• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it Possible the God actually has FOUR parts?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
"My God has three parts." or "My God consists of three persons." are both arguments people have thought worthwhile to defend in threads recently. But I have a question about these claims:

Is it possible that God actually consists of four or more parts/persons?

(But these extra persons do not involve humanity so much. They are merely parts required for God's own divine purposes, so God only thought it necessary to disclose the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to humanity via the scriptures.)

And a bonus question (that I'm sure has been asked already): How important is it to the Christian faith that a believer accept that God has three parts? What if a person (out of concern for the first question) made the claim that God has AT LEAST three parts? Would that be heresy?

It would be heresy to conflate "persons" with "parts." In the classical theistic tradition, God is considered divinely simple, ie she has no parts.

SUMMA THEOLOGIAE: The simplicity of God (Prima Pars, Q. 3)

vulcanlogician

It would be heresy to conflate "persons" with "parts." In the classical theistic tradition, God is considered divinely simple, ie she has no parts.

SUMMA THEOLOGIAE: The simplicity of God (Prima Pars, Q. 3)

I can't really say I followed the passage all that well. Aquinas is a bit of a headache for me. I welcome any clarifications in that regard.

I mean, my OP was more of a thought experiment than a claim anyway.

Also, generally speaking, it seems that a person can also be a "part" of something. For instance, a musical trio, of which the guitar player is one part.

But I'll grab a tylenol or two and we can wade through Aquinas if it has a chance of genuinely resolving the issue.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Huh? I know quite a few who study the Bible who are atheists. In fact, it seems most atheists know the Bible better than most Christians! :)

You certainly have very strong opinions about these things. I tend to see such certainties as a weakness.

Yeah, me too.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you say to a human be as honest as you should.

No human. No word.

If you ask a human what are you studying.

They'd say human science.

So you then ask what for?

As everything is created.

To Understand.

Oh are you hence then going to create the same conditions somewhere new.

Such as from position nothing?

Errrmmmm. Yes. My intentions I want to be god. Yet I'm a man and my machine is my god.

Oh how did you get your god then...man scientist.

Oh I transcended laws got metal from an Infinite space pressure zero...s. Yet the sun already did. As part conversion so many zeros are already gone. I began from dusts to get my god. Not zeros.

So from nothing you already gained your god. By sun support.

Yes.

Do you begin from nothing again?

No I want to take my next power from a resources mass. I remove a huge amount of energy to get a heated zero to react. So I never wanted God.

Actually.

So he's lying.

What we learnt as just humans about scientists.

Your words first as natural man never spoke science.

Then by choice you used natural words to infer gods science. As the man. Memory hence places natural man with words first with God. Spiritual.

Behaviour says you pretended you were speaking on behalf of a God. As theists felt powerful.

Ask why. As star fall mass returned attacking life above. Converted brain sense. Is why. Chemical behaviour inherits personally expressed feelings.

Natural words hence never spoke on behalf of nuclear god.

As you were told. No man is God.

Sun nuclear vacuum void was womb saved earth. Law of space was one way only taken away.

Says your mind.

Earth was saved inherited it's own spirit gas heavens sacrificed.

Term Sacrificed not a law a cause of attack.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
"My God has three parts." or "My God consists of three persons." are both arguments people have thought worthwhile to defend in threads recently. But I have a question about these claims:

(But these extra persons do not involve humanity so much. They are merely parts required for God's own divine purposes, so God only thought it necessary to disclose the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to humanity via the scriptures.)

And a bonus question (that I'm sure has been asked already): How important is it to the Christian faith that a believer accept that God has three parts? What if a person (out of concern for the first question) made the claim that God has AT LEAST three parts? Would that be heresy?
I think it is more important to ask if almighty God is but one person, one deity.

This then makes the revelation of God to the Israelites the correct interpretation of
  • “Hear, O Israel, YAHWEH your God, is one God”
The reason I say this is because at that time and times before and times after, the Israelites would and did live among and were surrounded by tribes and nations who believed in many Gods. To this end, the God of the Israelites compounded the truth about Himself as being the only God they should believe in and worship.

In the Old Testament this God is always portrayed as a single being. However, by the time of the New Testament the belief in this one God was to expand beyond the Jews and onto the whole of humanity.

Now realise that these other nations, pagans, heathens, Gentiles, who believed in many Gods, would not take easily to being proselytised into a belief that claimed only one God created all things.

Therefore, in order to “make their quota” of converts, many from the new ‘Christian’ belief system COMPROMISED the belief by adopting the typical THREE GODS ONE WORLD system that was prevalent among the pagan and gentile nations.

But, of course, in order to comply with the edict of the Christian faith, if was then necessary to retain the idea that God was one God… hence the trinity creed stating that ‘Though they are three persons they are yet one God’… neat, if you like deceitfulness at the heart of your belief!!

But not all hearers are completely naive. Questions would be asked as to why the Torah never claims three persons, never mentions three persons, never claims God is three…! So, clever persons threatened anyone who didn’t believe that God was three with harsh punishment and even death. And, in order to further persuade, words, terms, and sentences were forced to claim that God was three.

Take, for instance, the words, ‘Let us make man…’. The trinity God-claim is that ‘Us’ means three… But how is that true? ‘Us’ only figures a number greater than one. It could be four, five, six, three, seven, seventy times seventy …!! Bug trinity says explicitly three - with no qualification.

Further, it is claimed that one of the three is an as yet unknown ‘Son of God’, a human Being who was also God… strangely, THE GOD WHO TRINITY CLAIMS IS THREE.

Now, anyone who knows logic can see that this makes no sense if GOD is a PERSON, a Worshipped Deity. It would mean that this ‘Son of God is the GOD that trinity claims is three’… the Son of God is the three persons who are the one God’!?

When this was pointed out to the ‘Trinitarians’, they quickly realised that the “Three Persons One God” belief would need to be modified….

They then claimed that ‘GOD IS ESSENCE - of which the three persons share in”…

So, you see, Trinity ‘GOD’ is no longer a person!!!! Trinity God is now a THING, an IT! A thing of which three persons, three deities, are it’s SUBSTANCE.

Think of this like three fish in a fishbowl. The ESSENCE is the water in which the three fish share in. The fish are the substance in the fishbowl water.

But return to the ‘Us’… The Israelites never ever envisioned THREE DEITIES as their God. Yes, they were continually exposed to nations and tribes who worshipped multiple Deities, but the true One Deity God warned them continually not to ‘Have any other God but me… beside(s) me THERE IS NO OTHER GOD!’

How, and when, did One deity God suddenly turn to a THREE DEITY God? And yet NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE STATEMENT is ever made or written by ANY Israelite, Jew, or Christian Apostle saying that the one true God of the Israelites is three persons.

Oh, of course, there are corrupted scripture verses and corrupted claims in the New Testament of three persons as God… but there are many more claims of three persons which do not claim these are God. And there are claims of THE three in the Torah which are utterly false.

The outstanding one is where three ANGELS were sent by God to talk with Abraham. Trinity claims these three were Father, Son, and Holy Spirit TOGETHER… proving the trinity God came to earth and was seen by mankind.

Well, please understand that scriptures emphatically states, and Jesus states, himself: ‘No one has seen GOD at any time’… in fact, ONLY THE SON has REVEALED HIM! Yet trinity STILL claims that man has seen God!!!??

Whats the reality. The one true God NEVER leaves his ethereal throne in Heaven. He SENDS his angels as ministers, as activators, as announcers of what He desires. Thus, it is three angels that come to Abraham, like two angels who go to Lot to get him out of Sodom.

And many more badly made up claims from Trinitarians - even to the extent of ADDING IN FALSE VERSES into the scriptures to TRY TO uphold their claims.

Now, as yourself: If the trinity God were true - and it’s clear even from the short extract I pointed out - WHY..,, Why would there be a need for corruption and false evidence in order to try to PROVE that trinity is true?

In fact, doesn’t the evidence of corruption and falsity just show that trinity is NOT TRUE.

But, as for ‘Four Gods’… you don’t need to look far to see that:
  • Moses is called ‘God’ by God
  • Satan is called ‘God’
  • Even God called men of godly valour, ‘Gods’ (how many of them were they?)
  • David is called ‘God’
  • ‘Jesus’ is called ‘God’
So how many are God… how many Gods are there?

The answer is simple: There are MANY GODS but ONLY ONE TRUE GOD, the Father: YHWH.

