• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it Okay to be Sexy?

Skwim

Veteran Member
In light of another thread What is wrong with those people who dress to look sexy?, which started off by assuming that dressing sexy is wrong, I decided to look around the internet for other opinions and came across the following, which seems quite sane. The host is Dr. Lindsey Doe (Doctor of Human Sexuality, Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, 2007). Take a look at the video and tell me what you think about being sexy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate how our sexual energies can serve to affirm life. If that's not a fairly good reason to appreciate sexiness, I don't know what is.

I do think, however, that emphasizing one's sexiness -- along with virtually everything else in life -- has its time and place. You don't normally show up to work drunk, nor should you normally show up to work "dressed to kill", for instance.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd rather use Halloween as an opportunity to let my nerd flag fly instead of my sexy flag fly, and I wish there were more costume options for women in that vein, but I don't think any less of people who like them or wish to wear them or feel good in them.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
In light of another thread What is wrong with those people who dress to look sexy?, which started off by assuming that dressing sexy is wrong, I decided to look around the internet for other opinions and came across the following, which seems quite sane. The host is Dr. Lindsey Doe (Doctor of Human Sexuality, Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, 2007). Take a look at the video and tell me what you think about being sexy.

The problem I have with Dressing Sexy is that most are offended if they attract the wrong sort of people. If you dress to slay you should be nice to all that comment. If some one gets aggresive yes put them in there place. If your dressed for a date again you can be impolite but otherwise you need to thank the poor, the rich, the good looking, the ugly all the same