• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it happening again?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Reminds me of the left that also took out "under God" from the Pledge of allegiance and what happens with people who disagree with Antifa. :)

You have it backwards, the words "under God" were added to the pledge of allegiance in 1954,, they're not original., but under God has not been removed from the pledge since. Why do we always have to correct this right wing misinformation campaign, as if the facts aren't good enough for them??

tytlyf

Not Religious
Reminds me of the left that also took out "under God" from the Pledge of allegiance and what happens with people who disagree with Antifa. :)
The original pledge didn't have God mentioned. It was added after Christian Dominionists infiltrated our secular government, ignoring it's founding values and documents. Same thing with the money, same thing with the national motto. They're taking over the SCOTUS.
Dominionists are anti-Constitution. They are commanded by God to overthrow the government.

"Treaty of Tripoli", 1797, USA.
--Article 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;"

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The original pledge didn't have God mentioned. It was added after Christian Dominionists infiltrated our secular government, ignoring it's founding values and documents. Same thing with the money, same thing with the national motto.
Dominionists are anti-Constitution
Like I said.. it reminds me of the left that took out "Under God".

Lyndon

Premium Member

You keep repeating falsehoods, the left never took out under God from the pledge, or are you going to keep making things up.

tytlyf

Not Religious
They didn't. My point was that if they did take out "Under God," wouldn't that just be someone who appreciates the original Pledge of Allegiance before it was altered?
God should not be mentioned on money, pledge, national motto, license plates, Period.

Lyndon

Premium Member
the pledge was written in 1892 and never had under God in it until under Republican president in 1954 it was added, it was never on our money till recently either

tytlyf

Not Religious
the pledge was written in 1892 and never had under God in it until under Republican president in 1954 it was added, it was never on our money till recently either
It was on coins in the 1800's. Never had it to begin with....

Kenny

Premium Member
You keep repeating falsehoods, the left never took out under God from the pledge, or are you going to keep making things up.
Hey, if we are going to get crazy like the OP opening remark, I demand equal time:

Lyndon

Premium Member
In God we Trust was briefly on coins not paper money during the civil war and the period after but it was removed and didn't show up again till the 50s, as I said recently

Lyndon

Premium Member
Hey, if we are going to get crazy like the OP opening remark, I demand equal time:

So some people chose to skip it big deal, that is not THE LEFT, your favourite boogeyman, people on the left and the right have been opposed to it for years, but the official pledge still contains under God

tytlyf

Not Religious
In God we Trust was briefly on coins not paper money during the civil war and the period after but it was removed and didn't show up again till the 50s, as I said recently
The phrase showed up on a coin for the first time in the 1860's. The phrase vanished for a few years here and there. But has consistently been on coins since the 1860's. Paper money started around 1957. After that, the national motto was changed.
The population is ignoring the Founding values established by the Constitution. Separation of church and state.

Lyndon

Premium Member
No it ended on coins in the late 1800s and didn't show up again till the 50s, look it up

Kenny

Premium Member
So some people chose to skip it big deal, that is not THE LEFT, your favourite boogeyman, people on the left and the right have been opposed to it for years, but the official pledge still contains under God
hey... my statement may be ridiculous... but like I said, I demanded equal time for the ridiculous inference on the OP

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You have it backwards, the words "under God" were added to the pledge of allegiance in 1954,, they're not original., but under God has not been removed from the pledge since. Why do we always have to correct this right wing misinformation campaign, as if the facts aren't good enough for them??
Because facts ARE NOT good enough for them.

Lyndon

Premium Member
It well established from polls that Trump does best with less educated white voters especially males, it seems many of them have trouble separating facts from lies.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
No it ended on coins in the late 1800s and didn't show up again till the 50s, look it up
I already looked it up. It was law.
The Congress passed the Act of April 22, 1864. This legislation changed the composition of the one-cent coin and authorized the minting of the two-cent coin. The Mint Director was directed to develop the designs for these coins for final approval of the Secretary. IN GOD WE TRUST first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin.

Another Act of Congress passed on March 3, 1865. It allowed the Mint Director, with the Secretary's approval, to place the motto on all gold and silver coins that "shall admit the inscription thereon." Under the Act, the motto was placed on the gold double-eagle coin, the gold eagle coin, and the gold half-eagle coin. It was also placed on the silver dollar coin, the half-dollar coin and the quarter-dollar coin, and on the nickel three-cent coin beginning in 1866. Later, Congress passed the Coinage Act of February 12, 1873. It also said that the Secretary "may cause the motto IN GOD WE TRUST to be inscribed on such coins as shall admit of such motto."
The use of IN GOD WE TRUST has not been uninterrupted. The motto disappeared from the five-cent coin in 1883, and did not reappear until production of the Jefferson nickel began in 1938. Since 1938, all United States coins bear the inscription. Later, the motto was found missing from the new design of the double-eagle gold coin and the eagle gold coin shortly after they appeared in 1907. In response to a general demand, Congress ordered it restored, and the Act of May 18, 1908, made it mandatory on all coins upon which it had previously appeared. IN GOD WE TRUST was not mandatory on the one-cent coin and five-cent coin. It could be placed on them by the Secretary or the Mint Director with the Secretary's approval.

The motto has been in continuous use on the one-cent coin since 1909, and on the ten-cent coin since 1916. It also has appeared on all gold coins and silver dollar coins, half-dollar coins, and quarter-dollar coins struck since July 1, 1908.
History of 'In God We Trust'