• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Is it possible to love all people unconditionally?
I do not speak of love as falling in love with an other human being. But to not be able to hold any hate toward anyone ?

Recently a member of this forum said that it is possible we are actually not living this life, our brain is in a jar and we are living a simulation like matrix. I agree. It is possible.

Anything is possible if you think about it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I do not speak of love as falling in love with an other human being. But to not be able to hold any hate toward anyone ?
From the start in the Garden of Eden people were to be ' bathed with love ', so to speak.
Everywhere in the paradisical Garden was evidence of God's love for us humans.
So, all humans were to love each other.
What we are Not to love is the ' wrong ' a person does.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you set up a boundary between others and your heart and mind when it comes to having unconditional love?

For example, I can give love (in general for simplicity sake) to someone who tried to murder me (in the sense I do not believe in the death penalty and any premeditated punishments). But I do have conditions in whether that express of my love is setting boundaries between myself and the other person by putting a lock on my door.... or if its unconditional and selfless, just let the person come in my house as long as I forgive them regardless what she does, it's alright.
I would say that in present time, i still have boundaries that is up toward those who truly have done evil toward others. I do not know if i will be able to lower that boundaries and be able to unconditional love anyone

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Unconditional love to me is when someone can fully selfless love anyone no matter what they do to you. Even if they kill you, your heart and mind is still. And that they are fully forgiven for what they do to you.
We do have the example that Jesus wanted the Roman soldiers at his execution to be forgiven.
Even wicked people are loved by God, but are expected to ' repent ' if they don't want to ' perish ' - 2 Peter 3:9

firedragon

Veteran Member
IMO....

Whoever said that, has been watching too many Sci-fi movies.

Actually, there are highly educated philosophers who make the same argument to show that anything is "possible" or/and we have no certainty of anything, this could all be a dream, etc etc.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Actually, there are highly educated philosophers who make the same argument to show that anything is "possible" or/and we have no certainty of anything, this could all be a dream, etc etc.
But that's just it....there is certainty!
Remove a person's heart, they die. No food, no water, no air...they die.

Math has structure, it always makes sense.

Saying life is a dream, is ignoring those standards, probably for selfish reasons....

IMO

firedragon

Veteran Member
But that's just it....there is certainty!
Remove a person's heart, they die. No food, no water, no air...they die.

Math has structure, it always makes sense.

Saying life is a dream, is ignoring those standards, probably for selfish reasons....

IMO

Lol. Different topic though an interesting one. Cheers.

Brian2

Veteran Member

Probably not with our own human love.
Just what this love might look like in practice could be interesting also. It might involve killing people you love because they are out to kill other people you love.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Probably not with our own human love.
Just what this love might look like in practice could be interesting also. It might involve killing people you love because they are out to kill other people you love.
Question: if you loved every human being unconditionally, would you be able to kill someone who did not love unconditionally? I would not be able to kill an other human being, even now when i still am unable to love fully unconditionally

darkskies

Recently a member of this forum said that it is possible we are actually not living this life, our brain is in a jar and we are living a simulation like matrix. I agree. It is possible.
Actually we can't say it's possible until it's proved to be. It's not impossible either.

Is it possible for it to be possible? ;)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Actually we can't say it's possible until it's proved to be. It's not impossible either.

Is it possible for it to be possible? ;)

Lol. Not true Aketo. If its proven, then it is fact. We generally go by probabilities in any case of historicity, not possibilities. Thats why when evangelists speak of possibilities it is not considered whatsoever.

A possibility is a possibility, not a certainty or a probability.

I dont know why people get hooked onto these things so much anyway.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Question: if you loved every human being unconditionally, would you be able to kill someone who did not love unconditionally? I would not be able to kill an other human being, even now when i still am unable to love fully unconditionally

Brother. Killing someone can never be assessed just like that. When humans are put to the test, pressed and placed in a desperate situation they might resort to killing for very many reasons. I think I am not capable of killing a human being for any reason. This is the perception of myself that I possess. But I have never been put in a situation so I am only making an assumption.

darkskies

Lol. Not true Aketo. If its proven, then it is fact. We generally go by probabilities in any case of historicity, not possibilities. Thats why when evangelists speak of possibilities it is not considered whatsoever.

A possibility is a possibility, not a certainty or a probability.

I dont know why people get hooked onto these things so much anyway.
No I'm not saying it has to be proven. I'm saying it's possibility has to be proven. Probability is used for proving it as a fact not for possibility.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Brother. Killing someone can never be assessed just like that. When humans are put to the test, pressed and placed in a desperate situation they might resort to killing for very many reasons. I think I am not capable of killing a human being for any reason. This is the perception of myself that I possess. But I have never been put in a situation so I am only making an assumption.
Speaking only personally (not for what others will do or not) I will rather die my self than killing an other human being. that is just how i am. And yes i have been in a situation where i could have died if i did a wrong move. I do not know is that is reason enough to hold a view that killing is wrong in any situation. But it has become my personal view. Is it a wrong view? it could be, i do not know :)