((Understand the MEANING of the word, ‘God’ and you will then understand why there can be many Gods but only one true God … and why that one true God cannot be a multiplicity of persons!)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Well the claim would be completely based on whatever scriptural criteria are used to form the doctrine of God having three parts. Then from there, the person would say, how do I know it's JUST three. Maybe reading God's speech to Job this person thinks, "there's a whole bunch we don't know about God. Not EVERY single facet of God's nature is disclosed to us in scriptures."

So then the person would resolve to say "God has AT LEAST Three parts. Maybe just the three... but also maybe more..." Would that be a heretical view? Surely you agree that there are things that are true about God... that God knows about himself... but that aren't included in the Bible for us to learn.

Your question could also be aimed at you. Sure, according to your doctrine the three persons of the Trinity are described in the scriptures, but is it ANYWHERE stated in the Bible that there are NOT four or more parts?
I'm sure that if there are any further persons other than the Trinity then we don't need to know about them in order to understand God as he wants us to

pearl

I thoguht so, cause I can see myself how you worship that image everywhere in the whole world. My grandma did too.

First, distinguish between worship and veneration as they have distinct meanings. Otherwise you are simply passing on gossip which is incorrect.
Veneration - Wikipedia

Now, if you have that correctly, The Church knows and teaches with Saint Paul that there is only one mediator: "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all" (1 Tim 2:5-6). "
"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word" (Lk 1:38). The first moment of submission to the one mediation "between God and men" -- the mediation of Jesus Christ -- is the Virgin of Nazareth's acceptance of motherhood.

"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word" (Lk 1:38). The first moment of submission to the one mediation "between God and men" -- the mediation of Jesus Christ -- is the Virgin of Nazareth's acceptance of motherhood. the gospel of John (cf. 2:1-12; 19:25-27),
40. After the events of the Resurrection and Ascension, Mary entered the Upper Room together with the Apostles to await Pentecost, and was present there as the Mother of the glorified Lord. She was not only the one who "advanced in her pilgrimage of faith" and loyally persevered in her union with her Son "unto the Cross," but she was also the "handmaid of the Lord," left by her Son as Mother in the midst of the infant Church: "Behold your mother." Thus there began to develop a special bond between this Mother and the Church. For the infant Church was the fruit of the Cross and Resurrection of her Son. Mary, who from the beginning had given herself without reserve to the person and work of her Son, could not but pour out upon the Church, from the very beginning, her maternal self-giving. After her Son's departure, her motherhood remains in the Church as maternal mediation: interceding for all her children, the Mother cooperates in the saving work of her Son, the Redeemer of the world. In fact, the Council teaches that the "motherhood of Mary in the order of grace . . . will last without interruption until the fulfillment of all the elect."(103) With the redeeming death of her Son, the maternal mediation of the handmaid of the Lord took on a universal dimension, for the work of redemption embraces the whole of humanity. Thus there is manifested in a singular way the efficacy of the one and universal mediation of Christ "between God and men. Mary was a true disciple.

I think you owe your 'Gramma' an apology.

The original Reformers, Luther, Calvin and Zwingli continued in veneration of Mary.
Martin Luther: “It is an artcle of faith that Mary is the Mother of the Lord and still a virgin…Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact.” (Works of Luther, V. 11, pp319-320; V. 6, p 510)

John Calvin: “there have been certain folk who have wished to suggest from this passage (Mt 1:25) that the Virgin Mary had other children than the Son of God, and that Joseph had then dwelt with her later; but what folly this is! For the gospel writer did not wish to record what happened afterwards; he simply wished to make clear Joseph’s obedience and to show also that Joseph had been well and truly assured that it was God who had sent His angel to Mary. He had therefore never dwelt with her nor had he shared her company…And besides this our Lord Jesus Christ is called the firstborn. This is not because there was a second or third, but because the gospel writer is paying regard to the precedence. Scripture speaks thus of naming the first-born whether or no there was any question of the second.” (Sermon on Matthew 1:22-25, published 1562)
Ulrich Zwingli: “I firmly believe that Mary, according to the words of the gospel as a pure Virgin brought forth for us the son of God and in childbirth and after childbirth forever remained a pure, intact Virgin.”.” (Zwingli Opera, Corpus Reformatorum, Berlin, 1905, in Evang. Luc., Op. comp., V6,1 P. 639

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a man says I theoried for a power greater than myself.

It's one condition. Conditional to lots of words theories calculus. Yet it's one the term my want.

One machine the body.

Man's science God.

A machines mass that the sun had already light transcended from earths cold seam metals. To a dust. From which he built his God a machine. The body from dusts that had transcended time.

So he pretended he controlled doing it himself as just a scientist.

The body within its body then gained energy from energy as one outcome. Machines his term science from within...it's body. The reaction a one of.

Man says I got one energy type of God.

His choosing from numbers. Maths calculus.

So a power greater than life space womb transcended metals was his machine. Which he then went about removing as an inner destruction. The reaction lots of energy mass destroyed.

As he said I transcended all cold laws. Which reactive mass isn't.

The power greater than presence as him self man then hurt him.

So he got his answer the woman wombs maths terms sacrificed him.

How he self idolated his man's presence above a woman human. Claiming her life greater than his yet she hurt him. So he now was greater than women the man. As he survived.

Claiming I'm like the God without end the born body of spaces womb. My mother gave me no end.

Laughable when you review why he said those terms. And now you should realise why a man plus brothers pretended themselves a mass body energy God lying.

Total review an outright lie.

An ovary cell is type woman human. Already changed to be the man. Wasn't his transcendence.

Proving he lost his natural mind concepts about bio life.

As science does all comparing first as just one man by type the theist of sciences.

Ostronomos

You are asking a question that challenges religious norms. This, arguably, provides a fresh perspective of religious customs.

But is it so much established on shaky grounds than it is on formal systems that rigidly confines its usage?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Man said phi is I infer as three bodies in one.

O.
DD back to back a cell. Two cell functions as three terms.

A small cell he says as fourth power is infinity pressure.

Space mother first womb infinite God holds all energy mass in cells.

Space law with heavens immaculate on earth owns pressures of life's small bio cell.

Giant cells overcome.

Man says phi O is just a little number.

A little number means no much heat either.

Means not much energy too.

A little cell hence owns all infinite pressure.

Not all giant energy bodies.

Lied.

A man a human the satanist the scientists. Lied. Legal said he had.

My holy brother said as medical healer man. No man is God.

Legal stated he was rich a healer man a king who said I believe in Jesus. I'll support you medical man. I will rebuild all temples churches for healing not science.

And he did whoever he was in our past. Maybe he was as man rich named king David. Who fought for human rights with any man who knew the teachings correct.

So not owning all the energy of the universe is man's small cell. As we own a little amount of used energy and all the pressure.

Owning all the energy was giant God only.

Said holy men....no man is God reasoned by holy men who read write the documents as it was known only in their living presence. The men. Conscious man.

Conscious man is yet to return said testimony.

Proven by not believing nor supporting our human mother's human daughters mutual equal human rights. Only by what he preached...falsely.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Nice and succinct!

God does not consist of parts… therefore there can be no more than the one that He is.

Trinity lays claim to a threefold God who is part man(!!!), part God(!) and part spirit of God(!!).

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Nice and succinct!

God does not consist of parts… therefore there can be no more than the one that He is.

Trinity lays claim to a threefold God who is part man(!!!), part God(!) and part spirit of God(!!).
A baby man adult.

Two conscious histories and bodies in one body one the human. One human man as one species is one a self God type...not is God. God within a man image same as man image on outside. Humans owned human only genesis.

A teaching not even heeded.

Father and son man adult owning baby son inside. Baby human now in law the adult humans creator.

Said as origin holiest father never in mans memory history as that type of human. Owned his own status identity adult man only.

Said as humans use memory of their first parents. A reminder.

The holy Ghost father in heavens was the spirit coat of colours stated who wasn't the father. It protected the father son life. Baby human man said as baby human adult man theist. Without those types of protecting spirits above us we won't exist.

Protecting theme...not it created us lie.

As man began eradicating the red spirit said the bible testimony.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe God does not have parts. He is whole in His omnipresence. It is the omnipresence that makes Him appear to be in different places at the same time.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not all self-proclaimed "Christians" believe that.

But YES, since the premise those who believe that is that "god" is belonging to a family, a race, an essence, or something like it ... of course, they could be thousands and millions, like mormons say.

BUT the truth is: God is One.

I believe JW's rarely get things right but it is true that God is one. What they seem to have trouble with is the fact that God can be anywhere He wants including in Jesus.