• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it permitted to beat women per Quran? (challenge for one on one debate with anyone)

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
not beat.
Yes, beat (or "strike/hit"). The word used in the Quran (waidribu) is also used in the same form to describe striking an enemy in battle, so a clear context of physical force.

as I said. the threat of divorce in quran will limit his hand against his spouse
Irrelevant. We are talking about what the Quran prescribes or permits - not how individual Muslims behave.

stanberger

Yes, beat (or "strike/hit"). The word used in the Quran (waidribu) is also used in the same form to describe striking an enemy in battle, so a clear context of physical force.

Irrelevant. We are talking about what the Quran prescribes or permits - not how individual Muslims behave.
it is the quran that allows divorce so abuse can lead to divorce. not so in bible where an abused wife must stay with abusive hubby. Scott Peterson Chris watts etc

KWED

it is the quran that allows divorce so abuse can lead to divorce. not so in bible where an abused wife must stay with abusive hubby. Scott Peterson Chris watts etc
So you don't deny that the Quran instructs a husband to beat a wife (under certain circumstances).
Why do you think this is acceptable behaviour?

What the Bible says is irrelevant to what the Quran says (unless you still feel a spiritual and moral connection to Christianity?).
(Although the Bible does allow divorce, so you are wrong on that as well)

stanberger

So you don't deny that the Quran instructs a husband to beat a wife (under certain circumstances).
Why do you think this is acceptable behaviour?

What the Bible says is irrelevant to what the Quran says (unless you still feel a spiritual and moral connection to Christianity?).
(Although the Bible does allow divorce, so you are wrong on that as well)
which biblel are you referring to ?? an abused wife has to remain in abusve marriage according to bible. quran allows divorce

KWED

which biblel are you referring to ?? an abused wife has to remain in abusve marriage according to bible. quran allows divorce
There are several passages in the Bible where divorce is permitted. I don't know who has been feeding you your Islamist propaganda, but they have been making stuff up.
Which verses do you think prohibit divorce?

BTW, as you haven't read the Quran, you probably aren't aware that a man can divorce a wife simply by stating his intention, but a wife must seek permission to divorce her husband.

stevecanuck

god in quran says avoid harming babies women elderly in battle.

You keep telling this lie. I see now that you will never defend it (because you can’t), so all I can do is point out your utter lack of honesty every time you tell one of your whoppers.

With every post you further prove what I’ve known for years - to make Islam sound compatible with the modern world, you have to lie about what it teaches.

stanberger

You keep telling this lie. I see now that you will never defend it (because you can’t), so all I can do is point out your utter lack of honesty every time you tell one of your whoppers.

With every post you further prove what I’ve known for years - to make Islam sound compatible with the modern world, you have to lie about what it teaches.
can you point to a verse in quran that instructs killing babies ?? we won't hold our breath. but bible is full of such orders. including passover infanticide

stevecanuck

can you point to a verse in quran that instructs killing babies ?? we won't hold our breath. but bible is full of such orders. including passover infanticide

What an absurd straw man. Wouldn’t it be a lot more honest to just admit that no such verse exists?

KWED

can you point to a verse in quran that instructs killing babies ??
No one has claimed that it does, so yet another meaningless post from you.
However, there are sahih hadith where Muhammad says it's ok to kill women and children during night raids on the pagans.

You claimed that the Quran says to not harm women and children, buy you can't quote that verse.

stanberger

No one has claimed that it does, so yet another meaningless post from you.
However, there are sahih hadith where Muhammad says it's ok to kill women and children during night raids on the pagans.

You claimed that the Quran says to not harm women and children, buy you can't quote that verse.
apples to apples. bible v quran. psalms 137. 9. 'happy is he who bashes the babies heads against the rocks ' not in quran this is the 3rd time I've provided you this verse still waiting for the equivalent in quran

KWED

apples to apples. bible v quran. psalms 137. 9. 'happy is he who bashes the babies heads against the rocks ' not in quran this is the 3rd time I've provided you this verse still waiting for the equivalent in quran
Why do you keep citing the Bible? I already know the Bible is violent and intolerant.
However, I have shown that the the Quran is also violent and intolerant, but you seem unable to respond to that.

1. You claimed the Quran says "do not harm women and children". Provide the verse.
2. I have shown sahih hadith where Muhammad approves the killing of women and children during night raids on the polytheists.
3. The Quran prescribes execution by torture for people who oppose Islam.
3. The Quran says that a husband should beat a wife for ill-conduct (under certain conditions).

Forget about the Bible. We are agreed that it is violent and intolerant.
This is about Allah, The Quran and Muhammad.
So, address those 4 points (with actual answers rather than just crying about "Islamophobes").

(I know you won't, because you can't, because you haven't actually studied any of Islam's texts. You probably get all your info from Islamist propaganda websites and YouTube channels, or perhaps you just make it up. It's difficult to tell)

stanberger

Why do you keep citing the Bible? I already know the Bible is violent and intolerant.
However, I have shown that the the Quran is also violent and intolerant, but you seem unable to respond to that.

1. You claimed the Quran says "do not harm women and children". Provide the verse.
2. I have shown sahih hadith where Muhammad approves the killing of women and children during night raids on the polytheists.
3. The Quran prescribes execution by torture for people who oppose Islam.
3. The Quran says that a husband should beat a wife for ill-conduct (under certain conditions).

Forget about the Bible. We are agreed that it is violent and intolerant.
This is about Allah, The Quran and Muhammad.
So, address those 4 points (with actual answers rather than just crying about "Islamophobes").

(I know you won't, because you can't, because you haven't actually studied any of Islam's texts. You probably get all your info from Islamist propaganda websites and YouTube channels, or perhaps you just make it up. It's difficult to tell)
for me to leave the church where my father was a pastor of in Dallas for any religion without first studying it carefully would have been foolish ...after comparing quran to bible the choice was easy. even my dad understood. monotheism was what Jesus Muhammad and all true prophets taught my dad never really understood trinity voted on at nicea 325ad

stanberger

for me to leave the church where my father was a pastor of in Dallas for any religion without first studying it carefully would have been foolish ...after comparing quran to bible the choice was easy. even my dad understood. monotheism was what Jesus Muhammad and all true prophets taught my dad never really understood trinity voted on at nicea 325ad
the results of christianity can be seen in the west today. men marrying men. clergy raping 11 yr old altar boys. mothers killing 55 million babies since roe v wade. transgenderism of kids. up next men demanding the right to follow little girls into public restrooms no thanx. glad I left church for islam 2002

stevecanuck

the results of christianity can be seen in the west today. men marrying men. clergy raping 11 yr old altar boys. mothers killing 55 million babies since roe v wade. transgenderism of kids. up next men demanding the right to follow little girls into public restrooms no thanx. glad I left church for islam 2002

Clearly you have chosen Islam on the rebound. That's not a winning formula in love or religion.

stanberger

Clearly you have chosen Islam on the rebound. That's not a winning formula in love or religion.
my dad was a pastor in Dallas so I examined multiple religions before choosing islam in 2002. pure monotheism and staying close to word of god[quran]. that bible followers have long since separated from