• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible for someone who is saved to be cruel and stab you in the back?

IsmailaGodHasHeard

My personal belief is that it is not. How can a true follower of Jesus be so cruel? I will give you an example. This woman named M chose politics over friendship with me as well as falsely accusing me of stalking and getting me kicked off of another website. I loved her with all of my heart. Why did she do this to me?

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
cruelty is posible in most of us sadly. We pray so this bad urges don´t happen to us, for God to grant us the virtues to be as we should and to not damage other people, but even the best of us can fall once in a while.

that´s where forgivenes come into place. 70 times 7

Me Myself

Back to my username
Jesus said to forgive when people repent. Not otherwise. Luke 17:3.

Well I think he also said to love your enemies, but I don´t want to get off track here.:shrug:

I am sorry that happened to you. I hope it is not the usual nature of the poster you speak of. Hopefully things will work out better in this forum :)

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Is it possible for someone who is saved to be cruel and stab you in the back?

100% possible.

elmarna

if she said you were stalking her--then you were a victum of her beliefs that had nothing to do with being saved!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
My personal belief is that it is not. How can a true follower of Jesus be so cruel? I will give you an example. This woman named M chose politics over friendship with me as well as falsely accusing me of stalking and getting me kicked off of another website. I loved her with all of my heart. Why did she do this to me?
First off, I don't believe any of us can say with any degree of certainty that someone else is or is not saved. From what it sounds like to me, the woman you've just described is not "a true follower of Jesus."

Villager

As Jesus said, and as John, Peter, Paul and Jude wrote very emphatically, it does not matter what anyone says. What matters is what they do, and if someone behaves badly, with forethought, it can be assumed that he or she is not a Christian. No-one should be accepted as a Christian unless known personally, and intimately, over a long period.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
How can a true follower of Jesus be so cruel?

They can't. The person is a hypocrite. Not to mention my belief that all this chirping "I'm saved" and "born again" is a sin of pride. No one is saved until they meet God face to face after death.

In the Eastern Orthodox Church, to which I belonged once upon a time, there is a saying that the worst sinners consider themselves the greatest saints, but the greatest saints think themselves the worst sinners.

And as far as born again, well, that only applies to Hindus. :D

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
The OT is a better place to see examples of flaws in righteous men. David killed someone and commited adultery, Moses didn't follow God's instructions in the Desert, etc. The coming of Jesus didn't eliminate sin in his followers.