• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is it possible to stop fighting over what religion/spiritual path that is the "right one" ?

The one you follow is the right for you, but maybe not for others,or?

Is it possible to stop fighting over what religion/spiritual path that is the "right one" ?

On this forum, ha. I threw up a topic on love, which I consider much happier and was completely ignored. c’est la vie.

Shantanu

It is not possible for anyone else to follow another person's religion.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It is not possible for anyone else to follow another person's religion.

What about Jesus, Buddha sakyamuni, or Gurus within Hinduism? they have teachngs that has been amazing for many people, you say they are just imagine the effect of the teaching, and there is nothing to learn?

How about the Satya-advaitist path? is that also not true then? or are there no teachers in that path?

Shantanu

What about Jesus, Buddha sakyamuni, or Gurus within Hinduism? they have teachngs that has been amazing for many people, you say they are just imagine the effect of the teaching, and there is nothing to learn?

How about the Satya-advaitist path? is that also not true then? or are there no teachers in that path?
For every person there is an appropriate religion to follow.

PureX

Veteran Member
Actually, there are several here that understand their path is the right one form them and don't proselytize or consider their path to be the right one for everyone.
I believe that the vast majority of humans feel this way. But it's those that don't, making noise about it. So we wrongly get the impression that 'everyone's fighting to be right'. When in fact, only a small few feel the need to fight for this. Everyone else is just quietly minding their own spiritual business.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe that the vast majority of humans feel this way. But it's only those that don't, making noise about it. So we wrongly get the impression that 'everyone's fighting to be right'. When in fact, only a small few feel the need to fight for this. Everyone else is just quietly minding their own spiritual business.

It took a long history to be quiet. I honestly think if god said to his believers do X in the name of me, people would do it and not question god. Unless people are shaping god into their own image of niceness, it wasn't always that way. There was one guy I asked this question if a believer heard god told him to kill others, he said he would do it.

On RF, he isn't one a debater; so, I was surprised.

PureX

Veteran Member
It took a long history to be quiet. I honestly think if god said to his believers do X in the name of me, people would do it and not question god. Unless people are shaping god into their own image of niceness, it wasn't always that way. There was one guy I asked this question if a believer heard god told him to kill others, he said he would do it.

On RF, he isn't one a debater; so, I was surprised.
Fortunately, God does not speak to people, and most people are fine with this arrangement. Again, it's only the anomalies that make all the noise, and that cause all the disruptions. And it's only the anomalies that the detractors ever choose to notice.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Maybe for a few people, but apparently not for lots. It's a puzzle explainable by living in paradigms.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I believe that the vast majority of humans feel this way. But it's only those that don't, making noise about it. So we wrongly get the impression that 'everyone's fighting to be right'. When in fact, only a small few feel the need to fight for this. Everyone else is just quietly minding their own spiritual business.
I agree. Generally we're surprised towards the positive when we do engage the silent majority. Most certainly this forum isn't representative of society as a whole. There are more here of the 'proselytizing' variety. That's why they came here.