• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it foretold in religious text?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
This will be a fun game:

One side has a day to ask whether something is foretold in religious text. The other side has a day to find an answer. Even if the questioners miss their window or the answerers can't answer in time just keep playing. Play as long as you like.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
One team thinks of some invention or phenomena that we currently have or is currently happening. The other team tries to find a pre-recording in religious text that predicts it ahead of time. Each team has a day and if one team loses they can still keep playing.

For instance, the questioners may say, "Internet." Then the answerers may say, "Psalms 147:15 - He sendeth his commandment upon earth; his word runneth very swiftly."

We are not supposed to debate each one; just stick to your beliefs if you are not convinced otherwise and keep playing. It is supposed to be fun.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread is a flop. No one wants to find "anything" foretold in religious text but me.

I think you'll find we're quite the playful bunch here at RF (when we're not at each other's throats that is :D).

Perhaps you'll find more activity here if you provide a better explanation as to how the game works and the goal of the game.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I think you'll find we're quite the playful bunch here at RF (when we're not at each other's throats that is :D).

Perhaps you'll find more activity here if you provide a better explanation as to how the game works and the goal of the game.
I'm sorry. Post #3 is the best I can explain.

Each team gets a day, one to think of something not predicted by religious text and one to find it predicted. For instance "bacteria" could be met with "creeping thing on the earth." "Ape or pre-human" could be "Beast," both of these examples from Genesis 1. People could look for better examples or harder questions.

Even if one side "wins" you just keep going. It doesn't matter whether either side believes each other... you just do your best.

It's like two teams are fighting over whether religious text works as an Encyclopedia, even one from before the items of the Encyclopedia were made or happened.

DennisTate

One team thinks of some invention or phenomena that we currently have or is currently happening. The other team tries to find a pre-recording in religious text that predicts it ahead of time. Each team has a day and if one team loses they can still keep playing.

For instance, the questioners may say, "Internet." Then the answerers may say, "Psalms 147:15 - He sendeth his commandment upon earth; his word runneth very swiftly."

We are not supposed to debate each one; just stick to your beliefs if you are not convinced otherwise and keep playing. It is supposed to be fun.

Cloning......
hint... Jasher......

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Don't need a hint...

Ezekiel 37:3-10

"Son of man, can these bones live?... there was noise, and behold a shaking... the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above... and they lived, and stoop up upon their feet, an exceeding great army."

There's another similar set of verses in Ezekiel I think.

It's like Star Wars: Attack of the clones.

DennisTate

Don't need a hint...

Ezekiel 37:3-10

"Son of man, can these bones live?... there was noise, and behold a shaking... the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above... and they lived, and stoop up upon their feet, an exceeding great army."

There's another similar set of verses in Ezekiel I think.

It's like Star Wars: Attack of the clones.

I'm impressed... I hadn't thought of those verses in quite that way but yes.......
G-d clones each of us, in a way, for each new time line........
or example of Multiverse that we play out the role of our lives in......

The Philosophical Implications of Multiverse Theory and multiple Ezekiel 37 events...

Book of Jasher, Chapter 4

"18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals."