• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible to stop having religious questions toward others?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Is it possible for a believer to stop asking questions to others, and only focus on his/her own spiritual questions?

If this person do stop asking questions about others belief or faith, but only focus inward, will this person be seen as an outsider?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Is it possible for a believer to not examine the faiths of others, or is it possible for a believer to not have interest in the faiths of others and only worry about their own?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Is it possible for a believer to not examine the faiths of others, or is it possible for a believer to not have interest in the faiths of others and only worry about their own?
i try to explain :)

At a point in a believers spiritual journey, will the "need" for question others about their belief become less important, and the focus on how he/she them self should focus more time understanding their own belief and faith in a teaching. So that to question why other believe what they do is of no use to the, but asking them self. Why do i belive what i do now.

So they instead of asking 100 questions toward others, ask them self the same 100 questions, to gain wisdom about them self and their own belief.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Is it possible for a believer to stop asking questions to others, and only focus on his/her own spiritual questions?

If this person do stop asking questions about others belief or faith, but only focus inward, will this person be seen as an outsider?

No matter how spiritual or religiously advanced a person may be, the need to ask questions of others including of their beliefs will always arise.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
i try to explain :)

At a point in a believers spiritual journey, will the "need" for question others about their belief become less important, and the focus on how he/she them self should focus more time understanding their own belief and faith in a teaching. So that to question why other believe what they do is of no use to the, but asking them self. Why do i belive what i do now.

So they instead of asking 100 questions toward others, ask them self the same 100 questions, to gain wisdom about them self and their own belief.

Maybe it depends on motive for one thing. When I am curious about someone else's path and use that to appreciate other's journey in life, it's one thing.

If I ask others and avoid my own journey, it's a distraction.

And to me timing is involved. I feel there are times for me to learn about others and times for me to focus on my journey.

So maybe a way to ask the questions are "why am I interested in other's path? Is this the time for now for me to focus on my own?"

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe it depends on motive for one thing. When I am curious about someone else's path and use that to appreciate other's journey in life, it's one thing.

If I ask others and avoid my own journey, it's a distraction.

And to me timing is involved. I feel there are times for me to learn about others and times for me to focus on my journey.

So maybe a way to ask the questions are "why am I interested in other's path? Is this the time for now for me to focus on my own?"
Your question is very interesting, it may be that we think "maybe they have something in their teaching i have not yet understood in the teaching i follow, so i ask them questions" Maybe it is because we are unsure about our own personal belief?

A form of still seeking answers.

darkskies

Yes...but that would bring a stop to any further exploration.
Not at all. It's very normal to just go with the flow.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes...but that would bring a stop to any further exploration.

Not at all. It's very normal to just go with the flow.
In what way would it stop further explorations?
Is not the exploration from within our own being more important than questioning others?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Also isn't learning from your teacher exploration on the outside?
In a way yes :) To me my teacher is more of a guide who understand my inner world, and is able to guide me to see my own lack of understanding. and that is before he ask me any questions :) So to me it is more often i only listen but not ask questions than asking 100 question to him and let him answer them for me :)

darkskies

In a way yes :) To me my teacher is more of a guide who understand my inner world, and is able to guide me to see my own lack of understanding. and that is before he ask me any questions :) So to me it is more often i only listen but not ask questions than asking 100 question to him and let him answer them for me :)
I see. So you are after your guide's understanding, and not your own? Is it really a lack of understanding if your understanding also achieves your goal?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I see. So you are after your guide's understanding, and not your own? Is it really a lack of understanding if your understanding also achieves your goal?
No i am after my own understanding with guidance from him :) He has gone the path before me and know the pitfalls i would have to avoid. So even i do listen to him and take in his wisdom, i have to understand my self how to use it in my own life to solve my own problem along the inner path :)

I do not listen to him as a slave and not thinking for my self :)

darkskies

No i am after my own understanding with guidance from him :) He has gone the path before me and know the pitfalls i would have to avoide. So even i do listen to him and take in his wisdom, i have to understand my self how to use it in my own life to solve my own problem along the inner path :)

I do not listen to him as a slave and not thinking for my self :)
That makes sense. All the best. :blueheart: