• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it really only atheists who make life hard for believers?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not all Republicans are ranting southern pastors! ;0]

Still I think Democrats are authoritarian and are continually pushing buttons and creating policies to create people like this.

I see it as a monster of one's own making.
You and I need to have a real talk sometime about the difference between "liberal" and "authoritarian."

A liberal (from my personal perspective) does not want to force anyone to do anything. Rather, what we want is to limit what some can do, usually for profit or personal beliefs, to the detriment of others. It really does seem to me, having read a lot (more than I've enjoyed) of your posts, that this is something you really do not understand.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You and I need to have a real talk sometime about the difference between "liberal" and "authoritarian."

A liberal (from my personal perspective) does not want to force anyone to do anything. Rather, what we want is to limit what some can do, usually for profit or personal beliefs, to the detriment of others. It really does seem to me, having read a lot (more than I've enjoyed) of your posts, that this is something you really do not understand.
Anything that contributes to loss of economic and personal freedom is authoritarian. I don't play with those little grey areas people use to justify this disgusting trend, hence the attempts at putting lipstick on a pig, that is nothing but authoritarianism.

Democrats are authoritarian.

Twilight Hue

Like Roe vs. Wade?
I have in the past, definitely stood with the right to choose.

It's ironic how the reaction is reversed now, the incredible incense givin, that the barrel of the nanny state is pointed back at those who gleefully shoot it so much themselves at people.

Obviously some simply cannot take their own medicine.

Twilight Hue

Of course I agree with loss of freedoms and pin it entirely on the increasingly dictatorial authoritarianism of the "Republican" party.

I would recommend that in such agregious cases, Republicans stay away from the Democrat playbook.

ppp

It's ironic how the reaction is reversed now, the incredible incense givin, that the barrel of the nanny state is pointed back at those who gleefully shoot it so much themselves at people.

What rights have been taken from you?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Bottle law. That's elective.

Where people have a choice to deposit at some benefit or recompense, rather than a detriment with no benefit or recompense.

So, when was the last time Democrats engaged in elective policymaking?

I have the right to install a solar power setup on my house if I choose. Women in CA have the right to have a child or an abortion but not in red states soon enough. I have the right to clean air and clean water without an intrusive industry polluting both of them. I have the right to have Medicare, Medicare advantage or nothing at all. And so forth.

And I have the right to hand someone standing in a voting line a bottle of water if I choose which is not the case everywhere.

We might even agree on some cases where Democrats have mandated something that should be voluntary.

But the balance scale is way tilted toward the right being much more authoritarian.

Reactions: ppp

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Oftentimes when the situation isn't clear and straightforward to something in general (ie, man walks up and hits other man, for example - other man doesn't swing), I find it's often that both sides are at fault, due to the nature of people being imperfect and sometimes emotional, oftentimes offering up tit-for-tat. Even in cases where both sides aren't a little restrictive to other people or villainous, there are often additional layers and nuances, than just X side being problematic.

So given that, I don't think it's safe to say atheists are 100% responsible in a conflict with another side on a matter, or on infringing on the rights of others.

Twilight Hue

I have the right to install a solar power setup on my house if I choose. Women in CA have the right to have a child or an abortion but not in red states soon enough. I have the right to clean air and clean water without an intrusive industry polluting both of them. I have the right to have Medicare, Medicare advantage or nothing at all. And so forth.

And I have the right to hand someone standing in a voting line a bottle of water if I choose which is not the case everywhere.

We might even agree on some cases where Democrats have mandated something that should be voluntary.

But the balance scale is way tilted toward the right being much more authoritarian.
I'll take your word when the Cato institute report starts showing that Democrats are actually governing personal and economically free states rather than the least free states in the entire country.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I would recommend that in such agregious cases, Republicans stay away from the Democrat playbook.
You are whitewashing all the authoritarian things that the right has been doing. So they are all beautiful and perfect in your eyes doing no wrong but in danger of falling into sin?

Twilight Hue

You are whitewashing all the authoritarian things that the right has been doing. So they are all beautiful and perfect in your eyes doing no wrong but in danger of falling into sin?
I never said anything of the sort.

Could you direct me to a post where I said or implied such things?

I happen in reality to think Republicans are the far lesser evil of the two, hence my support of the party.

I've also declared my alliance on this forum with the SAM party which is comprised of ex Republicans and ex Democrats.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll take your word when the Cato institute report starts showing that Democrats are actually governing personal and economically free states rather than the least free states in the entire country.

Cato is a right wing source. Most Free States 2022 has an interesting comparison showing individual rankings for states on both measures with TX for example being on the bottom for personal freedom.

If you look at a nuanced view of the economy, a different picture emerges Best & Worst State Economies

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

What on earth are you even babbling about? Your post is completely nonsensical. o_O

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I happen in reality to think Republicans are the far lesser evil of the two, hence my support of the party.

For me, I think both sides aren't doing the best job, and I welcome younger folk running the country, because it's mostly older folk now, because in situations when X isn't effective, sometimes it's time to try Y. So I think with these older men and women, on both sides, making so many mistakes, perhaps there needs to be a big change similar to changing a starting Quarterback. A big switch up.

That's not to say older people are bad. There are many who could run effectively, but they never get picked.

We keep getting the same people who are not only older, but in extremely poor mental and physical health, to run.

Twilight Hue

For me, I think both sides aren't doing the best job, and I welcome younger folk running the country, because it's mostly older folk now, because in situations when X isn't effective, sometimes it's time to try Y. So I think with these older men and women, on both sides, making so many mistakes, perhaps there needs to be a big change similar to changing a starting Quarterback. A big switch up.

That's not to say older people are bad. There are many who could run effectively, but they never get picked.

We keep getting the same people who are not only older, but in extremely poor mental and physical health.
The way i look at it, I'm well on the road towards death, so as each year passes, I could care less and less what the younger generation wants to make for themselves or even do to themselves.

I'm cynical by nature, thats because i prefer a boots on the ground approach, but I do hope I'm surprised down the road.