crime against Democrats.
Yeah, tomorrow he may take up a gun and shoot people.
Note that this is what is happening in India in millions of mosques by Middle-East or India-trained imams (with their Friday sermons). Indian Christians too are not 'washed in milk'.
"India is home to 10.9% of the world's Muslim population. According to Pew Research Center, there can be 213 million Muslims in 2020, India's 15.5% population." Islam in India - Wikipedia

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
@Twilight Hue We've tackled this multiple times, but you've an embarrassing habit of conveniently forgetting.

Which party has a history of opposing LGBT rights, gay marriage, women's rights, contraception, cannabis legalization, flag burning, anthem kneeling, the establishment clause, violence in video games, explicit music, gambling, adult entertainment industry, "blasphemous" art, "satanic" music, "witchcraft" based books and games (i.e. Harry Potter and D&D), legalized prostitution, "controversial" books, public breastfeeding, sitting during the pledge, alcohol sales on Sunday, etc.

That's a long, damning list. So now I invite you to make a list of freedoms liberals oppose.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'd really like @Seeker of White Light to read what you wrote, because I think it speaks strongly to what he is experiencing in his own thread.
I do not hate atheists, but a certain person who never give up mocking Muslims or Islam should know when enough is enough.

I do not care about my ien faith being ripped apart from a non believer who don't have a clue what spiritual practice is. But I dislike when that person do those things to others.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
@Twilight Hue We've tackled this multiple times, but you've an embarrassing habit of conveniently forgetting.

Which party has a history of opposing LGBT rights, gay marriage, women's rights, contraception, cannabis legalization, flag burning, anthem kneeling, the establishment clause, violence in video games, explicit music, gambling, adult entertainment industry, "blasphemous" art, "satanic" music, "witchcraft" based books and games (i.e. Harry Potter and D&D), legalized prostitution, "controversial" books, public breastfeeding, sitting during the pledge, alcohol sales on Sunday, etc.

That's a long, damning list. So now I invite you to make a list of freedoms liberals oppose.

Here's another long damming .list....

https://civilcandor.com/freedoms-democrats-take-away-are-not-coming-back/

It's also the freedoms involving private ownership and use in favor of a centralized state authority that says you own it, but Democrats, hence the government, controls what you can or cannot do with your private property along with its use.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/02/4_ways_democrats_want_to_ruin_your_life.html

Centralized Power and Party Rule - Citizens Journal

Sound familiar?

Here's also a link when that you can once again predictably blow off as *sniker*. Right wing..

Control Freaks - Liberal Party of New York

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It's very hard to know where to put this. While I was reading @Seeker of White Light's thread on staying away from religious debate, I was also listening to a Christian Pastor from Tennessee making a rant that sickened me. And it made me wonder -- are we not supposed to speak up against this? Are we required, because he has freedom of speech, to just say "Amen?"

“If you vote Democrat, I don’t even want you around this church. You can get out. You can get out, you demon. You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation. I don’t care how mad that makes you. You can get as pissed off as you want to. You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation.... You cannot be a Democrat and a Christian. You cannot. Somebody say, ‘Amen.’ The rest of you get out! Get out!”

As part of the same rant, the pastor added, “I ain’t playin’ your stupid games.... I’m sick of it. Everyone wanna talk about the insurrection? Mmmm. Let me tell you something: You ain’t seen the insurrection yet. You keep on pushing our buttons, you low-down, sorry compromisers, you God-hating communists, maybe you’ll find out what an insurrection is.”

Now, imagine if this was in a mosque, and instead of a Christian pastor, an Imam said: 'You ain’t seen the insurrection yet. You keep on pushing our buttons, you low-down, sorry compromisers, you God-hating communists, maybe you’ll find out what an insurrection is.”

Would that Imam not be thought to be inciting Muslims to rise up against the nation? Would there not be a nation-wide out-cry?

Republicans on the Forum, who constantly claim that Democrats are the root cause of all your problems, I'd especially like to hear from you on this. Because this (I'll call him) "gentleman" is also a Republican, died-in-the-wool.

Well, yes. And I once met a non-religious person, who claimed that all religious persons are insane and should have the insane parts of their brains removed.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I do not hate atheists, but a certain person who never give up mocking Muslims or Islam should know when enough is enough.

I do not care about my ien faith being ripped apart from a non believer who don't have a clue what spiritual practice is. But I dislike when that person do those things to others.

I don't hate anybody. I mean I don't have to. I just state that I do it differently than them and that has nothing to do with religion or not in the end. At least that is what I trying to learn to do, but you know that this can take work to learn. :)

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Evangelicalhumanist said:

You don't seem to have addressed any of his points, just used a sweeping irrelevant non-sequitur. However your argument seems self defeating, since extreme freedom that you're advocating would also demonstrably lead to consequences. Freedom to own firearms for instance, would inevitably lead to a proliferation of guns, and a high rate of gun crimes and deaths. Economic freedoms entirely unchecked would inevitably result in some people being very wealthy, while others would inevitably live in extreme poverty.

Colt

When religious leaders or churches mix political views into religion they become a political party. Both parties in America would be disappointed if Jesus returned today in that he's concerned exclusively with the soul of the politician not his politics. Jesus wouldn't offer political views or direction. He would offer spiritual council.

If you look you can find plenty of rabid Leftist preachers.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
I see it as a monster of one's own making.

Woah. Impressive mental gymnastics.
The pendulum swings. What goes up, must come down... Not too impressive.

eg. I wish the stupid corporate media would ignore the existence of our previous leader for a little more than 2 short years.

The whole reason that person was even voted for was basically because enough of the nation were fed up with the 'politically correctness' movement that had been going on for a while, and felt it had over-stepped/overstayed its welcome and it was time to vote for... (classic suspense music) "a pedo that looks like a Cheeto©, and smells like a Dorito©, dressed in a tuxedo and learning how to veto..."

Wandering Monk

This may be pertinent to your post: Kirchenkampf - Wikipedia

It is astounding that fundamentalist Christians fawn over Trump, a man who detests them, but uses them to gain power. They refuse to see it: 'They're all hustlers': President Trump privately ridicules Christian leaders, according to new report

Last edited: