• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it me or RF's search engine?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
  • I enter a target term (never more than two words, more often just one).
  • I enter name of "Posted by".
  • I click on "Search" and get nothing, usually because I'm not in the forum that the message I'm looking for is in.
  • So, I go to "Advanced Search" and click on "Search Everything" and get nada.
I'm getting a null search result as well, so I think it must be a technical issue. Lets try logging out and using a new browser profile or completely clearing the cookies from the browser. Its possible that there can be version differences when the software has 2 parts, one running on your bare metal and another one running on a site. Sometimes things do not update properly. With a site like this, the first thing to try is another browser profile and logging in from scratch.

It probably won't fix it, but its the next step.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
No, that didn't help!

Also, user profile posts are not showing, and that was how things were before. I think the problem has returned.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
That's okay. I think we can all use our imagination:

- The monkey belonging to @Quagmire got its tail stuck in the fax machine.

- Someone told @SalixIncendium his fashion sense was poor, taking humanity back 100 years in the making.

- @lewisnotmiller installed too large and visible of security cameras in members' houses, causing large backlash after @Nowhere Man started thinking it was the paparazzi and getting his hopes up.

Security cameras? Nope, not me. I'm a sweet, old-fashioned kinda guy.

So I employ detectives to stalk y'all.